Σοφία Σιρὰχ Wisdom of Sirach
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Sir 24:1 1 ἡ σοφία αἰνέσει ψυχὴν αὐτῆς καὶ ἐν μέσῳ λαοῦ αὐτῆς καυχήσεται Sir 24:1
Wisdom will praise her own soul, and will proclaim her glory in the midst of her people.
- - - 2 Sir 24:2 2 ἐν ἐκκλησίᾳ ὑψίστου στόμα αὐτῆς ἀνοίξει καὶ ἔναντι δυνάμεως αὐτοῦ καυχήσεται Sir 24:2
She will open her mouth in the congregation of the Most High, and proclaim her glory in the presence of his power.
- - - 3 Sir 24:3 3 ἐγὼ ἀπὸ στόματος ὑψίστου ἐξῆλθον καὶ ὡς ὁμίχλη κατεκάλυψα γῆν Sir 24:3
“I came out of the mouth of the Most High, and covered the earth as a mist.
- - - 4 Sir 24:4 4 ἐγὼ ἐν ὑψηλοῖς κατεσκήνωσα καὶ ὁ θρόνος μου ἐν στύλῳ νεφέλης Sir 24:4
I lived in high places, and my throne is in the pillar of the cloud.
- - - 5 Sir 24:5 5 γῦρον οὐρανοῦ ἐκύκλωσα μόνη καὶ ἐν βάθει ἀβύσσων περιεπάτησα Sir 24:5
Alone I surrounded the circuit of heaven, and walked in the depth of the abyss.
- - - 6 Sir 24:6 6 ἐν κύμασιν θαλάσσης καὶ ἐν πάσῃ τῇ γῇ καὶ ἐν παντὶ λαῷ καὶ ἔθνει ἐκτησάμην Sir 24:6
In the waves of the sea, and in all the earth, and in every people and nation, I obtained a possession.
- - - 7 Sir 24:7 7 μετὰ τούτων πάντων ἀνάπαυσιν ἐζήτησα καὶ ἐν κληρονομίᾳ τίνος αὐλισθήσομαι Sir 24:7
With all these I sought rest. In whose inheritance shall I lodge?
- - - 8 Sir 24:8 8 τότε ἐνετείλατό μοι ὁ κτίστης ἁπάντων καὶ ὁ κτίσας με κατέπαυσεν τὴν σκηνήν μου καὶ εἶπεν ἐν Ιακωβ κατασκήνωσον καὶ ἐν Ισραηλ κατακληρονομήθητι Sir 24:8
Then the Creator of all things gave me a command. He who created me made my tent to rest, and said, ‘Let your dwelling be in Jacob, and your inheritance in Israel.’
- - - 9 Sir 24:9 9 πρὸ τοῦ αἰῶνος ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς ἔκτισέν με καὶ ἕως αἰῶνος οὐ μὴ ἐκλίπω Sir 24:9
He created me from the beginning, before the ages. For all ages, I will not cease to exist.
- - - 10 Sir 24:10 10 ἐν σκηνῇ ἁγίᾳ ἐνώπιον αὐτοῦ ἐλειτούργησα καὶ οὕτως ἐν Σιων ἐστηρίχθην Sir 24:10
In the holy tabernacle, I ministered before him. So I was established in Zion.
- - - 11 Sir 24:11 11 ἐν πόλει ἠγαπημένῃ ὁμοίως με κατέπαυσεν καὶ ἐν Ιερουσαλημ ἡ ἐξουσία μου Sir 24:11
In the beloved city, likewise he gave me rest. In Jerusalem was my domain.
- - - 12 Sir 24:12 12 καὶ ἐρρίζωσα ἐν λαῷ δεδοξασμένῳ ἐν μερίδι κυρίου κληρονομίας αὐτοῦ Sir 24:12
I took root in a people that was honored, even in the portion of the Lord’s own inheritance.
- - - 13 Sir 24:13 13 ὡς κέδρος ἀνυψώθην ἐν τῷ Λιβάνῳ καὶ ὡς κυπάρισσος ἐν ὄρεσιν Αερμων Sir 24:13
I was exalted like a cedar in Lebanon, And like a cypress tree on the mountains of Hermon.
- - - 14 Sir 24:14 14 ὡς φοῖνιξ ἀνυψώθην ἐν Αιγγαδοις καὶ ὡς φυτὰ ῥόδου ἐν Ιεριχω ὡς ἐλαία εὐπρεπὴς ἐν πεδίῳ καὶ ἀνυψώθην ὡς πλάτανος Sir 24:14
I was exalted like a palm tree on the sea shore, like rose bushes in Jericho, and like a fair olive tree in the plain. I was exalted like a plane tree.
- - - 15 Sir 24:15 15 ὡς κιννάμωμον καὶ ἀσπάλαθος ἀρωμάτων δέδωκα ὀσμὴν καὶ ὡς σμύρνα ἐκλεκτὴ διέδωκα εὐωδίαν ὡς χαλβάνη καὶ ὄνυξ καὶ στακτὴ καὶ ὡς λιβάνου ἀτμὶς ἐν σκηνῇ Sir 24:15
Like cinnamon and aspalathus, I have given a scent to perfumes. Like choice myrrh, I spread abroad a pleasant fragrance, like
galbanum, onycha, stacte, and as the smell of frankincense in the tabernacle.
- - - 16 Sir 24:16 16 ἐγὼ ὡς τερέμινθος ἐξέτεινα κλάδους μου καὶ οἱ κλάδοι μου κλάδοι δόξης καὶ χάριτος Sir 24:16
Like the terebinth, I stretched out my branches. My branches are glorious and graceful.
- - - 17 Sir 24:17 17 ἐγὼ ὡς ἄμπελος ἐβλάστησα χάριν καὶ τὰ ἄνθη μου καρπὸς δόξης καὶ πλούτου Sir 24:17
Like the vine, I put forth grace. My flowers are the fruit of glory and riches.
- - - 18 Sir 24:18 18 Sir 24:18 - - - 19 Sir 24:19 19 προσέλθετε πρός με οἱ ἐπιθυμοῦντές μου καὶ ἀπὸ τῶν γενημάτων μου ἐμπλήσθητε Sir 24:19
“Come to me, all you who desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
- - - 20 Sir 24:20 20 τὸ γὰρ μνημόσυνόν μου ὑπὲρ τὸ μέλι γλυκύ καὶ ἡ κληρονομία μου ὑπὲρ μέλιτος κηρίον Sir 24:20
For my memory is sweeter than honey, and my inheritance than the honeycomb.
- - - 21 Sir 24:21 21 οἱ ἐσθίοντές με ἔτι πεινάσουσιν καὶ οἱ πίνοντές με ἔτι διψήσουσιν Sir 24:21
Those who eat me will be hungry for more. Those who drink me will be thirsty for more.
- - - 22 Sir 24:22 22 ὁ ὑπακούων μου οὐκ αἰσχυνθήσεται καὶ οἱ ἐργαζόμενοι ἐν ἐμοὶ οὐχ ἁμαρτήσουσιν Sir 24:22
He who obeys me will not be ashamed. Those who work with me will not sin.”
- - - 23 Sir 24:23 23 ταῦτα πάντα βίβλος διαθήκης θεοῦ ὑψίστου νόμον ὃν ἐνετείλατο ἡμῖν Μωυσῆς κληρονομίαν συναγωγαῖς Ιακωβ Sir 24:23
All these things are the book of the covenant of the Most High God, the law which Moses commanded us for an inheritance for the assemblies of Jacob.
- - - 24 Sir 24:24 24 Sir 24:24 - - - 25 Sir 24:25 25 ὁ πιμπλῶν ὡς Φισων σοφίαν καὶ ὡς Τίγρις ἐν ἡμέραις νέων Sir 24:25
It is he who makes wisdom abundant, as Pishon, and as Tigris in the days of first fruits.
- - - 26 Sir 24:26 26 ὁ ἀναπληρῶν ὡς Εὐφράτης σύνεσιν καὶ ὡς Ιορδάνης ἐν ἡμέραις θερισμοῦ Sir 24:26
He makes understanding full as the Euphrates, and as the Jordan in the days of harvest,
- - - 27 Sir 24:27 27 ὁ ἐκφαίνων ὡς φῶς παιδείαν ὡς Γηων ἐν ἡμέραις τρυγήτου Sir 24:27
who makes instruction shine forth as the light, as Gihon in the days of vintage.
- - - 28 Sir 24:28 28 οὐ συνετέλεσεν ὁ πρῶτος γνῶναι αὐτήν καὶ οὕτως ὁ ἔσχατος οὐκ ἐξιχνίασεν αὐτήν Sir 24:28
The first man didn’t know her perfectly. In like manner, the last has not explored her.
- - - 29 Sir 24:29 29 ἀπὸ γὰρ θαλάσσης ἐπληθύνθη διανόημα αὐτῆς καὶ ἡ βουλὴ αὐτῆς ἀπὸ ἀβύσσου μεγάλης Sir 24:29
For her thoughts are filled from the sea, and her counsels from the great deep.
- - - 30 Sir 24:30 30 κἀγὼ ὡς διῶρυξ ἀπὸ ποταμοῦ καὶ ὡς ὑδραγωγὸς ἐξῆλθον εἰς παράδεισον Sir 24:30
I came out as a canal stream from a river, and as an irrigation ditch into a garden.
- - - 31 Sir 24:31 31 εἶπα ποτιῶ μου τὸν κῆπον καὶ μεθύσω μου τὴν πρασιάν καὶ ἰδοὺ ἐγένετό μοι ἡ διῶρυξ εἰς ποταμόν καὶ ὁ ποταμός μου ἐγένετο εἰς θάλασσαν Sir 24:31
I said, “I will water my garden, and will drench my garden bed.” Behold, my stream became a river, and my river became a sea.
- - - 32 Sir 24:32 32 ἔτι παιδείαν ὡς ὄρθρον φωτιῶ καὶ ἐκφανῶ αὐτὰ ἕως εἰς μακράν Sir 24:32
I will yet bring instruction to light as the morning, and will make these things clear from far away.
- - - 33 Sir 24:33 33 ἔτι διδασκαλίαν ὡς προφητείαν ἐκχεῶ καὶ καταλείψω αὐτὴν εἰς γενεὰς αἰώνων Sir 24:33
I will continue to pour out teaching like prophecy, and leave it to all generations.
- - - 34 Sir 24:34 34 ἴδετε ὅτι οὐκ ἐμοὶ μόνῳ ἐκοπίασα ἀλλ’ ἅπασιν τοῖς ἐκζητοῦσιν αὐτήν Sir 24:34
See that I have not labored for myself only, but for all those who diligently seek wisdom.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard