CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Bar 2:1 1 καὶ ἔστησεν κύριος τὸν λόγον αὐτοῦ ὃν ἐλάλησεν ἐφ’ ἡμᾶς καὶ ἐπὶ τοὺς δικαστὰς ἡμῶν τοὺς δικάσαντας τὸν Ισραηλ καὶ ἐπὶ τοὺς βασιλεῖς ἡμῶν καὶ ἐπὶ τοὺς ἄρχοντας ἡμῶν καὶ ἐπὶ ἄνθρωπον Ισραηλ καὶ Ιουδα Bar 2:1
¶“‘Therefore the Lord has made good his word, which he pronounced against us and against our judges who judged Israel and against our kings and our princes and against the men of Israel and Judah,
- - - 2 Bar 2:2 2 οὐκ ἐποιήθη ὑποκάτω παντὸς τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καθὰ ἐποίησεν ἐν Ιερουσαλημ κατὰ τὰ γεγραμμένα ἐν τῷ νόμῳ Μωυσῆ Bar 2:2
to bring upon us great plagues, such as never happened under the whole heaven, yet came to pass in Jerusalem, according to the things which were written in the law of Moses,
- - - 3 Bar 2:3 3 τοῦ φαγεῖν ἡμᾶς ἄνθρωπον σάρκας υἱοῦ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἄνθρωπον σάρκας θυγατρὸς αὐτοῦ Bar 2:3
so that a man would eat the flesh of his own son and the flesh of his own daughter.
- - - 4 Bar 2:4 4 καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτοὺς ὑποχειρίους πάσαις ταῖς βασιλείαις ταῖς κύκλῳ ἡμῶν εἰς ὀνειδισμὸν καὶ εἰς ἄβατον ἐν πᾶσι τοῖς λαοῖς τοῖς κύκλῳ οὗ διέσπειρεν αὐτοὺς κύριος ἐκεῖ Bar 2:4
Moreover, he has delivered them to be in subjection to all the kingdoms which surround us, to be as a reproach and a desolation among all the surrounding peoples, where the Lord has scattered them.
- - - 5 Bar 2:5 5 καὶ ἐγενήθησαν ὑποκάτω καὶ οὐκ ἐπάνω ὅτι ἡμάρτομεν κυρίῳ θεῷ ἡμῶν πρὸς τὸ μὴ ἀκούειν τῆς φωνῆς αὐτοῦ Bar 2:5
Thus we were cast down and not exalted because we sinned against the Lord our God and have not been obedient to his voice.
- - - 6 Bar 2:6 6 τῷ κυρίῳ θεῷ ἡμῶν ἡ δικαιοσύνη ἡμῖν δὲ καὶ τοῖς πατράσιν ἡμῶν ἡ αἰσχύνη τῶν προσώπων ὡς ἡ ἡμέρα αὕτη Bar 2:6
To the Lord our God belongs righteousness, but to us and to our fathers open shame, as is clear on this day.
- - - 7 Bar 2:7 7 ἃ ἐλάλησεν κύριος ἐφ’ ἡμᾶς πάντα τὰ κακὰ ταῦτα ἦλθεν ἐφ’ ἡμᾶς Bar 2:7
For all these plagues have come upon us, which the Lord has pronounced against us,
- - - 8 Bar 2:8 8 καὶ οὐκ ἐδεήθημεν τοῦ προσώπου κυρίου τοῦ ἀποστρέψαι ἕκαστον ἀπὸ τῶν νοημάτων τῆς καρδίας αὐτῶν τῆς πονηρᾶς Bar 2:8
yet have we not prayed before the Lord, so that we might turn, each one from the imaginations of his wicked heart.
- - - 9 Bar 2:9 9 καὶ ἐγρηγόρησεν κύριος ἐπὶ τοῖς κακοῖς καὶ ἐπήγαγε κύριος ἐφ’ ἡμᾶς ὅτι δίκαιος ὁ κύριος ἐπὶ πάντα τὰ ἔργα αὐτοῦ ἃ ἐνετείλατο ἡμῖν Bar 2:9
Therefore the Lord watched over us for evil and the Lord has brought it upon us; for the Lord is righteous in all his works which he has commanded us.
- - - 10 Bar 2:10 10 καὶ οὐκ ἠκούσαμεν τῆς φωνῆς αὐτοῦ πορεύεσθαι τοῖς προστάγμασιν κυρίου οἷς ἔδωκεν κατὰ πρόσωπον ἡμῶν Bar 2:10
Yet we have not hearkened to his voice to walk in the commandments of the Lord which he has set before us.
- - - 11 Bar 2:11 11 καὶ νῦν κύριε ὁ θεὸς Ισραηλ ὃς ἐξήγαγες τὸν λαόν σου ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου ἐν χειρὶ κραταιᾷ καὶ ἐν σημείοις καὶ ἐν τέρασιν καὶ ἐν δυνάμει μεγάλῃ καὶ ἐν βραχίονι ὑψηλῷ καὶ ἐποίησας σεαυτῷ ὄνομα ὡς ἡ ἡμέρα αὕτη Bar 2:11
¶“‘And now, O Lord God of Israel, who has brought your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand and high arm, and with signs and wonders and great power, and has become renown, as is clear on this day:
- - - 12 Bar 2:12 12 ἡμάρτομεν ἠσεβήσαμεν ἠδικήσαμεν κύριε ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν ἐπὶ πᾶσιν τοῖς δικαιώμασίν σου Bar 2:12
O Lord our God, we have sinned, we have been ungodly, we have acted unrighteously, in all your ordinances.
- - - 13 Bar 2:13 13 ἀποστραφήτω ὁ θυμός σου ἀφ’ ἡμῶν ὅτι κατελείφθημεν ὀλίγοι ἐν τοῖς ἔθνεσιν οὗ διέσπειρας ἡμᾶς ἐκεῖ Bar 2:13
Let your wrath turn from us, for we are but a few left among the heathen where you have scattered us.
- - - 14 Bar 2:14 14 εἰσάκουσον κύριε τῆς προσευχῆς ἡμῶν καὶ τῆς δεήσεως ἡμῶν καὶ ἐξελοῦ ἡμᾶς ἕνεκεν σοῦ καὶ δὸς ἡμῖν χάριν κατὰ πρόσωπον τῶν ἀποικισάντων ἡμᾶς Bar 2:14
Hear our prayers, O Lord, and our petitions, and deliver us for your own sake, and give us favor in the sight of those who have led us away,
- - - 15 Bar 2:15 15 ἵνα γνῷ πᾶσα ἡ γῆ ὅτι σὺ κύριος ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν ὅτι τὸ ὄνομά σου ἐπεκλήθη ἐπὶ Ισραηλ καὶ ἐπὶ τὸ γένος αὐτοῦ Bar 2:15
so that all the earth may know that you are the Lord our God, because Israel and his posterity is called by your name.
- - - 16 Bar 2:16 16 κύριε κάτιδε ἐκ τοῦ οἴκου τοῦ ἁγίου σου καὶ ἐννόησον εἰς ἡμᾶς κλῖνον κύριε τὸ οὖς σου καὶ ἄκουσον Bar 2:16
O Lord, look down from your holy house and consider us; bow down your ear, O Lord, to hear us.
- - - 17 Bar 2:17 17 ἄνοιξον κύριε τοὺς ὀφθαλμούς σου καὶ ἰδέ ὅτι οὐχ οἱ τεθνηκότες ἐν τῷ ᾅδῃ ὧν ἐλήμφθη τὸ πνεῦμα αὐτῶν ἀπὸ τῶν σπλάγχνων αὐτῶν δώσουσιν δόξαν καὶ δικαίωμα τῷ κυρίῳ Bar 2:17
Open your eyes and behold, for the dead who are in the graves, whose souls are taken from their bodies, will give to the Lord neither praise nor righteousness;
- - - 18 Bar 2:18 18 ἀλλὰ ἡ ψυχὴ ἡ λυπουμένη ἐπὶ τὸ μέγεθος ὃ βαδίζει κύπτον καὶ ἀσθενοῦν καὶ οἱ ὀφθαλμοὶ οἱ ἐκλείποντες καὶ ἡ ψυχὴ ἡ πεινῶσα δώσουσίν σοι δόξαν καὶ δικαιοσύνην κύριε Bar 2:18
but the soul which is greatly vexed, which goes stooping and feeble, and the eyes which fail, and the hungry soul, will give you praise and righteousness, O Lord.
- - - 19 Bar 2:19 19 ὅτι οὐκ ἐπὶ τὰ δικαιώματα τῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν καὶ τῶν βασιλέων ἡμῶν ἡμεῖς καταβάλλομεν τὸν ἔλεον ἡμῶν κατὰ πρόσωπόν σου κύριε ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν Bar 2:19
Therefore we do not make our humble supplication before you, O Lord our God, for the righteousness of our fathers and our kings.
- - - 20 Bar 2:20 20 ὅτι ἐνῆκας τὸν θυμόν σου καὶ τὴν ὀργήν σου εἰς ἡμᾶς καθάπερ ἐλάλησας ἐν χειρὶ τῶν παίδων σου τῶν προφητῶν λέγων Bar 2:20
¶“‘For you have sent out your wrath and indignation upon us, as you have spoken by your servants the prophets, saying,
- - - 21 Bar 2:21 21 οὕτως εἶπεν κύριος κλίνατε τὸν ὦμον ὑμῶν καὶ ἐργάσασθε τῷ βασιλεῖ Βαβυλῶνος καὶ καθίσατε ἐπὶ τὴν γῆν ἣν ἔδωκα τοῖς πατράσιν ὑμῶν Bar 2:21
“Thus says the Lord, ‘Bow down your shoulders to serve the king of Babylon; so shall you remain in the land which I gave to your fathers.
- - - 22 Bar 2:22 22 καὶ ἐὰν μὴ ἀκούσητε τῆς φωνῆς κυρίου ἐργάσασθαι τῷ βασιλεῖ Βαβυλῶνος Bar 2:22
But if you will not hear the voice of the Lord, to serve the king of Babylon,
- - - 23 Bar 2:23 23 ἐκλείψειν ποιήσω ἐκ πόλεων Ιουδα καὶ ἔξωθεν Ιερουσαλημ φωνὴν εὐφροσύνης καὶ φωνὴν χαρμοσύνης φωνὴν νυμφίου καὶ φωνὴν νύμφης καὶ ἔσται πᾶσα ἡ γῆ εἰς ἄβατον ἀπὸ ἐνοικούντων Bar 2:23
I will cause to cease, out of the cites of Judah and from without Jerusalem, the voice of mirth and the voice of joy, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, and the whole land shall be desolate of inhabitants.’”
- - - 24 Bar 2:24 24 καὶ οὐκ ἠκούσαμεν τῆς φωνῆς σου ἐργάσασθαι τῷ βασιλεῖ Βαβυλῶνος καὶ ἔστησας τοὺς λόγους σου οὓς ἐλάλησας ἐν χερσὶν τῶν παίδων σου τῶν προφητῶν τοῦ ἐξενεχθῆναι τὰ ὀστᾶ βασιλέων ἡμῶν καὶ τὰ ὀστᾶ τῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν ἐκ τοῦ τόπου αὐτῶν Bar 2:24
But we would not heed your voice to serve the king of Babylon; therefore you have made good the words that you spoke by your servants the prophets, namely, that the bones of our kings and the bones of our fathers should be taken out of their place.
- - - 25 Bar 2:25 25 καὶ ἰδού ἐστιν ἐξερριμμένα τῷ καύματι τῆς ἡμέρας καὶ τῷ παγετῷ τῆς νυκτός καὶ ἀπεθάνοσαν ἐν πόνοις πονηροῖς ἐν λιμῷ καὶ ἐν ῥομφαίᾳ καὶ ἐν ἀποστολῇ Bar 2:25
And, lo, they are cast out to the heat of the day and to the frost of the night, and they died in great miseries by famine, by sword, and by pestilence,
- - - 26 Bar 2:26 26 καὶ ἔθηκας τὸν οἶκον οὗ ἐπεκλήθη τὸ ὄνομά σου ἐπ’ αὐτῷ ὡς ἡ ἡμέρα αὕτη διὰ πονηρίαν οἴκου Ισραηλ καὶ οἴκου Ιουδα Bar 2:26
and the house which is called by your name you have laid waste, as is clear on this day, because of the wickedness of the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
- - - 27 Bar 2:27 27 καὶ ἐποίησας εἰς ἡμᾶς κύριε ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν κατὰ πᾶσαν ἐπιείκειάν σου καὶ κατὰ πάντα οἰκτιρμόν σου τὸν μέγαν Bar 2:27
O Lord our God, you have dealt with us according to all your goodness and all your great mercy,
- - - 28 Bar 2:28 28 καθὰ ἐλάλησας ἐν χειρὶ παιδός σου Μωυσῆ ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ἐντειλαμένου σου αὐτῷ γράψαι τὸν νόμον σου ἐναντίον υἱῶν Ισραηλ λέγων Bar 2:28
just as you spoke by your servant Moses in the day when you commanded him to write the law before the children of Israel, saying,
- - - 29 Bar 2:29 29 ἐὰν μὴ ἀκούσητε τῆς φωνῆς μου ἦ μὴν ἡ βόμβησις ἡ μεγάλη ἡ πολλὴ αὕτη ἀποστρέψει εἰς μικρὰν ἐν τοῖς ἔθνεσιν οὗ διασπερῶ αὐτοὺς ἐκεῖ Bar 2:29
“If you will not hear my voice, surely this very great multitude shall be turned into a small number among the nations where I will scatter them.
- - - 30 Bar 2:30 30 ὅτι ἔγνων ὅτι οὐ μὴ ἀκούσωσίν μου ὅτι λαὸς σκληροτράχηλός ἐστιν καὶ ἐπιστρέψουσιν ἐπὶ καρδίαν αὐτῶν ἐν γῇ ἀποικισμοῦ αὐτῶν Bar 2:30
For I knew that they would not hear me, because they are a stiff-necked people, but, in the land of their captivity, they shall remember themselves,
- - - 31 Bar 2:31 31 καὶ γνώσονται ὅτι ἐγὼ κύριος ὁ θεὸς αὐτῶν καὶ δώσω αὐτοῖς καρδίαν καὶ ὦτα ἀκούοντα Bar 2:31
and shall know that I am the Lord their God, for I will give them a heart, and ears to hear,
- - - 32 Bar 2:32 32 καὶ αἰνέσουσίν με ἐν γῇ ἀποικισμοῦ αὐτῶν καὶ μνησθήσονται τοῦ ὀνόματός μου Bar 2:32
and they shall praise me in the land of their captivity and think upon my name,
- - - 33 Bar 2:33 33 καὶ ἀποστρέψουσιν ἀπὸ τοῦ νώτου αὐτῶν τοῦ σκληροῦ καὶ ἀπὸ πονηρῶν πραγμάτων αὐτῶν ὅτι μνησθήσονται τῆς ὁδοῦ πατέρων αὐτῶν τῶν ἁμαρτόντων ἔναντι κυρίου Bar 2:33
and repent from their stiff neck and from their wicked deeds; for they shall remember the way of their fathers, who sinned before the Lord.
- - - 34 Bar 2:34 34 καὶ ἀποστρέψω αὐτοὺς εἰς τὴν γῆν ἣν ὤμοσα τοῖς πατράσιν αὐτῶν τῷ Αβρααμ καὶ τῷ Ισαακ καὶ τῷ Ιακωβ καὶ κυριεύσουσιν αὐτῆς καὶ πληθυνῶ αὐτούς καὶ οὐ μὴ σμικρυνθῶσιν Bar 2:34
And I will bring them again into the land which I promised with an oath to their fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and they shall be lords of it; and I will increase them and they shall not be diminished.
- - - 35 Bar 2:35 35 καὶ στήσω αὐτοῖς διαθήκην αἰώνιον τοῦ εἶναί με αὐτοῖς εἰς θεὸν καὶ αὐτοὶ ἔσονταί μοι εἰς λαόν καὶ οὐ κινήσω ἔτι τὸν λαόν μου Ισραηλ ἀπὸ τῆς γῆς ἧς ἔδωκα αὐτοῖς Bar 2:35
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them to be their God and they shall be my people; and I will no longer drive my people of Israel out of the land which I have given them.”’”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard