Τωβὶτ BA Tobit BA (Codices Vaticanus and Alexandrinus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 1:1 1 βίβλος λόγων Τωβιτ τοῦ Τωβιηλ τοῦ Ανανιηλ τοῦ Αδουηλ τοῦ Γαβαηλ ἐκ τοῦ σπέρματος Ασιηλ ἐκ τῆς φυλῆς Νεφθαλιμ Tb 1:1
¶The book of the words of Tobit, son of Tobiel, the son of Ananiel, the son of Aduel, the son of Gabael, a descendent of Asael, of the tribe of Naphtali,
- - - 2 Tb 1:2 2 ὃς ᾐχμαλωτεύθη ἐν ἡμέραις Ενεμεσσαρου τοῦ βασιλέως Ἀσσυρίων ἐκ Θισβης ἥ ἐστιν ἐκ δεξιῶν Κυδιως τῆς Νεφθαλιμ ἐν τῇ Γαλιλαίᾳ ὑπεράνω Ασηρ Tb 1:2
who, in the time of Shalmaneser king of the Assyrians, was led captive out of Thisbe, which is at the right hand of that city, which is properly called Naphtali, in Galilee above Asher.
- - - 3 Tb 1:3 3 ἐγὼ Τωβιτ ὁδοῖς ἀληθείας ἐπορευόμην καὶ δικαιοσύνης πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας τῆς ζωῆς μου καὶ ἐλεημοσύνας πολλὰς ἐποίησα τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς μου καὶ τῷ ἔθνει τοῖς συμπορευθεῖσιν μετ’ ἐμοῦ εἰς χώραν Ἀσσυρίων εἰς Νινευη Tb 1:3
¶I, Tobit, have walked all the days of my life in the ways of truth and justice, and I performed many charitable deeds for my brethren and my nation, who came with me to Nineveh into the land of the Assyrians.
- - - 4 Tb 1:4 4 καὶ ὅτε ἤμην ἐν τῇ χώρᾳ μου ἐν τῇ γῇ Ισραηλ νεωτέρου μου ὄντος πᾶσα φυλὴ τοῦ Νεφθαλιμ τοῦ πατρός μου ἀπέστη ἀπὸ τοῦ οἴκου Ιεροσολύμων τῆς ἐκλεγείσης ἀπὸ πασῶν τῶν φυλῶν Ισραηλ εἰς τὸ θυσιάζειν πάσας τὰς φυλάς καὶ ἡγιάσθη ὁ ναὸς τῆς κατασκηνώσεως τοῦ ὑψίστου καὶ ᾠκοδομήθη εἰς πάσας τὰς γενεὰς τοῦ αἰῶνος Tb 1:4
And when I was in my own country, in the land of Israel, in my youth, with all the tribe of Naphtali, my father fell away from the house of Jerusalem, which was chosen out of all the tribes of Israel so that all the tribes should sacrifice there, where the Temple of the dwelling place of the most High was consecrated and built for all ages.
- - - 5 Tb 1:5 5 καὶ πᾶσαι αἱ φυλαὶ αἱ συναποστᾶσαι ἔθυον τῇ Βααλ τῇ δαμάλει καὶ ὁ οἶκος Νεφθαλιμ τοῦ πατρός μου Tb 1:5
Now all the tribes which revolted together, and the house of my father Naphtali, sacrificed to the heifer Baal.
- - - 6 Tb 1:6 6 κἀγὼ μόνος ἐπορευόμην πλεονάκις εἰς Ιεροσόλυμα ἐν ταῖς ἑορταῖς καθὼς γέγραπται παντὶ τῷ Ισραηλ ἐν προστάγματι αἰωνίῳ τὰς ἀπαρχὰς καὶ τὰς δεκάτας τῶν γενημάτων καὶ τὰς πρωτοκουρίας ἔχων Tb 1:6
But I alone went often to Jerusalem at the feasts, as it was ordained for all the people of Israel by an everlasting decree, bringing the first fruits and tenths of increase, with the first-shorn sheep, and these I gave at the altar to the priests, the children of Aaron.
- - - 7 Tb 1:7 7 καὶ ἐδίδουν αὐτὰς τοῖς ἱερεῦσιν τοῖς υἱοῖς Ααρων πρὸς τὸ θυσιαστήριον πάντων τῶν γενημάτων τὴν δεκάτην ἐδίδουν τοῖς υἱοῖς Λευι τοῖς θεραπεύουσιν ἐν Ιερουσαλημ καὶ τὴν δευτέραν δεκάτην ἀπεπρατιζόμην καὶ ἐπορευόμην καὶ ἐδαπάνων αὐτὰ ἐν Ιεροσολύμοις καθ’ ἕκαστον ἐνιαυτόν Tb 1:7
The first tenth part of all increase I gave to the sons of Aaron, who ministered at Jerusalem; another tenth part I sold, and went, and spent it every year at Jerusalem;
- - - 8 Tb 1:8 8 καὶ τὴν τρίτην ἐδίδουν οἷς καθήκει καθὼς ἐνετείλατο Δεββωρα ἡ μήτηρ τοῦ πατρός μου διότι ὀρφανὸς κατελείφθην ὑπὸ τοῦ πατρός μου Tb 1:8
and the third I gave to those who were in need, as Deborah my father’s mother had commanded me, because I was left an orphan by my father.
- - - 9 Tb 1:9 9 καὶ ὅτε ἐγενόμην ἀνήρ ἔλαβον Ανναν γυναῖκα ἐκ τοῦ σπέρματος τῆς πατριᾶς ἡμῶν καὶ ἐγέννησα ἐξ αὐτῆς Τωβιαν Tb 1:9
Furthermore, when I had reached the age of a man, I married Anna of my own kindred, and of her, I fathered Tobias.
- - - 10 Tb 1:10 10 καὶ ὅτε ᾐχμαλωτίσθην εἰς Νινευη πάντες οἱ ἀδελφοί μου καὶ οἱ ἐκ τοῦ γένους μου ἤσθιον ἐκ τῶν ἄρτων τῶν ἐθνῶν Tb 1:10
¶And when we were carried away captives to Nineveh, all my brethren and those who were of my kindred ate of the bread of the Gentiles.
- - - 11 Tb 1:11 11 ἐγὼ δὲ συνετήρησα τὴν ψυχήν μου μὴ φαγεῖν Tb 1:11
But I kept myself from eating,
- - - 12 Tb 1:12 12 καθότι ἐμεμνήμην τοῦ θεοῦ ἐν ὅλῃ τῇ ψυχῇ μου Tb 1:12
because I remembered God with all my heart.
- - - 13 Tb 1:13 13 καὶ ἔδωκεν ὁ ὕψιστος χάριν καὶ μορφὴν ἐνώπιον Ενεμεσσαρου καὶ ἤμην αὐτοῦ ἀγοραστής Tb 1:13
And the most High gave me grace and favor before Shalmaneser, so that I was his purveyor.
- - - 14 Tb 1:14 14 καὶ ἐπορευόμην εἰς τὴν Μηδίαν καὶ παρεθέμην Γαβαήλῳ τῷ ἀδελφῷ Γαβρια ἐν Ραγοις τῆς Μηδίας ἀργυρίου τάλαντα δέκα Tb 1:14
And I went into Media, and I left in trust with Gabael, the brother of Gabrias, at Rages a city of Media, ten talents of silver.
- - - 15 Tb 1:15 15 καὶ ὅτε ἀπέθανεν Ενεμεσσαρος ἐβασίλευσεν Σενναχηριμ ὁ υἱὸς αὐτοῦ ἀντ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ αἱ ὁδοὶ αὐτοῦ ἠκαταστάτησαν καὶ οὐκέτι ἠδυνάσθην πορευθῆναι εἰς τὴν Μηδίαν Tb 1:15
Now when Shalmaneser was dead, Sennacherib his son reigned in his place; but his reign was troubled so that I could not go into Media.
- - - 16 Tb 1:16 16 καὶ ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις Ενεμεσσαρου ἐλεημοσύνας πολλὰς ἐποίουν τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς μου Tb 1:16
And in the time of Shalmaneser I gave many alms to my brethren and gave my bread to the hungry,
- - - 17 Tb 1:17 17 τοὺς ἄρτους μου ἐδίδουν τοῖς πεινῶσιν καὶ τὰ ἱμάτιά μου τοῖς γυμνοῖς καὶ εἴ τινα ἐκ τοῦ γένους μου ἐθεώρουν τεθνηκότα καὶ ἐρριμμένον ὀπίσω τοῦ τείχους Νινευη ἔθαπτον αὐτόν Tb 1:17
and my clothes to the naked; and if I saw any of my nation dead, or cast out around the walls of Nineveh, I buried him.
- - - 18 Tb 1:18 18 καὶ εἴ τινα ἀπέκτεινεν Σενναχηριμ ὁ βασιλεύς ὅτε ἦλθεν φεύγων ἐκ τῆς Ιουδαίας ἔθαψα αὐτοὺς κλέπτων πολλοὺς γὰρ ἀπέκτεινεν ἐν τῷ θυμῷ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐζητήθη ὑπὸ τοῦ βασιλέως τὰ σώματα καὶ οὐχ εὑρέθη Tb 1:18
And if the king Sennacherib had slain anyone, when he arrived and fled from Judea, I buried them privately; for in his wrath he killed many, but the bodies were not found when they were sought by the king.
- - - 19 Tb 1:19 19 πορευθεὶς δὲ εἷς τῶν ἐν Νινευη ὑπέδειξε τῷ βασιλεῖ περὶ ἐμοῦ ὅτι θάπτω αὐτούς καὶ ἐκρύβην ἐπιγνοὺς δὲ ὅτι ζητοῦμαι ἀποθανεῖν φοβηθεὶς ἀνεχώρησα Tb 1:19
¶And when one of the Ninevites went and complained to the king about me, that I buried them and hid myself, I understood that I was sought to be put to death, so I withdrew myself out of fear.
- - - 20 Tb 1:20 20 καὶ διηρπάγη πάντα τὰ ὑπάρχοντά μου καὶ οὐ κατελείφθη μοι οὐδὲν πλὴν Αννας τῆς γυναικός μου καὶ Τωβιου τοῦ υἱοῦ μου Tb 1:20
Then all my goods were forcibly taken away, neither was there anything left for me, except my wife Anna and my son Tobias.
- - - 21 Tb 1:21 21 καὶ οὐ διῆλθον ἡμέραι πεντήκοντα ἕως οὗ ἀπέκτειναν αὐτὸν οἱ δύο υἱοὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔφυγον εἰς τὰ ὄρη Αραρατ καὶ ἐβασίλευσεν Σαχερδονος ὁ υἱὸς αὐτοῦ ἀντ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔταξεν Αχιαχαρον τὸν Αναηλ υἱὸν τοῦ ἀδελφοῦ μου ἐπὶ πᾶσαν τὴν ἐκλογιστίαν τῆς βασιλείας αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐπὶ πᾶσαν τὴν διοίκησιν Tb 1:21
And before fifty-five days had passed, two of his sons killed him and they fled into the mountains of Ararath; and Sarchedonus his son reigned in his place; he appointed, over his father’s accounts and over all his affairs, Achiacharus, my brother Anael’s son.
- - - 22 Tb 1:22 22 καὶ ἠξίωσεν Αχιαχαρος περὶ ἐμοῦ καὶ ἦλθον εἰς Νινευη Αχιαχαρος δὲ ἦν ὁ οἰνοχόος καὶ ἐπὶ τοῦ δακτυλίου καὶ διοικητὴς καὶ ἐκλογιστής καὶ κατέστησεν αὐτὸν ὁ Σαχερδονος ἐκ δευτέρας ἦν δὲ ἐξάδελφός μου Tb 1:22
And since Achiacharus petitioned for me, I returned to Nineveh. Now Achiacharus was cupbearer and keeper of the signet and steward and overseer of the accounts; and Sarchedonus appointed him next to him; and he was my brother’s son.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard