CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Jdt 6:1 1 καὶ ὡς κατέπαυσεν ὁ θόρυβος τῶν ἀνδρῶν τῶν κύκλῳ τῆς συνεδρίας καὶ εἶπεν Ολοφέρνης ἀρχιστράτηγος δυνάμεως Ασσουρ πρὸς Αχιωρ ἐναντίον παντὸς τοῦ δήμου ἀλλοφύλων καὶ πρὸς πάντας υἱοὺς Μωαβ Jdt 6:1
¶And when the tumult of men who were around the council were quiet, Holofernes, the chief captain of the army of Assur, said to Achior and all the Moabites in front of all the company of the other nations:
- - - 2 Jdt 6:2 2 καὶ τίς εἶ σύ Αχιωρ καὶ οἱ μισθωτοὶ τοῦ Εφραιμ ὅτι ἐπροφήτευσας ἐν ἡμῖν καθὼς σήμερον καὶ εἶπας τὸ γένος Ισραηλ μὴ πολεμῆσαι ὅτι ὁ θεὸς αὐτῶν ὑπερασπιεῖ αὐτῶν καὶ τίς θεὸς εἰ μὴ Ναβουχοδονοσορ οὗτος ἀποστελεῖ τὸ κράτος αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐξολεθρεύσει αὐτοὺς ἀπὸ προσώπου τῆς γῆς καὶ οὐ ῥύσεται αὐτοὺς ὁ θεὸς αὐτῶν Jdt 6:2
“And who are you, Achior and the hired hands of Ephraim, that you would prophesy against us as today and would say that we should not make war with the people of Israel because their God will defend them? And who is God but Nebuchadnezzar?
- - - 3 Jdt 6:3 3 ἀλλ’ ἡμεῖς οἱ δοῦλοι αὐτοῦ πατάξομεν αὐτοὺς ὡς ἄνθρωπον ἕνα καὶ οὐχ ὑποστήσονται τὸ κράτος τῶν ἵππων ἡμῶν Jdt 6:3
He will send his power and will destroy them from the face of the earth and their God will not deliver them; but we, his servants, will destroy them as if they were one man; for they are not able to withstand the power of our horses.
- - - 4 Jdt 6:4 4 κατακαύσομεν γὰρ αὐτοὺς ἐν αὐτοῖς καὶ τὰ ὄρη αὐτῶν μεθυσθήσεται ἐν τῷ αἵματι αὐτῶν καὶ τὰ πεδία αὐτῶν πληρωθήσεται τῶν νεκρῶν αὐτῶν καὶ οὐκ ἀντιστήσεται τὸ ἴχνος τῶν ποδῶν αὐτῶν κατὰ πρόσωπον ἡμῶν ἀλλὰ ἀπωλείᾳ ἀπολοῦνται λέγει ὁ βασιλεὺς Ναβουχοδονοσορ ὁ κύριος πάσης τῆς γῆς εἶπεν γάρ οὐ ματαιωθήσεται τὰ ῥήματα τῶν λόγων αὐτοῦ Jdt 6:4
For with them, we will tread them under foot, and their mountains will be drunken with their blood and their fields will be filled with their dead bodies and their footsteps will not be able to stand before us, for they will utterly perish, as king Nebuchadnezzar, lord of all the earth, has said. And he said, ‘None of my words will be in vain.’
- - - 5 Jdt 6:5 5 σὺ δέ Αχιωρ μισθωτὲ τοῦ Αμμων ὃς ἐλάλησας τοὺς λόγους τούτους ἐν ἡμέρᾳ ἀδικίας σου οὐκ ὄψει ἔτι τὸ πρόσωπόν μου ἀπὸ τῆς ἡμέρας ταύτης ἕως οὗ ἐκδικήσω τὸ γένος τῶν ἐξ Αἰγύπτου Jdt 6:5
¶“And you, Achior, a hired hand of Ammon, who has spoken these words on the day of your iniquity, will see my face no more from this day forward, until I take vengeance on this nation which came out of Egypt.
- - - 6 Jdt 6:6 6 καὶ τότε διελεύσεται ὁ σίδηρος τῆς στρατιᾶς μου καὶ ὁ λαὸς τῶν θεραπόντων μου τὰς πλευράς σου καὶ πεσῇ ἐν τοῖς τραυματίαις αὐτῶν ὅταν ἐπιστρέψω Jdt 6:6
And then the sword of my army and the multitude of those who serve me will pass through your sides, and you will fall among their slain, when I return.
- - - 7 Jdt 6:7 7 καὶ ἀποκαταστήσουσίν σε οἱ δοῦλοί μου εἰς τὴν ὀρεινὴν καὶ θήσουσίν σε ἐν μιᾷ τῶν πόλεων τῶν ἀναβάσεων Jdt 6:7
Now therefore, my servants will bring you back into the hill country and will set you in one of the cities of the passages;
- - - 8 Jdt 6:8 8 καὶ οὐκ ἀπολῇ ἕως οὗ ἐξολεθρευθῇς μετ’ αὐτῶν Jdt 6:8
and you will not perish, until you are destroyed with them.
- - - 9 Jdt 6:9 9 καὶ εἴπερ ἐλπίζεις τῇ καρδίᾳ σου ὅτι οὐ συλλημφθήσονται μὴ συμπεσέτω σου τὸ πρόσωπον ἐλάλησα καὶ οὐδὲν διαπεσεῖται τῶν ῥημάτων μου Jdt 6:9
And if you persuade yourself in your mind that they will be taken, do not let your countenance fall; I have spoken it and none of my words will be in vain.”
- - - 10 Jdt 6:10 10 καὶ προσέταξεν Ολοφέρνης τοῖς δούλοις αὐτοῦ οἳ ἦσαν παρεστηκότες ἐν τῇ σκηνῇ αὐτοῦ συλλαβεῖν τὸν Αχιωρ καὶ ἀποκαταστῆσαι αὐτὸν εἰς Βαιτυλουα καὶ παραδοῦναι εἰς χεῖρας υἱῶν Ισραηλ Jdt 6:10
¶Then Holofernes commanded his servants, who served in his tent, to take Achior and bring him to Bethulia and deliver him into the hands of the children of Israel.
- - - 11 Jdt 6:11 11 καὶ συνέλαβον αὐτὸν οἱ δοῦλοι αὐτοῦ καὶ ἤγαγον αὐτὸν ἔξω τῆς παρεμβολῆς εἰς τὸ πεδίον καὶ ἀπῆραν ἐκ μέσου τῆς πεδινῆς εἰς τὴν ὀρεινὴν καὶ παρεγένοντο ἐπὶ τὰς πηγάς αἳ ἦσαν ὑποκάτω Βαιτυλουα Jdt 6:11
So his servants took him and brought him out of the camp into the plain, and they went from the midst of the plain into the hill country, and they came to the fountains which were under Bethulia.
- - - 12 Jdt 6:12 12 καὶ ὡς εἶδαν αὐτοὺς οἱ ἄνδρες τῆς πόλεως ἐπὶ τὴν κορυφὴν τοῦ ὄρους ἀνέλαβον τὰ ὅπλα αὐτῶν καὶ ἀπῆλθον ἔξω τῆς πόλεως ἐπὶ τὴν κορυφὴν τοῦ ὄρους καὶ πᾶς ἀνὴρ σφενδονήτης διεκράτησαν τὴν ἀνάβασιν αὐτῶν καὶ ἔβαλλον ἐν λίθοις ἐπ’ αὐτούς Jdt 6:12
And when the men of the city saw them, they took up their weapons and went out of the city to the top of the hill, and every man who was armed with a sling kept them from coming up by casting stones against them.
- - - 13 Jdt 6:13 13 καὶ ὑποδύσαντες ὑποκάτω τοῦ ὄρους ἔδησαν τὸν Αχιωρ καὶ ἀφῆκαν ἐρριμμένον ὑπὸ τὴν ῥίζαν τοῦ ὄρους καὶ ἀπῴχοντο πρὸς τὸν κύριον αὐτῶν Jdt 6:13
Nevertheless, having gotten secretly under the hill, they bound Achior and threw him down, and they left him at the foot of the hill and returned to their lord.
- - - 14 Jdt 6:14 14 καταβάντες δὲ οἱ υἱοὶ Ισραηλ ἐκ τῆς πόλεως αὐτῶν ἐπέστησαν αὐτῷ καὶ λύσαντες αὐτὸν ἀπήγαγον εἰς τὴν Βαιτυλουα καὶ κατέστησαν αὐτὸν ἐπὶ τοὺς ἄρχοντας τῆς πόλεως αὐτῶν Jdt 6:14
¶But the Israelites descended from their city and came to him, and they freed him and brought him to Bethulia, and presented him to the governors of the city,
- - - 15 Jdt 6:15 15 οἳ ἦσαν ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις ἐκείναις Οζιας ὁ τοῦ Μιχα ἐκ τῆς φυλῆς Συμεων καὶ Χαβρις ὁ τοῦ Γοθονιηλ καὶ Χαρμις υἱὸς Μελχιηλ Jdt 6:15
who were in those days Uzziah the son of Micah of the tribe of Simeon, and Chabris the son of Gothoniel, and Charmis the son of Melchiel.
- - - 16 Jdt 6:16 16 καὶ συνεκάλεσαν πάντας τοὺς πρεσβυτέρους τῆς πόλεως καὶ συνέδραμον πᾶς νεανίσκος αὐτῶν καὶ αἱ γυναῖκες εἰς τὴν ἐκκλησίαν καὶ ἔστησαν τὸν Αχιωρ ἐν μέσῳ παντὸς τοῦ λαοῦ αὐτῶν καὶ ἐπηρώτησεν αὐτὸν Οζιας τὸ συμβεβηκός Jdt 6:16
And they called together all the elders of the city, and all their youth ran together, and their women, to the assembly, and they set Achior in the midst of all their people. Then Uzziah asked him what had happened.
- - - 17 Jdt 6:17 17 καὶ ἀποκριθεὶς ἀπήγγειλεν αὐτοῖς τὰ ῥήματα τῆς συνεδρίας Ολοφέρνου καὶ πάντα τὰ ῥήματα ὅσα ἐλάλησεν ἐν μέσῳ τῶν ἀρχόντων υἱῶν Ασσουρ καὶ ὅσα ἐμεγαλορρημόνησεν Ολοφέρνης εἰς τὸν οἶκον Ισραηλ Jdt 6:17
And he answered and declared to them the words of the council of Holofernes, and all the words which he had spoken in the midst of the princes of Assur, and whatsoever Holofernes had spoken proudly against the house of Israel.
- - - 18 Jdt 6:18 18 καὶ πεσόντες ὁ λαὸς προσεκύνησαν τῷ θεῷ καὶ ἐβόησαν λέγοντες Jdt 6:18
Then the people fell down and worshipped God, and cried to God saying,
- - - 19 Jdt 6:19 19 κύριε ὁ θεὸς τοῦ οὐρανοῦ κάτιδε ἐπὶ τὰς ὑπερηφανίας αὐτῶν καὶ ἐλέησον τὴν ταπείνωσιν τοῦ γένους ἡμῶν καὶ ἐπίβλεψον ἐπὶ τὸ πρόσωπον τῶν ἡγιασμένων σοι ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ταύτῃ Jdt 6:19
“O Lord God of heaven, behold their pride and pity the low estate of our nation and look upon the face of those who are sanctified for you this day.”
- - - 20 Jdt 6:20 20 καὶ παρεκάλεσαν τὸν Αχιωρ καὶ ἐπῄνεσαν αὐτὸν σφόδρα Jdt 6:20
Then they comforted Achior and praised him greatly.
- - - 21 Jdt 6:21 21 καὶ παρέλαβεν αὐτὸν Οζιας ἐκ τῆς ἐκκλησίας εἰς οἶκον αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐποίησεν πότον τοῖς πρεσβυτέροις καὶ ἐπεκαλέσαντο τὸν θεὸν Ισραηλ εἰς βοήθειαν ὅλην τὴν νύκτα ἐκείνην Jdt 6:21
And Uzziah took him out of the assembly to his house and made a feast for the elders. And they called on the God of Israel all that night for help.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard