Σοφία Σιρὰχ Wisdom of Sirach
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Sir 45:1 1 καὶ ἐξήγαγεν ἐξ αὐτοῦ ἄνδρα ἐλέους εὑρίσκοντα χάριν ἐν ὀφθαλμοῖς πάσης σαρκὸς ἠγαπημένον ὑπὸ θεοῦ καὶ ἀνθρώπων Μωυσῆν οὗ τὸ μνημόσυνον ἐν εὐλογίαις Sir 45:1
He brought out of him a man of mercy, who found favor in the sight of all people, a man loved by God and men, even Moses, whose memory is blessed.
- - - 2 Sir 45:2 2 ὡμοίωσεν αὐτὸν δόξῃ ἁγίων καὶ ἐμεγάλυνεν αὐτὸν ἐν φόβοις ἐχθρῶν Sir 45:2
He made him equal to the glory of the saints, and magnified him in the fears of his enemies.
- - - 3 Sir 45:3 3 ἐν λόγοις αὐτοῦ σημεῖα κατέπαυσεν ἐδόξασεν αὐτὸν κατὰ πρόσωπον βασιλέων ἐνετείλατο αὐτῷ πρὸς λαὸν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔδειξεν αὐτῷ τῆς δόξης αὐτοῦ Sir 45:3
By his words he caused the wonders to cease. God glorified him in the sight of kings. He gave him commandments for his people and showed him part of his glory.
- - - 4 Sir 45:4 4 ἐν πίστει καὶ πραΰτητι αὐτὸν ἡγίασεν ἐξελέξατο αὐτὸν ἐκ πάσης σαρκός Sir 45:4
He sanctified him in his faithfulness and meekness. He chose him out of all people.
- - - 5 Sir 45:5 5 ἠκούτισεν αὐτὸν τῆς φωνῆς αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰσήγαγεν αὐτὸν εἰς τὸν γνόφον καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ κατὰ πρόσωπον ἐντολάς νόμον ζωῆς καὶ ἐπιστήμης διδάξαι τὸν Ιακωβ διαθήκην καὶ κρίματα αὐτοῦ τὸν Ισραηλ Sir 45:5
He made him to hear his voice, led him into the thick darkness, and gave him commandments face to face, even the law of life and knowledge, that he might teach Jacob the covenant, and Israel his judgments.
- - - 6 Sir 45:6 6 Ααρων ὕψωσεν ἅγιον ὅμοιον αὐτῷ ἀδελφὸν αὐτοῦ ἐκ φυλῆς Λευι Sir 45:6
He exalted Aaron, a holy man like Moses, even his brother, of the tribe of Levi.
- - - 7 Sir 45:7 7 ἔστησεν αὐτὸν διαθήκην αἰῶνος καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ ἱερατείαν λαοῦ ἐμακάρισεν αὐτὸν ἐν εὐκοσμίᾳ καὶ περιέζωσεν αὐτὸν περιστολὴν δόξης Sir 45:7
He established an everlasting covenant with him, and gave him the priesthood of the people. He blessed him with stateliness, and dressed him in a glorious robe.
- - - 8 Sir 45:8 8 ἐνέδυσεν αὐτὸν συντέλειαν καυχήματος καὶ ἐστερέωσεν αὐτὸν σκεύεσιν ἰσχύος περισκελῆ καὶ ποδήρη καὶ ἐπωμίδα Sir 45:8
He clothed him in perfect splendor, and strengthened him with symbols of authority: the linen trousers, the long robe, and the ephod.
- - - 9 Sir 45:9 9 καὶ ἐκύκλωσεν αὐτὸν ῥοΐσκοις χρυσοῖς κώδωσιν πλείστοις κυκλόθεν ἠχῆσαι φωνὴν ἐν βήμασιν αὐτοῦ ἀκουστὸν ποιῆσαι ἦχον ἐν ναῷ εἰς μνημόσυνον υἱοῖς λαοῦ αὐτοῦ Sir 45:9
He encircled him with pomegranates; with many golden bells around him, to make a sound as he went, to make a sound that might be heard in the temple, for a reminder for the children of his people;
- - - 10 Sir 45:10 10 στολῇ ἁγίᾳ χρυσῷ καὶ ὑακίνθῳ καὶ πορφύρᾳ ἔργῳ ποικιλτοῦ λογείῳ κρίσεως δήλοις ἀληθείας κεκλωσμένῃ κόκκῳ ἔργῳ τεχνίτου Sir 45:10
with a holy garment, with gold, blue, and purple, the work of the embroiderer; with an oracle of judgment—Urim and Thummim;
- - - 11 Sir 45:11 11 λίθοις πολυτελέσιν γλύμματος σφραγῖδος ἐν δέσει χρυσίου ἔργῳ λιθουργοῦ εἰς μνημόσυνον ἐν γραφῇ κεκολαμμένῃ κατ’ ἀριθμὸν φυλῶν Ισραηλ Sir 45:11
with twisted scarlet, the work of the craftsman; with precious stones engraved like a signet, in a setting of gold, the work of the jeweller, for a reminder engraved in writing, after the number of the tribes of Israel;
- - - 12 Sir 45:12 12 στέφανον χρυσοῦν ἐπάνω κιδάρεως ἐκτύπωμα σφραγῖδος ἁγιάσματος καύχημα τιμῆς ἔργον ἰσχύος ἐπιθυμήματα ὀφθαλμῶν κοσμούμενα Sir 45:12
with a crown of gold upon the mitre, having engraved on it, as on a signet, “HOLINESS”, an ornament of honor, the work of an expert, the desires of the eyes, goodly and beautiful.
- - - 13 Sir 45:13 13 ὡραῖα πρὸ αὐτοῦ οὐ γέγονεν τοιαῦτα ἕως αἰῶνος οὐκ ἐνεδύσατο ἀλλογενὴς πλὴν τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ μόνον καὶ τὰ ἔκγονα αὐτοῦ διὰ παντός Sir 45:13
Before him there never have been anything like it. No stranger put them on, but only his sons and his offspring perpertually.
- - - 14 Sir 45:14 14 θυσίαι αὐτοῦ ὁλοκαρπωθήσονται καθ’ ἡμέραν ἐνδελεχῶς δίς Sir 45:14
His sacrifices shall be wholly burned, twice every day continually.
- - - 15 Sir 45:15 15 ἐπλήρωσεν Μωυσῆς τὰς χεῖρας καὶ ἔχρισεν αὐτὸν ἐν ἐλαίῳ ἁγίῳ ἐγενήθη αὐτῷ εἰς διαθήκην αἰῶνος καὶ τῷ σπέρματι αὐτοῦ ἐν ἡμέραις οὐρανοῦ λειτουργεῖν αὐτῷ ἅμα καὶ ἱερατεύειν καὶ εὐλογεῖν τὸν λαὸν αὐτοῦ ἐν τῷ ὀνόματι Sir 45:15
Moses consecrated him, and anointed him with holy oil. It was an everlasting covenant with him and to his offspring, all the days of heaven, to minister to the Lord, to serve as a priest, and to bless his people in his name.
- - - 16 Sir 45:16 16 ἐξελέξατο αὐτὸν ἀπὸ παντὸς ζῶντος προσαγαγεῖν κάρπωσιν κυρίῳ θυμίαμα καὶ εὐωδίαν εἰς μνημόσυνον ἐξιλάσκεσθαι περὶ τοῦ λαοῦ σου Sir 45:16
He chose him out of all living to offer sacrifice to the Lord— incense, and a sweet fragrance, for a memorial, to make atonement for your people.
- - - 17 Sir 45:17 17 ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ ἐν ἐντολαῖς αὐτοῦ ἐξουσίαν ἐν διαθήκαις κριμάτων διδάξαι τὸν Ιακωβ τὰ μαρτύρια καὶ ἐν νόμῳ αὐτοῦ φωτίσαι Ισραηλ Sir 45:17
He gave to him in his commandments, authority in the covenants of judgments, to teach Jacob the testimonies, and to enlighten Israel in his law.
- - - 18 Sir 45:18 18 ἐπισυνέστησαν αὐτῷ ἀλλότριοι καὶ ἐζήλωσαν αὐτὸν ἐν τῇ ἐρήμῳ ἄνδρες οἱ περὶ Δαθαν καὶ Αβιρων καὶ ἡ συναγωγὴ Κορε ἐν θυμῷ καὶ ὀργῇ Sir 45:18
Strangers conspired against him and envied him in the wilderness: Dathan and Abiram with their company, and the congregation of Korah, with wrath and anger.
- - - 19 Sir 45:19 19 εἶδεν κύριος καὶ οὐκ εὐδόκησεν καὶ συνετελέσθησαν ἐν θυμῷ ὀργῆς ἐποίησεν αὐτοῖς τέρατα καταναλῶσαι ἐν πυρὶ φλογὸς αὐτοῦ Sir 45:19
The Lord saw it, and it displeased him. In the wrath of his anger, they were destroyed. He did wonders upon them, to consume them with flaming fire.
- - - 20 Sir 45:20 20 καὶ προσέθηκεν Ααρων δόξαν καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ κληρονομίαν ἀπαρχὰς πρωτογενημάτων ἐμέρισεν αὐτῷ ἄρτον πρώτοις ἡτοίμασεν πλησμονήν Sir 45:20
He added glory to Aaron, and gave him a heritage. He divided to him the first fruits of the increase, and prepared bread of first fruits in abundance.
- - - 21 Sir 45:21 21 καὶ γὰρ θυσίας κυρίου φάγονται ἃς ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ τε καὶ τῷ σπέρματι αὐτοῦ Sir 45:21
For they eat the sacrifices of the Lord, which he gave to him and to his offspring.
- - - 22 Sir 45:22 22 πλὴν ἐν γῇ λαοῦ οὐ κληρονομήσει καὶ μερὶς οὐκ ἔστιν αὐτῷ ἐν λαῷ αὐτὸς γὰρ μερίς σου καὶ κληρονομία Sir 45:22
However, in the land of the people, he has no inheritance, and he has no portion among the people, for the Lord himself is your portion and inheritance.
- - - 23 Sir 45:23 23 καὶ Φινεες υἱὸς Ελεαζαρ τρίτος εἰς δόξαν ἐν τῷ ζηλῶσαι αὐτὸν ἐν φόβῳ κυρίου καὶ στῆναι αὐτὸν ἐν τροπῇ λαοῦ ἐν ἀγαθότητι προθυμίας ψυχῆς αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐξιλάσατο περὶ τοῦ Ισραηλ Sir 45:23
Phinehas the son of Eleazar is the third in glory, in that he was zealous in the fear of the Lord, and stood fast when the people turned away, and he made atonement for Israel.
- - - 24 Sir 45:24 24 διὰ τοῦτο ἐστάθη αὐτῷ διαθήκη εἰρήνης προστατεῖν ἁγίων καὶ λαοῦ αὐτοῦ ἵνα αὐτῷ ᾖ καὶ τῷ σπέρματι αὐτοῦ ἱερωσύνης μεγαλεῖον εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας Sir 45:24
Therefore, a covenant of peace was established for him, that he should be leader of the sanctuary and of his people, that he and his offspring should have the dignity of the priesthood forever.
- - - 25 Sir 45:25 25 καὶ διαθήκη τῷ Δαυιδ υἱῷ Ιεσσαι ἐκ φυλῆς Ιουδα κληρονομία βασιλέως υἱοῦ ἐξ υἱοῦ μόνου κληρονομία Ααρων καὶ τῷ σπέρματι αὐτοῦ Sir 45:25
Also he made a covenant with David the son of Jesse, of the tribe of Judah. The inheritance of the king is his alone from son to son. So the inheritance of Aaron is also to his seed.
- - - 26 Sir 45:26 26 δῴη ὑμῖν σοφίαν ἐν καρδίᾳ ὑμῶν κρίνειν τὸν λαὸν αὐτοῦ ἐν δικαιοσύνῃ ἵνα μὴ ἀφανισθῇ τὰ ἀγαθὰ αὐτῶν καὶ τὴν δόξαν αὐτῶν εἰς γενεὰς αὐτῶν Sir 45:26
May God give you wisdom in your heart to judge his people in righteousness, that their good things may not be abolished, and that their glory may endure for all their generations.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard