Σουσάννα Th Susanna Th (Theodotion)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 GrDn 13:1 1 καὶ ἦν ἀνὴρ οἰκῶν ἐν Βαβυλῶνι καὶ ὄνομα αὐτῷ Ιωακιμ GrDn 13:1
¶There dwelt a man in Babylon, called Joakim.
- - - 2 GrDn 13:2 2 καὶ ἔλαβεν γυναῖκα ᾗ ὄνομα Σουσαννα θυγάτηρ Χελκιου καλὴ σφόδρα καὶ φοβουμένη τὸν κύριον GrDn 13:2
And he took a wife, whose name was Susanna, the daughter of Hilkiah, a very fair woman and one who feared the Lord.
- - - 3 GrDn 13:3 3 καὶ οἱ γονεῖς αὐτῆς δίκαιοι καὶ ἐδίδαξαν τὴν θυγατέρα αὐτῶν κατὰ τὸν νόμον Μωυσῆ GrDn 13:3
Her parents also were righteous and taught their daughter according to the law of Moses.
- - - 4 GrDn 13:4 4 καὶ ἦν Ιωακιμ πλούσιος σφόδρα καὶ ἦν αὐτῷ παράδεισος γειτνιῶν τῷ οἴκῳ αὐτοῦ καὶ πρὸς αὐτὸν προσήγοντο οἱ Ιουδαῖοι διὰ τὸ εἶναι αὐτὸν ἐνδοξότερον πάντων GrDn 13:4
Now Joakim was a great rich man and had a beautiful garden next to his house; and the Jews turned to him for help, because he was more honorable than all others.
- - - 5 GrDn 13:5 5 καὶ ἀπεδείχθησαν δύο πρεσβύτεροι ἐκ τοῦ λαοῦ κριταὶ ἐν τῷ ἐνιαυτῷ ἐκείνῳ περὶ ὧν ἐλάλησεν ὁ δεσπότης ὅτι ἐξῆλθεν ἀνομία ἐκ Βαβυλῶνος ἐκ πρεσβυτέρων κριτῶν οἳ ἐδόκουν κυβερνᾶν τὸν λαόν GrDn 13:5
¶The same year, two of the elders of the people were appointed to be judges, such ones as the Lord spoke of, “Wickedness came from Babylon, from ancient judges, who seemed to govern the people.”
- - - 6 GrDn 13:6 6 οὗτοι προσεκαρτέρουν ἐν τῇ οἰκίᾳ Ιωακιμ καὶ ἤρχοντο πρὸς αὐτοὺς πάντες οἱ κρινόμενοι GrDn 13:6
These spent much time at Joakim’s house, and all those who had any lawsuits came to them.
- - - 7 GrDn 13:7 7 καὶ ἐγένετο ἡνίκα ἀπέτρεχεν ὁ λαὸς μέσον ἡμέρας εἰσεπορεύετο Σουσαννα καὶ περιεπάτει ἐν τῷ παραδείσῳ τοῦ ἀνδρὸς αὐτῆς GrDn 13:7
Now when the people departed away at noon, Susanna went into her husband’s garden to walk.
- - - 8 GrDn 13:8 8 καὶ ἐθεώρουν αὐτὴν οἱ δύο πρεσβύτεροι καθ’ ἡμέραν εἰσπορευομένην καὶ περιπατοῦσαν καὶ ἐγένοντο ἐν ἐπιθυμίᾳ αὐτῆς GrDn 13:8
And the two elders saw her going in every day and walking, so that their lust was inflamed toward her.
- - - 9 GrDn 13:9 9 καὶ διέστρεψαν τὸν ἑαυτῶν νοῦν καὶ ἐξέκλιναν τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτῶν τοῦ μὴ βλέπειν εἰς τὸν οὐρανὸν μηδὲ μνημονεύειν κριμάτων δικαίων GrDn 13:9
And they perverted their own mind and turned away their eyes, so that they would not look to heaven, nor remember just judgments.
- - - 10 GrDn 13:10 10 καὶ ἦσαν ἀμφότεροι κατανενυγμένοι περὶ αὐτῆς καὶ οὐκ ἀνήγγειλαν ἀλλήλοις τὴν ὀδύνην αὐτῶν GrDn 13:10
And although they both were wounded with her love, yet each dared not show the other his grief.
- - - 11 GrDn 13:11 11 ὅτι ᾐσχύνοντο ἀναγγεῖλαι τὴν ἐπιθυμίαν αὐτῶν ὅτι ἤθελον συγγενέσθαι αὐτῇ GrDn 13:11
For they were ashamed to declare their lust, that they desired to have to do with her.
- - - 12 GrDn 13:12 12 καὶ παρετηροῦσαν φιλοτίμως καθ’ ἡμέραν ὁρᾶν αὐτήν GrDn 13:12
Yet they watched diligently from day to day to see her.
- - - 13 GrDn 13:13 13 καὶ εἶπαν ἕτερος τῷ ἑτέρῳ πορευθῶμεν δὴ εἰς οἶκον ὅτι ἀρίστου ὥρα ἐστίν καὶ ἐξελθόντες διεχωρίσθησαν ἀπ’ ἀλλήλων GrDn 13:13 And the one said to the other, “Let us go home
now, for it is dinner time [[a]] . ,” and at
leaving they parted from each other,
- - - 14 GrDn 13:14 14 καὶ ἀνακάμψαντες ἦλθον ἐπὶ τὸ αὐτὸ καὶ ἀνετάζοντες ἀλλήλους τὴν αἰτίαν ὡμολόγησαν τὴν ἐπιθυμίαν αὐτῶν καὶ τότε κοινῇ συνετάξαντο καιρὸν ὅτε αὐτὴν δυνήσονται εὑρεῖν μόνην GrDn 13:14 So when they had gone out, they each parted from the other, and on
turning doubling back again they (both)
came (again) to the same place at the same time;
and [[a]] after they had ask ed ing each one
another the reason, they [[b]] acknowledged admitted
their lust, and then in collusionthey
[[c] ] both appointed coordinated themselves a
time when they might will be able to find her alone.
- - - 15 GrDn 13:15 15 καὶ ἐγένετο ἐν τῷ παρατηρεῖν αὐτοὺς ἡμέραν εὔθετον εἰσῆλθέν ποτε καθὼς ἐχθὲς καὶ τρίτης ἡμέρας μετὰ δύο μόνων κορασίων καὶ ἐπεθύμησε λούσασθαι ἐν τῷ παραδείσῳ ὅτι καῦμα ἦν GrDn 13:15 ¶And it happened, as they watched for a fitting opportune
time, that she went in as before with two maids only, and she
intended to wash herself in the garden, for it was hot. - - - 16 GrDn 13:16 16 καὶ οὐκ ἦν οὐδεὶς ἐκεῖ πλὴν οἱ δύο πρεσβύτεροι κεκρυμμένοι καὶ παρατηροῦντες αὐτήν GrDn 13:16
And there was no one there except the two elders, who had hidden themselves and watched her.
- - - 17 GrDn 13:17 17 καὶ εἶπεν τοῖς κορασίοις ἐνέγκατε δή μοι ἔλαιον καὶ σμῆγμα καὶ τὰς θύρας τοῦ παραδείσου κλείσατε ὅπως λούσωμαι GrDn 13:17
Then she said to her maids, “Bring me oil and washing balls and shut the garden doors, so that I may wash myself.”
- - - 18 GrDn 13:18 18 καὶ ἐποίησαν καθὼς εἶπεν καὶ ἀπέκλεισαν τὰς θύρας τοῦ παραδείσου καὶ ἐξῆλθαν κατὰ τὰς πλαγίας θύρας ἐνέγκαι τὰ προστεταγμένα αὐταῖς καὶ οὐκ εἴδοσαν τοὺς πρεσβυτέρους ὅτι ἦσαν κεκρυμμένοι GrDn 13:18
And they did as she asked them, and shut the garden doors, and went out themselves through private doors to fetch the things that she had commanded them; but they did not see the elders, because they were hidden.
- - - 19 GrDn 13:19 19 καὶ ἐγένετο ὡς ἐξήλθοσαν τὰ κοράσια καὶ ἀνέστησαν οἱ δύο πρεσβῦται καὶ ἐπέδραμον αὐτῇ GrDn 13:19
Now when the maids were gone, the two elders rose up and ran to her, saying,
- - - 20 GrDn 13:20 20 καὶ εἶπον ἰδοὺ αἱ θύραι τοῦ παραδείσου κέκλεινται καὶ οὐδεὶς θεωρεῖ ἡμᾶς καὶ ἐν ἐπιθυμίᾳ σού ἐσμεν διὸ συγκατάθου ἡμῖν καὶ γενοῦ μεθ’ ἡμῶν GrDn 13:20
“Behold, the garden doors are shut, so that no man can see us, and we are in love with you; therefore consent to us and lie with us.
- - - 21 GrDn 13:21 21 εἰ δὲ μή καταμαρτυρήσομέν σου ὅτι ἦν μετὰ σοῦ νεανίσκος καὶ διὰ τοῦτο ἐξαπέστειλας τὰ κοράσια ἀπὸ σοῦ GrDn 13:21
If you will not, we will bear witness against you that a young man was with you, and therefore you sent your maids away from you.”
- - - 22 GrDn 13:22 22 καὶ ἀνεστέναξεν Σουσαννα καὶ εἶπεν στενά μοι πάντοθεν ἐάν τε γὰρ τοῦτο πράξω θάνατός μοί ἐστιν ἐάν τε μὴ πράξω οὐκ ἐκφεύξομαι τὰς χεῖρας ὑμῶν GrDn 13:22 Then Susanna sighed anguished and said, “I am hemmed
in on every side; for if I do this thing, it is death to me; and if I do
not do it, I cannot escape your hands. - - - 23 GrDn 13:23 23 αἱρετόν μοί ἐστιν μὴ πράξασαν ἐμπεσεῖν εἰς τὰς χεῖρας ὑμῶν ἢ ἁμαρτεῖν ἐνώπιον κυρίου GrDn 13:23
It is better for me to fall into your hands and not do it, than to sin in the sight of the Lord.”
- - - 24 GrDn 13:24 24 καὶ ἀνεβόησεν φωνῇ μεγάλῃ Σουσαννα ἐβόησαν δὲ καὶ οἱ δύο πρεσβῦται κατέναντι αὐτῆς GrDn 13:24
With that, Susanna cried with a loud voice, and the two elders cried out against her.
- - - 25 GrDn 13:25 25 καὶ δραμὼν ὁ εἷς ἤνοιξεν τὰς θύρας τοῦ παραδείσου GrDn 13:25
Then the one ran and opened the garden door.
- - - 26 GrDn 13:26 26 ὡς δὲ ἤκουσαν τὴν κραυγὴν ἐν τῷ παραδείσῳ οἱ ἐκ τῆς οἰκίας εἰσεπήδησαν διὰ τῆς πλαγίας θύρας ἰδεῖν τὸ συμβεβηκὸς αὐτῇ GrDn 13:26
So when the servants of the house heard the cry in the garden, they rushed in through the private door to see what had happened to her.
- - - 27 GrDn 13:27 27 ἡνίκα δὲ εἶπαν οἱ πρεσβῦται τοὺς λόγους αὐτῶν κατῃσχύνθησαν οἱ δοῦλοι σφόδρα ὅτι πώποτε οὐκ ἐρρέθη λόγος τοιοῦτος περὶ Σουσαννης GrDn 13:27
But, when the elders had declared their story, the servants were greatly ashamed, for there was never such a report made of Susanna.
- - - 28 GrDn 13:28 28 καὶ ἐγένετο τῇ ἐπαύριον ὡς συνῆλθεν ὁ λαὸς πρὸς τὸν ἄνδρα αὐτῆς Ιωακιμ ἦλθον οἱ δύο πρεσβῦται πλήρεις τῆς ἀνόμου ἐννοίας κατὰ Σουσαννης τοῦ θανατῶσαι αὐτὴν GrDn 13:28
¶And it came to pass the next day, when the people were assembled before her husband Joakim, that the two elders also came, full of mischievous imagination against Susanna to put her to death;
- - - 29 GrDn 13:29 29 καὶ εἶπαν ἔμπροσθεν τοῦ λαοῦ ἀποστείλατε ἐπὶ Σουσανναν θυγατέρα Χελκιου ἥ ἐστιν γυνὴ Ιωακιμ οἱ δὲ ἀπέστειλαν GrDn 13:29
And they said before the people, “Send for Susanna, the daughter of Hilkiah, Joakim’s wife.” And so they sent for her.
- - - 30 GrDn 13:30 30 καὶ ἦλθεν αὐτὴ καὶ οἱ γονεῖς αὐτῆς καὶ τὰ τέκνα αὐτῆς καὶ πάντες οἱ συγγενεῖς αὐτῆς GrDn 13:30
So she came with her father and mother, her children, and all her kindred.
- - - 31 GrDn 13:31 31 ἡ δὲ Σουσαννα ἦν τρυφερὰ σφόδρα καὶ καλὴ τῷ εἴδει GrDn 13:31
Now, Susanna was a very delicate woman and beautiful to behold.
- - - 32 GrDn 13:32 32 οἱ δὲ παράνομοι ἐκέλευσαν ἀποκαλυφθῆναι αὐτήν ἦν γὰρ κατακεκαλυμμένη ὅπως ἐμπλησθῶσιν τοῦ κάλλους αὐτῆς GrDn 13:32
And these wicked men commanded her to uncover her face, (for she was covered,) that they might be filled with her beauty.
- - - 33 GrDn 13:33 33 ἔκλαιον δὲ οἱ παρ’ αὐτῆς καὶ πάντες οἱ ἰδόντες αὐτήν GrDn 13:33
Therefore, her friends and all that saw her wept.
- - - 34 GrDn 13:34 34 ἀναστάντες δὲ οἱ δύο πρεσβῦται ἐν μέσῳ τῷ λαῷ ἔθηκαν τὰς χεῖρας ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν αὐτῆς GrDn 13:34
Then the two elders stood up in the midst of the people and laid their hands upon her head.
- - - 35 GrDn 13:35 35 ἡ δὲ κλαίουσα ἀνέβλεψεν εἰς τὸν οὐρανόν ὅτι ἦν ἡ καρδία αὐτῆς πεποιθυῖα ἐπὶ τῷ κυρίῳ GrDn 13:35
And she looked up toward heaven weeping, for her heart trusted in the Lord.
- - - 36 GrDn 13:36 36 εἶπαν δὲ οἱ πρεσβῦται περιπατούντων ἡμῶν ἐν τῷ παραδείσῳ μόνων εἰσῆλθεν αὕτη μετὰ δύο παιδισκῶν καὶ ἀπέκλεισεν τὰς θύρας τοῦ παραδείσου καὶ ἀπέλυσεν τὰς παιδίσκας GrDn 13:36
And the elders said, “As we walked in the garden alone, this woman came in with two maids and shut the garden doors and sent the maids away.
- - - 37 GrDn 13:37 37 καὶ ἦλθεν πρὸς αὐτὴν νεανίσκος ὃς ἦν κεκρυμμένος καὶ ἀνέπεσε μετ’ αὐτῆς GrDn 13:37
Then a young man, who was hidden there, came to her and lay with her.
- - - 38 GrDn 13:38 38 ἡμεῖς δὲ ὄντες ἐν τῇ γωνίᾳ τοῦ παραδείσου ἰδόντες τὴν ἀνομίαν ἐδράμομεν ἐπ’ αὐτούς GrDn 13:38
Then, standing in a corner of the garden, we saw this wickedness and ran towards them.
- - - 39 GrDn 13:39 39 καὶ ἰδόντες συγγινομένους αὐτοὺς ἐκείνου μὲν οὐκ ἠδυνήθημεν ἐγκρατεῖς γενέσθαι διὰ τὸ ἰσχύειν αὐτὸν ὑπὲρ ἡμᾶς καὶ ἀνοίξαντα τὰς θύρας ἐκπεπηδηκέναι GrDn 13:39
And when we saw them together, the man we could not hold, for he was stronger than us, and he opened the door and leaped out.
- - - 40 GrDn 13:40 40 ταύτης δὲ ἐπιλαβόμενοι ἐπηρωτῶμεν τίς ἦν ὁ νεανίσκος GrDn 13:40
But having taken this woman, we asked her who the young man was, but she would not tell us; to these things we testify.”
- - - 41 GrDn 13:41 41 καὶ οὐκ ἠθέλησεν ἀναγγεῖλαι ἡμῖν ταῦτα μαρτυροῦμεν καὶ ἐπίστευσεν αὐτοῖς ἡ συναγωγὴ ὡς πρεσβυτέροις τοῦ λαοῦ καὶ κριταῖς καὶ κατέκριναν αὐτὴν ἀποθανεῖν GrDn 13:41
Then the assembly believed them because they were the elders and judges of the people; so they condemned her to death.
- - - 42 GrDn 13:42 42 ἀνεβόησεν δὲ φωνῇ μεγάλῃ Σουσαννα καὶ εἶπεν ὁ θεὸς ὁ αἰώνιος ὁ τῶν κρυπτῶν γνώστης ὁ εἰδὼς τὰ πάντα πρὶν γενέσεως αὐτῶν GrDn 13:42
¶Then Susanna cried out with a loud voice and said, “O everlasting God, who knows the secrets and knows all things before they be:
- - - 43 GrDn 13:43 43 σὺ ἐπίστασαι ὅτι ψευδῆ μου κατεμαρτύρησαν καὶ ἰδοὺ ἀποθνῄσκω μὴ ποιήσασα μηδὲν ὧν οὗτοι ἐπονηρεύσαντο κατ’ ἐμοῦ GrDn 13:43
You know that they have borne false witness against me, and behold I must die; though I never did such things as these men have maliciously invented against me.”
- - - 44 GrDn 13:44 44 καὶ εἰσήκουσεν κύριος τῆς φωνῆς αὐτῆς GrDn 13:44
And the Lord heard her voice.
- - - 45 GrDn 13:45 45 καὶ ἀπαγομένης αὐτῆς ἀπολέσθαι ἐξήγειρεν ὁ θεὸς τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον παιδαρίου νεωτέρου ᾧ ὄνομα Δανιηλ GrDn 13:45
Therefore, when she was led to be put to death, the Lord raised up the holy spirit of a young youth whose name was Daniel,
- - - 46 GrDn 13:46 46 καὶ ἐβόησεν φωνῇ μεγάλῃ καθαρὸς ἐγὼ ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος ταύτης GrDn 13:46
who cried with a loud voice, “I am free of the blood of this woman.”
- - - 47 GrDn 13:47 47 ἐπέστρεψεν δὲ πᾶς ὁ λαὸς πρὸς αὐτὸν καὶ εἶπαν τίς ὁ λόγος οὗτος ὃν σὺ λελάληκας GrDn 13:47
Then all the people turned toward him and said, “What do these words you have spoken mean?”
- - - 48 GrDn 13:48 48 ὁ δὲ στὰς ἐν μέσῳ αὐτῶν εἶπεν οὕτως μωροί οἱ υἱοὶ Ισραηλ οὐκ ἀνακρίναντες οὐδὲ τὸ σαφὲς ἐπιγνόντες κατεκρίνατε θυγατέρα Ισραηλ GrDn 13:48
So, standing in the midst of them, he said, “Are you such fools, you sons of Israel, that you have condemned a daughter of Israel without examination or knowledge of the truth?
- - - 49 GrDn 13:49 49 ἀναστρέψατε εἰς τὸ κριτήριον ψευδῆ γὰρ οὗτοι κατεμαρτύρησαν αὐτῆς GrDn 13:49
Return again to the place of judgment, for they have borne false witness against her.”
- - - 50 GrDn 13:50 50 καὶ ἀνέστρεψεν πᾶς ὁ λαὸς μετὰ σπουδῆς καὶ εἶπαν αὐτῷ οἱ πρεσβύτεροι δεῦρο κάθισον ἐν μέσῳ ἡμῶν καὶ ἀνάγγειλον ἡμῖν ὅτι σοὶ δέδωκεν ὁ θεὸς τὸ πρεσβεῖον GrDn 13:50
¶Therefore all the people returned again in haste, and the elders said to him, “Come, sit down among us and teach us, since that God has given you the honor of an elder.”
- - - 51 GrDn 13:51 51 καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς αὐτοὺς Δανιηλ διαχωρίσατε αὐτοὺς ἀπ’ ἀλλήλων μακράν καὶ ἀνακρινῶ αὐτούς GrDn 13:51
Then Daniel said to them, “Put these two aside, one far from another, and I will examine them.”
- - - 52 GrDn 13:52 52 ὡς δὲ διεχωρίσθησαν εἷς ἀπὸ τοῦ ἑνός ἐκάλεσεν τὸν ἕνα αὐτῶν καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς αὐτόν πεπαλαιωμένε ἡμερῶν κακῶν νῦν ἥκασιν αἱ ἁμαρτίαι σου ἃς ἐποίεις τὸ πρότερον GrDn 13:52
So, when they were put apart one from another, he called one of them and said to him, “O you who has grown old in wickedness, now your sins, which you have committed before this time, have come to light.
- - - 53 GrDn 13:53 53 κρίνων κρίσεις ἀδίκους καὶ τοὺς μὲν ἀθῴους κατακρίνων ἀπολύων δὲ τοὺς αἰτίους λέγοντος τοῦ κυρίου ἀθῷον καὶ δίκαιον οὐκ ἀποκτενεῖς GrDn 13:53
For you have pronounced false judgment and have condemned the innocent and have let the guilty go free; even though the Lord says, ‘The innocent and righteous you shall not slay.’
- - - 54 GrDn 13:54 54 νῦν οὖν ταύτην εἴπερ εἶδες εἰπόν ὑπὸ τί δένδρον εἶδες αὐτοὺς ὁμιλοῦντας ἀλλήλοις ὁ δὲ εἶπεν ὑπὸ σχῖνον GrDn 13:54
Now then, if you saw her, tell me, under what tree did you see them consorting together?” He answered, “Under a mastick tree.”
- - - 55 GrDn 13:55 55 εἶπεν δὲ Δανιηλ ὀρθῶς ἔψευσαι εἰς τὴν σεαυτοῦ κεφαλήν ἤδη γὰρ ἄγγελος τοῦ θεοῦ λαβὼν φάσιν παρὰ τοῦ θεοῦ σχίσει σε μέσον GrDn 13:55
And Daniel said, “Very well; you have lied against your own head; for even now the angel of God has received the sentence of God to cut you in two.”
- - - 56 GrDn 13:56 56 καὶ μεταστήσας αὐτὸν ἐκέλευσεν προσαγαγεῖν τὸν ἕτερον καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ σπέρμα Χανααν καὶ οὐκ Ιουδα τὸ κάλλος ἐξηπάτησέν σε καὶ ἡ ἐπιθυμία διέστρεψεν τὴν καρδίαν σου GrDn 13:56
So he put him aside and commanded them to bring the other, and he said to him, “O you, offspring of Canaan and not of Judah, beauty has deceived you and lust has perverted your heart.
- - - 57 GrDn 13:57 57 οὕτως ἐποιεῖτε θυγατράσιν Ισραηλ καὶ ἐκεῖναι φοβούμεναι ὡμίλουν ὑμῖν ἀλλ’ οὐ θυγάτηρ Ιουδα ὑπέμεινεν τὴν ἀνομίαν ὑμῶν GrDn 13:57
Thus have you dealt with the daughters of Israel, and they out of fear consorted with you; but the daughter of Judah would not tolerate your wickedness.
- - - 58 GrDn 13:58 58 νῦν οὖν λέγε μοι ὑπὸ τί δένδρον κατέλαβες αὐτοὺς ὁμιλοῦντας ἀλλήλοις ὁ δὲ εἶπεν ὑπὸ πρῖνον GrDn 13:58
Now therefore, tell me, under what tree did you find them consorting together?” He answered, “Under an holm tree.”
- - - 59 GrDn 13:59 59 εἶπεν δὲ αὐτῷ Δανιηλ ὀρθῶς ἔψευσαι καὶ σὺ εἰς τὴν σεαυτοῦ κεφαλήν μένει γὰρ ὁ ἄγγελος τοῦ θεοῦ τὴν ῥομφαίαν ἔχων πρίσαι σε μέσον ὅπως ἐξολεθρεύσῃ ὑμᾶς GrDn 13:59
Then Daniel said to him, “Well, you also have lied against your own head; for the angel of God waits with the sword to cut you in two, that he may destroy you.”
- - - 60 GrDn 13:60 60 καὶ ἀνεβόησεν πᾶσα ἡ συναγωγὴ φωνῇ μεγάλῃ καὶ εὐλόγησαν τῷ θεῷ τῷ σῴζοντι τοὺς ἐλπίζοντας ἐπ’ αὐτόν GrDn 13:60
¶With that all the assembly cried out with a loud voice and praised God, who saves those who trust in him.
- - - 61 GrDn 13:61 61 καὶ ἀνέστησαν ἐπὶ τοὺς δύο πρεσβύτας ὅτι συνέστησεν αὐτοὺς Δανιηλ ἐκ τοῦ στόματος αὐτῶν ψευδομαρτυρήσαντας καὶ ἐποίησαν αὐτοῖς ὃν τρόπον ἐπονηρεύσαντο τῷ πλησίον GrDn 13:61
And they arose against the two elders, for Daniel had convicted them of false witness by their own mouth.
- - - 62 GrDn 13:62 62 ποιῆσαι κατὰ τὸν νόμον Μωυσῆ καὶ ἀπέκτειναν αὐτούς καὶ ἐσώθη αἷμα ἀναίτιον ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ἐκείνῃ GrDn 13:62
And, according to the law of Moses, they did to them in the same way as they maliciously intended to do to their neighbor; and they put them to death. Thus, innocent blood was saved that same day.
- - - 63 GrDn 13:63 63 Χελκιας δὲ καὶ ἡ γυνὴ αὐτοῦ ᾔνεσαν τὸν θεὸν περὶ τῆς θυγατρὸς αὐτῶν Σουσαννας μετὰ Ιωακιμ τοῦ ἀνδρὸς αὐτῆς καὶ τῶν συγγενῶν πάντων ὅτι οὐχ εὑρέθη ἐν αὐτῇ ἄσχημον πρᾶγμα GrDn 13:63
Therefore Hilkiah and his wife praised God for their daughter Susanna, with Joakim her husband and all their kindred, because there was no dishonesty found in her.
- - - 64 GrDn 13:64 64 καὶ Δανιηλ ἐγένετο μέγας ἐνώπιον τοῦ λαοῦ ἀπὸ τῆς ἡμέρας ἐκείνης καὶ ἐπέκεινα GrDn 13:64
From that day forth, Daniel had a great reputation in the sight of the people.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard