Μακκαβαίων Αʹ 1 Maccabees
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 1Mc 12:1 1 καὶ εἶδεν Ιωναθαν ὅτι ὁ καιρὸς αὐτῷ συνεργεῖ καὶ ἐπελέξατο ἄνδρας καὶ ἀπέστειλεν εἰς Ῥώμην στῆσαι καὶ ἀνανεώσασθαι τὴν πρὸς αὐτοὺς φιλίαν 1Mc 12:1
¶Jonathan saw that the time was favorable for him, so he chose men and sent them to Rome to confirm and renew the friendship that they had with them.
- - - 2 1Mc 12:2 2 καὶ πρὸς Σπαρτιάτας καὶ τόπους ἑτέρους ἀπέστειλεν ἐπιστολὰς κατὰ τὰ αὐτά 1Mc 12:2
He also sent similar letters to the Spartans, and to other places.
- - - 3 1Mc 12:3 3 καὶ ἐπορεύθησαν εἰς Ῥώμην καὶ εἰσῆλθον εἰς τὸ βουλευτήριον καὶ εἶπον Ιωναθαν ὁ ἀρχιερεὺς καὶ τὸ ἔθνος τῶν Ιουδαίων ἀπέστειλεν ἡμᾶς ἀνανεώσασθαι τὴν φιλίαν ἑαυτοῖς καὶ τὴν συμμαχίαν κατὰ τὸ πρότερον 1Mc 12:3
They went to Rome, entered into the senate house, and said, “Jonathan the high priest and the nation of the Jews have sent us to renew for them the friendship and the alliance, as in former time.”
- - - 4 1Mc 12:4 4 καὶ ἔδωκαν ἐπιστολὰς αὐτοῖς πρὸς αὐτοὺς κατὰ τόπον ὅπως προπέμπωσιν αὐτοὺς εἰς γῆν Ιουδα μετ’ εἰρήνης 1Mc 12:4
They gave them letters to the men in every place, that they should provide safe conduct for them on their way to the land of Judah.
- - - 5 1Mc 12:5 5 καὶ τοῦτο τὸ ἀντίγραφον τῶν ἐπιστολῶν ὧν ἔγραψεν Ιωναθαν τοῖς Σπαρτιάταις 1Mc 12:5
This is the copy of the letters which Jonathan wrote to the Spartans:
- - - 6 1Mc 12:6 6 Ιωναθαν ἀρχιερεὺς καὶ ἡ γερουσία τοῦ ἔθνους καὶ οἱ ἱερεῖς καὶ ὁ λοιπὸς δῆμος τῶν Ιουδαίων Σπαρτιάταις τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς χαίρειν 1Mc 12:6
¶“Jonathan the high priest, and the senate of the nation, and the priests, and the rest of the people of the Jews, to their kindred the Spartans, greetings.
- - - 7 1Mc 12:7 7 ἔτι πρότερον ἀπεστάλησαν ἐπιστολαὶ πρὸς Ονιαν τὸν ἀρχιερέα παρὰ Ἀρείου τοῦ βασιλεύοντος ἐν ὑμῖν ὅτι ἐστὲ ἀδελφοὶ ἡμῶν ὡς τὸ ἀντίγραφον ὑπόκειται 1Mc 12:7
Even before this time letters were sent to Onias the high priest from Arius,
who was reigning among you, to signify that you are our kindred, as the copy written below shows.
- - - 8 1Mc 12:8 8 καὶ ἐπεδέξατο ὁ Ονιας τὸν ἄνδρα τὸν ἀπεσταλμένον ἐνδόξως καὶ ἔλαβεν τὰς ἐπιστολάς ἐν αἷς διεσαφεῖτο περὶ συμμαχίας καὶ φιλίας 1Mc 12:8
Onias welcomed honorably the man who was sent and received the letters, wherein declaration was made of alliance and friendship.
- - - 9 1Mc 12:9 9 ἡμεῖς οὖν ἀπροσδεεῖς τούτων ὄντες παράκλησιν ἔχοντες τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια τὰ ἐν ταῖς χερσὶν ἡμῶν 1Mc 12:9
Therefore we also, even though we need none of these things, having for our encouragement the holy books which are in our hands,
- - - 10 1Mc 12:10 10 ἐπειράθημεν ἀποστεῖλαι τὴν πρὸς ὑμᾶς ἀδελφότητα καὶ φιλίαν ἀνανεώσασθαι πρὸς τὸ μὴ ἐξαλλοτριωθῆναι ὑμῶν πολλοὶ γὰρ καιροὶ διῆλθον ἀφ’ οὗ ἀπεστείλατε πρὸς ἡμᾶς 1Mc 12:10
have undertaken to send that we might renew our brotherhood and friendship with you, to the end that we should not become estranged from you altogether; for a long time has passed since you sent your letter to us.
- - - 11 1Mc 12:11 11 ἡμεῖς οὖν ἐν παντὶ καιρῷ ἀδιαλείπτως ἔν τε ταῖς ἑορταῖς καὶ ταῖς λοιπαῖς καθηκούσαις ἡμέραις μιμνῃσκόμεθα ὑμῶν ἐφ’ ὧν προσφέρομεν θυσιῶν καὶ ἐν ταῖς προσευχαῖς ὡς δέον ἐστὶν καὶ πρέπον μνημονεύειν ἀδελφῶν 1Mc 12:11
We therefore at all times without ceasing, both in our feasts, and on the other convenient days, remember you in the sacrifices which we offer, and in our prayers, as it is right and proper to be mindful of kindred.
- - - 12 1Mc 12:12 12 εὐφραινόμεθα δὲ ἐπὶ τῇ δόξῃ ὑμῶν 1Mc 12:12
Moreover, we are glad for your glory.
- - - 13 1Mc 12:13 13 ἡμᾶς δὲ ἐκύκλωσαν πολλαὶ θλίψεις καὶ πόλεμοι πολλοί καὶ ἐπολέμησαν ἡμᾶς οἱ βασιλεῖς οἱ κύκλῳ ἡμῶν 1Mc 12:13
But as for ourselves, many afflictions and many wars have encompassed us, and the kings who are around us have fought against us.
- - - 14 1Mc 12:14 14 οὐκ ἠβουλόμεθα οὖν παρενοχλῆσαι ὑμῖν καὶ τοῖς λοιποῖς συμμάχοις καὶ φίλοις ἡμῶν ἐν τοῖς πολέμοις τούτοις 1Mc 12:14
We were unwilling to be troublesome to you, and to the rest of our allies and friends, in these wars;
- - - 15 1Mc 12:15 15 ἔχομεν γὰρ τὴν ἐξ οὐρανοῦ βοήθειαν βοηθοῦσαν ἡμῖν καὶ ἐρρύσθημεν ἀπὸ τῶν ἐχθρῶν καὶ ἐταπεινώθησαν οἱ ἐχθροὶ ἡμῶν 1Mc 12:15
for we have the help which is from heaven to help us, and we have been delivered from our enemies, and our enemies have been humbled.
- - - 16 1Mc 12:16 16 ἐπελέξαμεν οὖν Νουμήνιον Ἀντιόχου καὶ Ἀντίπατρον Ἰάσονος καὶ ἀπεστάλκαμεν πρὸς Ῥωμαίους ἀνανεώσασθαι τὴν πρὸς αὐτοὺς φιλίαν καὶ συμμαχίαν τὴν πρότερον 1Mc 12:16
We chose therefore Numenius the son of Antiochus and Antipater the son of Jason, and have sent them to the Romans, to renew the friendship that we had with them, and the former alliance.
- - - 17 1Mc 12:17 17 ἐνετειλάμεθα οὖν αὐτοῖς καὶ πρὸς ὑμᾶς πορευθῆναι καὶ ἀσπάσασθαι ὑμᾶς καὶ ἀποδοῦναι ὑμῖν τὰς παρ’ ἡμῶν ἐπιστολὰς περὶ τῆς ἀνανεώσεως καὶ τῆς ἀδελφότητος ἡμῶν 1Mc 12:17
We commanded them therefore to go also to you, and to salute you, and to deliver you our letters concerning the renewing of friendship and our brotherhood.
- - - 18 1Mc 12:18 18 καὶ νῦν καλῶς ποιήσετε ἀντιφωνήσαντες ἡμῖν πρὸς ταῦτα 1Mc 12:18
And now you will do well if you give us a reply.”
- - - 19 1Mc 12:19 19 καὶ τοῦτο τὸ ἀντίγραφον τῶν ἐπιστολῶν ὧν ἀπέστειλαν Ονια 1Mc 12:19
¶And this is the copy of the letters which they sent to Onias:
- - - 20 1Mc 12:20 20 Ἄρειος βασιλεὺς Σπαρτιατῶν Ονια ἱερεῖ μεγάλῳ χαίρειν 1Mc 12:20
¶“Arius king of the Spartans to Onias the chief priest, greetings.
- - - 21 1Mc 12:21 21 εὑρέθη ἐν γραφῇ περί τε τῶν Σπαρτιατῶν καὶ Ιουδαίων ὅτι εἰσὶν ἀδελφοὶ καὶ ὅτι εἰσὶν ἐκ γένους Αβρααμ 1Mc 12:21
It has been found in writing, concerning the Spartans and the Jews, that they are kindred, and that they are of the descendants of Abraham.
- - - 22 1Mc 12:22 22 καὶ νῦν ἀφ’ οὗ ἔγνωμεν ταῦτα καλῶς ποιήσετε γράφοντες ἡμῖν περὶ τῆς εἰρήνης ὑμῶν 1Mc 12:22
Now, since this has come to our knowledge, you will do well to write to us of your
- - - 23 1Mc 12:23 23 καὶ ἡμεῖς δὲ ἀντιγράφομεν ὑμῖν τὰ κτήνη ὑμῶν καὶ ἡ ὕπαρξις ὑμῶν ἡμῖν ἐστιν καὶ τὰ ἡμῶν ὑμῖν ἐστιν ἐντελλόμεθα οὖν ὅπως ἀπαγγείλωσιν ὑμῖν κατὰ ταῦτα 1Mc 12:23
We moreover write on our part to you, that your livestock and goods are ours, and ours are yours. We do command therefore that they make report to you accordingly.”
- - - 24 1Mc 12:24 24 καὶ ἤκουσεν Ιωναθαν ὅτι ἐπέστρεψαν οἱ ἄρχοντες Δημητρίου μετὰ δυνάμεως πολλῆς ὑπὲρ τὸ πρότερον τοῦ πολεμῆσαι πρὸς αὐτόν 1Mc 12:24
¶Now Jonathan heard that Demetrius’ princes had returned to fight against him with a greater army than before,
- - - 25 1Mc 12:25 25 καὶ ἀπῆρεν ἐξ Ιερουσαλημ καὶ ἀπήντησεν αὐτοῖς εἰς τὴν Αμαθῖτιν χώραν οὐ γὰρ ἔδωκεν αὐτοῖς ἀνοχὴν τοῦ ἐμβατεῦσαι εἰς τὴν χώραν αὐτοῦ 1Mc 12:25
so he marched away from Jerusalem, and met them in the country of Hamath; for he gave them no opportunity to set foot in his country.
- - - 26 1Mc 12:26 26 καὶ ἀπέστειλεν κατασκόπους εἰς τὴν παρεμβολὴν αὐτῶν καὶ ἐπέστρεψαν καὶ ἀπήγγειλαν αὐτῷ ὅτι οὕτως τάσσονται ἐπιπεσεῖν ἐπ’ αὐτοὺς τὴν νύκτα 1Mc 12:26
He sent spies into his camp, and they came again, and reported to him that they were preparing to attack them at night.
- - - 27 1Mc 12:27 27 ὡς δὲ ἔδυ ὁ ἥλιος ἐπέταξεν Ιωναθαν τοῖς παρ’ αὐτοῦ γρηγορεῖν καὶ εἶναι ἐπὶ τοῖς ὅπλοις ἑτοιμάζεσθαι εἰς πόλεμον δι’ ὅλης τῆς νυκτὸς καὶ ἐξέβαλεν προφύλακας κύκλῳ τῆς παρεμβολῆς 1Mc 12:27
But as soon as the sun was down, Jonathan commanded his men to watch, and to be armed, that all the night long they might be ready for battle. He stationed sentinels around the camp. But as soon as the sun was down, Jonathan commanded his men to
watch, and to be in arms, that all the night long they might be ready
for battle. He stationed sentinels around the camp.
- - - 28 1Mc 12:28 28 καὶ ἤκουσαν οἱ ὑπεναντίοι ὅτι ἡτοίμασται Ιωναθαν καὶ οἱ παρ’ αὐτοῦ εἰς πόλεμον καὶ ἐφοβήθησαν καὶ ἔπτηξαν τῇ καρδίᾳ αὐτῶν καὶ ἀνέκαυσαν πυρὰς ἐν τῇ παρεμβολῇ αὐτῶν 1Mc 12:28
The adversaries heard that Jonathan and his men were ready for battle, and they feared, and trembled in their hearts, and they kindled fires in their camp then withdrew.
- - - 29 1Mc 12:29 29 Ιωναθαν δὲ καὶ οἱ παρ’ αὐτοῦ οὐκ ἔγνωσαν ἕως πρωί ἔβλεπον γὰρ τὰ φῶτα καιόμενα 1Mc 12:29
But Jonathan and his men didn’t know it until the morning; for they saw the fires burning.
- - - 30 1Mc 12:30 30 καὶ κατεδίωξεν Ιωναθαν ὀπίσω αὐτῶν καὶ οὐ κατέλαβεν αὐτούς διέβησαν γὰρ τὸν Ἐλεύθερον ποταμόν 1Mc 12:30
Jonathan pursued after them, but didn’t overtake them; for they had gone over the river Eleutherus.
- - - 31 1Mc 12:31 31 καὶ ἐξέκλινεν Ιωναθαν ἐπὶ τοὺς Ἄραβας τοὺς καλουμένους Ζαβαδαίους καὶ ἐπάταξεν αὐτοὺς καὶ ἔλαβεν τὰ σκῦλα αὐτῶν 1Mc 12:31
Then Jonathan turned toward the Arabians, who are called Zabadaeans, and struck them, and took their spoils.
- - - 32 1Mc 12:32 32 καὶ ἀναζεύξας ἦλθεν εἰς Δαμασκὸν καὶ διώδευσεν ἐν πάσῃ τῇ χώρᾳ 1Mc 12:32
He came out from there, and came to Damascus, and took his journey through all the country.
- - - 33 1Mc 12:33 33 καὶ Σιμων ἐξῆλθεν καὶ διώδευσεν ἕως Ἀσκαλῶνος καὶ τὰ πλησίον ὀχυρώματα καὶ ἐξέκλινεν εἰς Ιοππην καὶ προκατελάβετο αὐτήν 1Mc 12:33
¶Simon went out, and took his journey as far as Ascalon, and the strongholds that were near it. Then he turned toward Joppa and took possession of it;
- - - 34 1Mc 12:34 34 ἤκουσεν γὰρ ὅτι βούλονται τὸ ὀχύρωμα παραδοῦναι τοῖς παρὰ Δημητρίου καὶ ἔθετο ἐκεῖ φρουράν ὅπως φυλάσσωσιν αὐτήν 1Mc 12:34
for he had heard that they were planning to hand over the stronghold to Demetrius’ men. He set a garrison there to guard it.
- - - 35 1Mc 12:35 35 καὶ ἐπέστρεψεν Ιωναθαν καὶ ἐξεκκλησίασεν τοὺς πρεσβυτέρους τοῦ λαοῦ καὶ ἐβουλεύετο μετ’ αὐτῶν τοῦ οἰκοδομῆσαι ὀχυρώματα ἐν τῇ Ιουδαίᾳ 1Mc 12:35
¶Then Jonathan returned and called the elders of the people together. He planned with them to build strongholds in Judea,
- - - 36 1Mc 12:36 36 καὶ προσυψῶσαι τὰ τείχη Ιερουσαλημ καὶ ὑψῶσαι ὕψος μέγα ἀνὰ μέσον τῆς ἄκρας καὶ τῆς πόλεως εἰς τὸ διαχωρίζειν αὐτὴν τῆς πόλεως ἵνα ᾖ αὕτη κατὰ μόνας ὅπως μήτε ἀγοράζωσιν μήτε πωλῶσιν 1Mc 12:36
and to make the walls of Jerusalem higher, and to raise a great mound between the citadel and the city, to separate it from the city, that so it might be isolated, that its garrison might neither buy nor sell.
- - - 37 1Mc 12:37 37 καὶ συνήχθησαν τοῦ οἰκοδομεῖν τὴν πόλιν καὶ ἔπεσεν τοῦ τείχους τοῦ χειμάρρου τοῦ ἐξ ἀπηλιώτου καὶ ἐπεσκεύασεν τὸ καλούμενον Χαφεναθα 1Mc 12:37
They were gathered together to build the city. Part of the wall of the brook that is on the east side fell down, and he repaired the section called Chaphenatha.
- - - 38 1Mc 12:38 38 καὶ Σιμων ᾠκοδόμησεν τὴν Αδιδα ἐν τῇ Σεφηλα καὶ ὠχύρωσεν αὐτὴν καὶ ἐπέστησεν θύρας καὶ μοχλούς 1Mc 12:38
Simon also built Adida in the
plain country, made it strong, and set up gates and bars.
- - - 39 1Mc 12:39 39 καὶ ἐζήτησεν Τρύφων βασιλεῦσαι τῆς Ἀσίας καὶ περιθέσθαι τὸ διάδημα καὶ ἐκτεῖναι χεῖρα ἐπ’ Ἀντίοχον τὸν βασιλέα 1Mc 12:39
¶And Tryphon sought to reign over Asia and to crown himself, and to stretch out his hand against Antiochus the king.
- - - 40 1Mc 12:40 40 καὶ εὐλαβήθη μήποτε οὐκ ἐάσῃ αὐτὸν Ιωναθαν καὶ μήποτε πολεμήσῃ πρὸς αὐτόν καὶ ἐζήτει συλλαβεῖν αὐτὸν τοῦ ἀπολέσαι καὶ ἀπάρας ἦλθεν εἰς Βαιθσαν 1Mc 12:40
He was afraid that Jonathan wouldn’t allow him, and that he would fight against him; and he sought a way to seize him, that he might destroy him. So he marched out and came to Bethshan.
- - - 41 1Mc 12:41 41 καὶ ἐξῆλθεν Ιωναθαν εἰς ἀπάντησιν αὐτῷ ἐν τεσσαράκοντα χιλιάσιν ἀνδρῶν ἐπιλελεγμέναις εἰς παράταξιν καὶ ἦλθεν εἰς Βαιθσαν 1Mc 12:41
Jonathan came out to meet him with forty thousand men chosen for battle, and came to Bethshan.
- - - 42 1Mc 12:42 42 καὶ εἶδεν Τρύφων ὅτι ἦλθεν μετὰ δυνάμεως πολλῆς καὶ ἐκτεῖναι χεῖρας ἐπ’ αὐτὸν εὐλαβήθη 1Mc 12:42
Tryphon saw that he came with a great army, and he was afraid to stretch out his hand against him.
- - - 43 1Mc 12:43 43 καὶ ἐπεδέξατο αὐτὸν ἐνδόξως καὶ συνέστησεν αὐτὸν πᾶσιν τοῖς φίλοις αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ δόματα καὶ ἐπέταξεν τοῖς φίλοις αὐτοῦ καὶ ταῖς δυνάμεσιν αὐτοῦ ὑπακούειν αὐτοῦ ὡς αὑτοῦ 1Mc 12:43
He received him honorably, and commended him to all his
friends, and gave him gifts, and commanded his forces to be obedient to him, as to himself.
- - - 44 1Mc 12:44 44 καὶ εἶπεν τῷ Ιωναθαν ἵνα τί ἐκόπωσας πάντα τὸν λαὸν τοῦτον πολέμου μὴ ἐνεστηκότος ἡμῖν 1Mc 12:44
He said to Jonathan, “Why have you put all this people to so much trouble, seeing there is no war between us?
- - - 45 1Mc 12:45 45 καὶ νῦν ἀπόστειλον αὐτοὺς εἰς τοὺς οἴκους αὐτῶν ἐπίλεξαι δὲ σεαυτῷ ἄνδρας ὀλίγους οἵτινες ἔσονται μετὰ σοῦ καὶ δεῦρο μετ’ ἐμοῦ εἰς Πτολεμαίδα καὶ παραδώσω σοι αὐτὴν καὶ τὰ λοιπὰ ὀχυρώματα καὶ τὰς δυνάμεις τὰς λοιπὰς καὶ πάντας τοὺς ἐπὶ τῶν χρειῶν καὶ ἐπιστρέψας ἀπελεύσομαι τούτου γὰρ χάριν πάρειμι 1Mc 12:45
Now send them away to their homes, but choose for yourself a few men who shall be with you, and come with me to Ptolemais, and I will give it to you, and the rest of the strongholds and the rest of the forces, and all the king’s officers. Then I will turn around and depart; for this is why I came.”
- - - 46 1Mc 12:46 46 καὶ ἐμπιστεύσας αὐτῷ ἐποίησεν καθὼς εἶπεν καὶ ἐξαπέστειλεν τὰς δυνάμεις καὶ ἀπῆλθον εἰς γῆν Ιουδα 1Mc 12:46
¶He put his trust in him, and did even as he said, and sent away his forces, and they departed into the land of Judah.
- - - 47 1Mc 12:47 47 κατέλιπεν δὲ μεθ’ ἑαυτοῦ ἄνδρας τρισχιλίους ὧν δισχιλίους ἀφῆκεν ἐν τῇ Γαλιλαίᾳ χίλιοι δὲ συνῆλθον αὐτῷ 1Mc 12:47
But he reserved to himself three thousand men, of whom he left two thousand in Galilee, but one thousand went with him.
- - - 48 1Mc 12:48 48 ὡς δὲ εἰσῆλθεν Ιωναθαν εἰς Πτολεμαίδα ἀπέκλεισαν οἱ Πτολεμαεῖς τὰς πύλας καὶ συνέλαβον αὐτόν καὶ πάντας τοὺς συνεισελθόντας μετ’ αὐτοῦ ἀπέκτειναν ἐν ῥομφαίᾳ 1Mc 12:48
Now as soon as Jonathan entered into Ptolemais, the people of Ptolemais shut the gates and seized him. They killed all those who came in with him with the sword.
- - - 49 1Mc 12:49 49 καὶ ἀπέστειλεν Τρύφων δυνάμεις καὶ ἵππον εἰς τὴν Γαλιλαίαν καὶ τὸ πεδίον τὸ μέγα τοῦ ἀπολέσαι πάντας τοὺς παρὰ Ιωναθου 1Mc 12:49
¶Tryphon sent troops and cavalry into Galilee, and into the Great Plain, to destroy all Jonathan’s men.
- - - 50 1Mc 12:50 50 καὶ ἐπέγνωσαν ὅτι συνελήμφθη καὶ ἀπόλωλεν καὶ οἱ μετ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ παρεκάλεσαν ἑαυτοὺς καὶ ἐπορεύοντο συνεστραμμένοι ἕτοιμοι εἰς πόλεμον 1Mc 12:50
They perceived that he had been seized and had perished, along with those who were with him. They encouraged one another and went on their way close together, prepared to fight.
- - - 51 1Mc 12:51 51 καὶ εἶδον οἱ διώκοντες ὅτι περὶ ψυχῆς αὐτοῖς ἐστιν καὶ ἐπέστρεψαν 1Mc 12:51
Those who followed them saw that they were ready to fight for their lives, and turned back again.
- - - 52 1Mc 12:52 52 καὶ ἦλθον πάντες μετ’ εἰρήνης εἰς γῆν Ιουδα καὶ ἐπένθησαν τὸν Ιωναθαν καὶ τοὺς μετ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐφοβήθησαν σφόδρα καὶ ἐπένθησεν πᾶς Ισραηλ πένθος μέγα 1Mc 12:52
They all came in peace into the land of Judah, and they mourned for Jonathan and those who were with him, and they were very afraid. All Israel mourned with a great mourning.
- - - 53 1Mc 12:53 53 καὶ ἐζήτησαν πάντα τὰ ἔθνη τὰ κύκλῳ αὐτῶν ἐκτρῖψαι αὐτούς εἶπον γάρ οὐκ ἔχουσιν ἄρχοντα καὶ βοηθοῦντα νῦν οὖν πολεμήσωμεν αὐτοὺς καὶ ἐξάρωμεν ἐξ ἀνθρώπων τὸ μνημόσυνον αὐτῶν 1Mc 12:53
And all the Gentiles who were around them sought to destroy them utterly; for they said, “They have no ruler nor anyone to help them. Now therefore let’s fight against them, and take away their memory from among men.”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard