CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Bar 1:1 1 καὶ οὗτοι οἱ λόγοι τοῦ βιβλίου οὓς ἔγραψεν Βαρουχ υἱὸς Νηριου υἱοῦ Μαασαιου υἱοῦ Σεδεκιου υἱοῦ Ασαδιου υἱοῦ Χελκιου ἐν Βαβυλῶνι Bar 1:1
¶These are the words of the book, which Baruch the son of Neriah, the son of Maasiah, the son of Zedekiah, the son of Hasadiah, the son of Hilkiah, wrote in Babylon,
- - - 2 Bar 1:2 2 ἐν τῷ ἔτει τῷ πέμπτῳ ἐν ἑβδόμῃ τοῦ μηνὸς ἐν τῷ καιρῷ ᾧ ἔλαβον οἱ Χαλδαῖοι τὴν Ιερουσαλημ καὶ ἐνέπρησαν αὐτὴν ἐν πυρί Bar 1:2
in the fifth year, and on the seventh day of the month, since the time when the Chaldeans took Jerusalem and burnt it with fire.
- - - 3 Bar 1:3 3 καὶ ἀνέγνω Βαρουχ τοὺς λόγους τοῦ βιβλίου τούτου ἐν ὠσὶν Ιεχονιου υἱοῦ Ιωακιμ βασιλέως Ιουδα καὶ ἐν ὠσὶ παντὸς τοῦ λαοῦ τῶν ἐρχομένων πρὸς τὴν βίβλον Bar 1:3
Baruch read the words of this book in the hearing of Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and to the ears of all the people who came to hear the book,
- - - 4 Bar 1:4 4 καὶ ἐν ὠσὶν τῶν δυνατῶν καὶ υἱῶν τῶν βασιλέων καὶ ἐν ὠσὶ τῶν πρεσβυτέρων καὶ ἐν ὠσὶ παντὸς τοῦ λαοῦ ἀπὸ μικροῦ ἕως μεγάλου πάντων τῶν κατοικούντων ἐν Βαβυλῶνι ἐπὶ ποταμοῦ Σουδ Bar 1:4
and in the hearing of the nobles, and of the king’s sons, and in the hearing of the elders, and of all the people, from the lowest to the highest, even of all those who dwelt at Babylon by the river Sud;
- - - 5 Bar 1:5 5 καὶ ἔκλαιον καὶ ἐνήστευον καὶ ηὔχοντο ἐναντίον κυρίου Bar 1:5
whereupon they wept, fasted, and prayed before the Lord.
- - - 6 Bar 1:6 6 καὶ συνήγαγον ἀργύριον καθὰ ἑκάστου ἠδύνατο ἡ χείρ Bar 1:6
¶They also made a collection of money according to each man’s ability,
- - - 7 Bar 1:7 7 καὶ ἀπέστειλαν εἰς Ιερουσαλημ πρὸς Ιωακιμ υἱὸν Χελκιου υἱοῦ Σαλωμ τὸν ἱερέα καὶ πρὸς τοὺς ἱερεῖς καὶ πρὸς πάντα τὸν λαὸν τοὺς εὑρεθέντας μετ’ αὐτοῦ ἐν Ιερουσαλημ Bar 1:7
and they sent it to Jerusalem to Joachim the high priest, the son of Hilkiah, son of Salom, and to the priests, and to all the people who were with him at Jerusalem,
- - - 8 Bar 1:8 8 ἐν τῷ λαβεῖν αὐτὸν τὰ σκεύη οἴκου κυρίου τὰ ἐξενεχθέντα ἐκ τοῦ ναοῦ ἀποστρέψαι εἰς γῆν Ιουδα τῇ δεκάτῃ τοῦ Σιουαν σκεύη ἀργυρᾶ ἃ ἐποίησεν Σεδεκιας υἱὸς Ιωσια βασιλεὺς Ιουδα Bar 1:8
at the same time when he received the vessels of the house of the Lord, which had been carried out of the Temple, to return them into the land of Judah, in the tenth day of the month Sivan, namely, silver vessels, which Zedekiah, the son of Josiah king of Judah, had made.
- - - 9 Bar 1:9 9 μετὰ τὸ ἀποικίσαι Ναβουχοδονοσορ βασιλέα Βαβυλῶνος τὸν Ιεχονιαν καὶ τοὺς ἄρχοντας καὶ τοὺς δεσμώτας καὶ τοὺς δυνατοὺς καὶ τὸν λαὸν τῆς γῆς ἀπὸ Ιερουσαλημ καὶ ἤγαγεν αὐτὸν εἰς Βαβυλῶνα Bar 1:9
After that, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had carried away Jeconiah and the princes and the captives and the mighty men and the people of the land, from Jerusalem and brought them to Babylon.
- - - 10 Bar 1:10 10 καὶ εἶπαν ἰδοὺ ἀπεστείλαμεν πρὸς ὑμᾶς ἀργύριον καὶ ἀγοράσατε τοῦ ἀργυρίου ὁλοκαυτώματα καὶ περὶ ἁμαρτίας καὶ λίβανον καὶ ποιήσατε μαννα καὶ ἀνοίσατε ἐπὶ τὸ θυσιαστήριον κυρίου θεοῦ ἡμῶν Bar 1:10
¶And they said, “Behold, we have sent you money to buy you burnt offerings and sin offerings and incense, and to prepare you cereal offerings, to offer upon the altar of the Lord our God,
- - - 11 Bar 1:11 11 καὶ προσεύξασθε περὶ τῆς ζωῆς Ναβουχοδονοσορ βασιλέως Βαβυλῶνος καὶ εἰς ζωὴν Βαλτασαρ υἱοῦ αὐτοῦ ἵνα ὦσιν αἱ ἡμέραι αὐτῶν ὡς αἱ ἡμέραι τοῦ οὐρανοῦ ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς Bar 1:11
and to pray for the life of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and for the life of Belshazzar his son, that their days on earth may be as the days of heaven.
- - - 12 Bar 1:12 12 καὶ δώσει κύριος ἰσχὺν ἡμῖν καὶ φωτίσει τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς ἡμῶν καὶ ζησόμεθα ὑπὸ τὴν σκιὰν Ναβουχοδονοσορ βασιλέως Βαβυλῶνος καὶ ὑπὸ τὴν σκιὰν Βαλτασαρ υἱοῦ αὐτοῦ καὶ δουλεύσομεν αὐτοῖς ἡμέρας πολλὰς καὶ εὑρήσομεν χάριν ἐναντίον αὐτῶν Bar 1:12
And the Lord will give us strength and lighten our eyes, and we shall live under the shadow of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and under the shadow of Belshazzar his son, and we shall serve them for many days and find favor in their sight.
- - - 13 Bar 1:13 13 καὶ προσεύξασθε περὶ ἡμῶν πρὸς κύριον τὸν θεὸν ἡμῶν ὅτι ἡμάρτομεν τῷ κυρίῳ θεῷ ἡμῶν καὶ οὐκ ἀπέστρεψεν ὁ θυμὸς κυρίου καὶ ἡ ὀργὴ αὐτοῦ ἀφ’ ἡμῶν ἕως τῆς ἡμέρας ταύτης Bar 1:13
Pray for us also to the Lord our God, for we have sinned against the Lord our God; and until this day the fury of the Lord and his wrath has not turned from us.
- - - 14 Bar 1:14 14 καὶ ἀναγνώσεσθε τὸ βιβλίον τοῦτο ὃ ἀπεστείλαμεν πρὸς ὑμᾶς ἐξαγορεῦσαι ἐν οἴκῳ κυρίου ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ἑορτῆς καὶ ἐν ἡμέραις καιροῦ Bar 1:14
And you shall read this book, which we have sent to you, to make confession in the house of the Lord on the feasts and solemn days.
- - - 15 Bar 1:15 15 καὶ ἐρεῖτε τῷ κυρίῳ θεῷ ἡμῶν ἡ δικαιοσύνη ἡμῖν δὲ αἰσχύνη τῶν προσώπων ὡς ἡ ἡμέρα αὕτη ἀνθρώπῳ Ιουδα καὶ τοῖς κατοικοῦσιν Ιερουσαλημ Bar 1:15
¶“And you shall say, ‘To the Lord our God belongs righteousness, but to us, confusion of face, as has happened this day, unto those of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.’
- - - 16 Bar 1:16 16 καὶ τοῖς βασιλεῦσιν ἡμῶν καὶ τοῖς ἄρχουσιν ἡμῶν καὶ τοῖς ἱερεῦσιν ἡμῶν καὶ τοῖς προφήταις ἡμῶν καὶ τοῖς πατράσιν ἡμῶν Bar 1:16
And to our kings and our princes and our priests and our prophets and our fathers, you shall say:
- - - 17 Bar 1:17 17 ὧν ἡμάρτομεν ἔναντι κυρίου Bar 1:17
‘For we have sinned before the Lord,
- - - 18 Bar 1:18 18 καὶ ἠπειθήσαμεν αὐτῷ καὶ οὐκ ἠκούσαμεν τῆς φωνῆς κυρίου θεοῦ ἡμῶν πορεύεσθαι τοῖς προστάγμασιν κυρίου οἷς ἔδωκεν κατὰ πρόσωπον ἡμῶν Bar 1:18
and disobeyed him, and have not heeded the voice of the Lord our God to walk in the commandments which he gave us openly.
- - - 19 Bar 1:19 19 ἀπὸ τῆς ἡμέρας ἧς ἐξήγαγεν κύριος τοὺς πατέρας ἡμῶν ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου καὶ ἕως τῆς ἡμέρας ταύτης ἤμεθα ἀπειθοῦντες πρὸς κύριον θεὸν ἡμῶν καὶ ἐσχεδιάζομεν πρὸς τὸ μὴ ἀκούειν τῆς φωνῆς αὐτοῦ Bar 1:19
Since the day that the Lord brought our forefathers out of the land of Egypt, until this present day, we have been disobedient to the Lord our God and we have been negligent in not hearing his voice.
- - - 20 Bar 1:20 20 καὶ ἐκολλήθη εἰς ἡμᾶς τὰ κακὰ καὶ ἡ ἀρά ἣν συνέταξεν κύριος τῷ Μωυσῇ παιδὶ αὐτοῦ ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ᾗ ἐξήγαγεν τοὺς πατέρας ἡμῶν ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου δοῦναι ἡμῖν γῆν ῥέουσαν γάλα καὶ μέλι ὡς ἡ ἡμέρα αὕτη Bar 1:20
Therefore the evils clung to us and also the curse, which the Lord appointed by Moses his servant at the time that he brought our fathers out of the land of Egypt to give us a land that flows with milk and honey, as is clear on this day.
- - - 21 Bar 1:21 21 καὶ οὐκ ἠκούσαμεν τῆς φωνῆς κυρίου τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν κατὰ πάντας τοὺς λόγους τῶν προφητῶν ὧν ἀπέστειλεν πρὸς ἡμᾶς Bar 1:21
Nevertheless we have not heeded the voice of the Lord our God, according to all the words of the prophets, whom he sent to us,
- - - 22 Bar 1:22 22 καὶ ᾠχόμεθα ἕκαστος ἐν διανοίᾳ καρδίας αὐτοῦ τῆς πονηρᾶς ἐργάζεσθαι θεοῖς ἑτέροις ποιῆσαι τὰ κακὰ κατ’ ὀφθαλμοὺς κυρίου θεοῦ ἡμῶν Bar 1:22
but every man followed the imagination of his own wicked heart, to serve strange gods and to do evil in the sight of the Lord our God.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard