Σοφία Σιρὰχ Wisdom of Sirach
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Sir 50:1 1 Σιμων Ονιου υἱὸς ἱερεὺς ὁ μέγας ὃς ἐν ζωῇ αὐτοῦ ὑπέρραψεν οἶκον καὶ ἐν ἡμέραις αὐτοῦ ἐστερέωσεν ναόν Sir 50:1
It was Simon, the son of Onias, the high priest, who in his life repaired the house, and in his days strengthened the temple.
- - - 2 Sir 50:2 2 καὶ ὑπ’ αὐτοῦ ἐθεμελιώθη ὕψος διπλῆς ἀνάλημμα ὑψηλὸν περιβόλου ἱεροῦ Sir 50:2
The foundation was built by him to the height of the double walls, the lofty retaining walls of the temple enclosure.
- - - 3 Sir 50:3 3 ἐν ἡμέραις αὐτοῦ ἐλατομήθη ἀποδοχεῖον ὑδάτων λάκκος ὡσεὶ θαλάσσης τὸ περίμετρον Sir 50:3
In his days, a water cistern was dug, the brazen vessel like the sea in circumference.
- - - 4 Sir 50:4 4 ὁ φροντίζων τοῦ λαοῦ αὐτοῦ ἀπὸ πτώσεως καὶ ἐνισχύσας πόλιν ἐν πολιορκήσει Sir 50:4
He planned to save his people from ruin, and fortified the city against siege.
- - - 5 Sir 50:5 5 ὡς ἐδοξάσθη ἐν περιστροφῇ λαοῦ ἐν ἐξόδῳ οἴκου καταπετάσματος Sir 50:5
How glorious he was when the people gathered around him as he came out of the house of the veil!
- - - 6 Sir 50:6 6 ὡς ἀστὴρ ἑωθινὸς ἐν μέσῳ νεφελῶν ὡς σελήνη πλήρης ἐν ἡμέραις Sir 50:6
He was like the morning star among clouds, like the full moon,
- - - 7 Sir 50:7 7 ὡς ἥλιος ἐκλάμπων ἐπὶ ναὸν ὑψίστου καὶ ὡς τόξον φωτίζον ἐν νεφέλαις δόξης Sir 50:7
like the sun shining on the temple of the Most High, like the rainbow shining in clouds of glory,
- - - 8 Sir 50:8 8 ὡς ἄνθος ῥόδων ἐν ἡμέραις νέων ὡς κρίνα ἐπ’ ἐξόδῳ ὕδατος ὡς βλαστὸς Λιβάνου ἐν ἡμέραις θέρους Sir 50:8
like roses in the days of first fruits, like lilies by a water spring, like the shoot of the frankincense tree in summer time,
- - - 9 Sir 50:9 9 ὡς πῦρ καὶ λίβανος ἐπὶ πυρείου ὡς σκεῦος χρυσίου ὁλοσφύρητον κεκοσμημένον παντὶ λίθῳ πολυτελεῖ Sir 50:9
like fire and incense in the censer, like a vessel of beaten gold adorned with all kinds of precious stones,
- - - 10 Sir 50:10 10 ὡς ἐλαία ἀναθάλλουσα καρποὺς καὶ ὡς κυπάρισσος ὑψουμένη ἐν νεφέλαις Sir 50:10
like an olive tree loaded with fruit, and like a cypress growing high among the clouds.
- - - 11 Sir 50:11 11 ἐν τῷ ἀναλαμβάνειν αὐτὸν στολὴν δόξης καὶ ἐνδιδύσκεσθαι αὐτὸν συντέλειαν καυχήματος ἐν ἀναβάσει θυσιαστηρίου ἁγίου ἐδόξασεν περιβολὴν ἁγιάσματος Sir 50:11
When he put on his glorious robe, and clothed himself in perfect splendor, ascending to the holy altar, he made the court of the sanctuary glorious.
- - - 12 Sir 50:12 12 ἐν δὲ τῷ δέχεσθαι μέλη ἐκ χειρῶν ἱερέων καὶ αὐτὸς ἑστὼς παρ’ ἐσχάρᾳ βωμοῦ κυκλόθεν αὐτοῦ στέφανος ἀδελφῶν ὡς βλάστημα κέδρων ἐν τῷ Λιβάνῳ καὶ ἐκύκλωσαν αὐτὸν ὡς στελέχη φοινίκων Sir 50:12
When he received the portions out of the priests’ hands, as he stood by the hearth of the altar, with his kindred like a garland around him, he was like a young cedar in Lebanon surrounded by the trunks of palm trees.
- - - 13 Sir 50:13 13 καὶ πάντες οἱ υἱοὶ Ααρων ἐν δόξῃ αὐτῶν καὶ προσφορὰ κυρίου ἐν χερσὶν αὐτῶν ἔναντι πάσης ἐκκλησίας Ισραηλ Sir 50:13
All the sons of Aaron in their glory, held the Lord’s offering in their hands before all the congregation of Israel.
- - - 14 Sir 50:14 14 καὶ συντέλειαν λειτουργῶν ἐπὶ βωμῶν κοσμῆσαι προσφορὰν ὑψίστου παντοκράτορος Sir 50:14
Finishing the service at the altars, that he might arrange the offering of the Most High, the Almighty,
- - - 15 Sir 50:15 15 ἐξέτεινεν ἐπὶ σπονδείου χεῖρα αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔσπεισεν ἐξ αἵματος σταφυλῆς ἐξέχεεν εἰς θεμέλια θυσιαστηρίου ὀσμὴν εὐωδίας ὑψίστῳ παμβασιλεῖ Sir 50:15
he stretched out his hand to the cup of libation, and poured out the cup of the grape. He poured it out at the foot of the altar, a sweet smelling fragrance to the Most High, the King of all.
- - - 16 Sir 50:16 16 τότε ἀνέκραγον οἱ υἱοὶ Ααρων ἐν σάλπιγξιν ἐλαταῖς ἤχησαν ἀκουστὴν ἐποίησαν φωνὴν μεγάλην εἰς μνημόσυνον ἔναντι ὑψίστου Sir 50:16
Then the sons of Aaron shouted. They sounded the trumpets of beaten work. They made a great fanfare to be heard, for a reminder before the Most High.
- - - 17 Sir 50:17 17 τότε πᾶς ὁ λαὸς κοινῇ κατέσπευσαν καὶ ἔπεσαν ἐπὶ πρόσωπον ἐπὶ τὴν γῆν προσκυνῆσαι τῷ κυρίῳ αὐτῶν παντοκράτορι θεῷ ὑψίστῳ Sir 50:17
Then all the people together hurried, and fell down to the ground on their faces to worship their Lord, the Almighty, God Most High.
- - - 18 Sir 50:18 18 καὶ ᾔνεσαν οἱ ψαλτῳδοὶ ἐν φωναῖς αὐτῶν ἐν πλείστῳ ἤχῳ ἐγλυκάνθη μέλος Sir 50:18
The singers also praised him with their voices. There was a sweet melody in the whole house.
- - - 19 Sir 50:19 19 καὶ ἐδεήθη ὁ λαὸς κυρίου ὑψίστου ἐν προσευχῇ κατέναντι ἐλεήμονος ἕως συντελεσθῇ κόσμος κυρίου καὶ τὴν λειτουργίαν αὐτοῦ ἐτελείωσαν Sir 50:19
And the people implored the Lord Most High, in prayer before him who is merciful, until the worship of the Lord was finished, and so they accomplished his service.
- - - 20 Sir 50:20 20 τότε καταβὰς ἐπῆρεν χεῖρας αὐτοῦ ἐπὶ πᾶσαν ἐκκλησίαν υἱῶν Ισραηλ δοῦναι εὐλογίαν κυρίου ἐκ χειλέων αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐν ὀνόματι αὐτοῦ καυχήσασθαι Sir 50:20
Then he went down, and lifted up his hands over the whole congregation of the children of Israel, to give blessing to the Lord with his lips, and to glory in his name.
- - - 21 Sir 50:21 21 καὶ ἐδευτέρωσαν ἐν προσκυνήσει ἐπιδέξασθαι τὴν εὐλογίαν παρὰ ὑψίστου Sir 50:21
He bowed himself down in worship the second time, to declare the blessing from the Most High.
- - - 22 Sir 50:22 22 καὶ νῦν εὐλογήσατε τὸν θεὸν πάντων τὸν μεγάλα ποιοῦντα πάντῃ τὸν ὑψοῦντα ἡμέρας ἡμῶν ἐκ μήτρας καὶ ποιοῦντα μεθ’ ἡμῶν κατὰ τὸ ἔλεος αὐτοῦ Sir 50:22
Now bless the God of all, who everywhere does great things, who exalts our days from the womb, and deals with us according to his mercy.
- - - 23 Sir 50:23 23 δῴη ἡμῖν εὐφροσύνην καρδίας καὶ γενέσθαι εἰρήνην ἐν ἡμέραις ἡμῶν ἐν Ισραηλ κατὰ τὰς ἡμέρας τοῦ αἰῶνος Sir 50:23
May he grant us joyfulness of heart, and that peace may be in our days in Israel for the days of eternity,
- - - 24 Sir 50:24 24 ἐμπιστεύσαι μεθ’ ἡμῶν τὸ ἔλεος αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις ἡμῶν λυτρωσάσθω ἡμᾶς Sir 50:24
to entrust his mercy with us, and let him deliver us in his time!
- - - 25 Sir 50:25 25 ἐν δυσὶν ἔθνεσιν προσώχθισεν ἡ ψυχή μου καὶ τὸ τρίτον οὐκ ἔστιν ἔθνος Sir 50:25
With two nations my soul is vexed, and the third is no nation:
- - - 26 Sir 50:26 26 οἱ καθήμενοι ἐν ὄρει Σαμαρείας καὶ Φυλιστιιμ καὶ ὁ λαὸς ὁ μωρὸς ὁ κατοικῶν ἐν Σικιμοις Sir 50:26
Those who sit on the mountain of
Samaria, the Philistines, and the foolish people who live in Shechem.
- - - 27 Sir 50:27 27 παιδείαν συνέσεως καὶ ἐπιστήμης ἐχάραξεν ἐν τῷ βιβλίῳ τούτῳ Ἰησοῦς υἱὸς Σιραχ Ελεαζαρ ὁ Ιεροσολυμίτης ὃς ἀνώμβρησεν σοφίαν ἀπὸ καρδίας αὐτοῦ Sir 50:27
I have written in this book the instruction of understanding and knowledge, I Jesus, the son of Sirach Eleazar, of Jerusalem, who out of his heart poured forth wisdom.
- - - 28 Sir 50:28 28 μακάριος ὃς ἐν τούτοις ἀναστραφήσεται καὶ θεὶς αὐτὰ ἐπὶ καρδίαν αὐτοῦ σοφισθήσεται Sir 50:28
Blessed is he who will exercise these things. He who lays them up in his heart will become wise.
- - - 29 Sir 50:29 29 ἐὰν γὰρ αὐτὰ ποιήσῃ πρὸς πάντα ἰσχύσει ὅτι φῶς κυρίου τὸ ἴχνος αὐτοῦ Sir 50:29
For if he does them, he will be strong in all things, for the light of the Lord is his guide.
* - - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard