Τωβὶτ BA Tobit BA (Codices Vaticanus and Alexandrinus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 11:1 1 καὶ ἐπορεύετο μέχρις οὗ ἐγγίσαι αὐτοὺς εἰς Νινευη καὶ εἶπεν Ραφαηλ πρὸς Τωβιαν Tb 11:1
¶After these things Tobias went his way praising God because he had given him a prosperous journey, and he blessed Raguel and Edna his wife, and went on his way until they drew near to Nineveh.
- - - 2 Tb 11:2 2 οὐ γινώσκεις ἄδελφε πῶς ἀφῆκας τὸν πατέρα σου Tb 11:2
Then Raphael said to Tobias, “You know, brother, how you left your father;
- - - 3 Tb 11:3 3 προδράμωμεν ἔμπροσθεν τῆς γυναικός σου καὶ ἑτοιμάσωμεν τὴν οἰκίαν Tb 11:3
let us hurry ahead, before your wife, and prepare the house;
- - - 4 Tb 11:4 4 λαβὲ δὲ παρὰ χεῖρα τὴν χολὴν τοῦ ἰχθύος καὶ ἐπορεύθησαν καὶ συνῆλθεν ὁ κύων ὄπισθεν αὐτῶν Tb 11:4
and you should carry in your hand the gall of the fish.” So they went their way, and the dog went after them.
- - - 5 Tb 11:5 5 καὶ Αννα ἐκάθητο περιβλεπομένη εἰς τὴν ὁδὸν τὸν παῖδα αὐτῆς Tb 11:5
Now Anna sat looking around, toward the way, for her son.
- - - 6 Tb 11:6 6 καὶ προσενόησεν αὐτὸν ἐρχόμενον καὶ εἶπεν τῷ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ ἰδοὺ ὁ υἱός σου ἔρχεται καὶ ὁ ἄνθρωπος ὁ πορευθεὶς μετ’ αὐτοῦ Tb 11:6
And when she spotted him arriving, she said to his father, “See now, your son arrives, and the man who went with him.”
- - - 7 Tb 11:7 7 καὶ Ραφαηλ εἶπεν ἐπίσταμαι ἐγὼ ὅτι ἀνοίξει τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς ὁ πατήρ σου Tb 11:7
Then Raphael said, “I know, Tobias, that your father will open his eyes.
- - - 8 Tb 11:8 8 σὺ οὖν ἔγχρισον τὴν χολὴν εἰς τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτοῦ καὶ δηχθεὶς διατρίψει καὶ ἀποβαλεῖ τὰ λευκώματα καὶ ὄψεταί σε Tb 11:8
Therefore anoint his eyes with the gall, and being irritated by it, he will rub his eyes and the whiteness will fall away, and then he will see you.”
- - - 9 Tb 11:9 9 καὶ προσδραμοῦσα Αννα ἐπέπεσεν ἐπὶ τὸν τράχηλον τοῦ υἱοῦ αὐτῆς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ εἶδόν σε παιδίον ἀπὸ τοῦ νῦν ἀποθανοῦμαι καὶ ἔκλαυσαν ἀμφότεροι Tb 11:9
Then Anna ran forth, and fell upon the neck of her son, and said to him, “Since I have seen you, my son, from now on I am content to die.” And they both wept.
- - - 10 Tb 11:10 10 καὶ Τωβιτ ἐξήρχετο πρὸς τὴν θύραν καὶ προσέκοπτεν ὁ δὲ υἱὸς προσέδραμεν αὐτῷ Tb 11:10
¶Tobit also went forth toward the door, and stumbled, but his son ran to him.
- - - 11 Tb 11:11 11 καὶ ἐπελάβετο τοῦ πατρὸς αὐτοῦ καὶ προσέπασεν τὴν χολὴν ἐπὶ τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς τοῦ πατρὸς αὐτοῦ λέγων θάρσει πάτερ Tb 11:11
And he took hold of his father and struck his fathers’ eyes with the gall, saying, “Be of good hope, my father.”
- - - 12 Tb 11:12 12 ὡς δὲ συνεδήχθησαν διέτριψε τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐλεπίσθη ἀπὸ τῶν κανθῶν τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν αὐτοῦ τὰ λευκώματα Tb 11:12
And when his eyes began to sting, he rubbed them;
- - - 13 Tb 11:13 13 καὶ ἰδὼν τὸν υἱὸν αὐτοῦ ἐπέπεσεν ἐπὶ τὸν τράχηλον αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔκλαυσεν καὶ εἶπεν Tb 11:13
and the whiteness pealed away from the corners of his eyes; and when he saw his son, he fell upon his neck.
- - - 14 Tb 11:14 14 εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὁ θεός καὶ εὐλογητὸν τὸ ὄνομά σου εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας καὶ εὐλογημένοι πάντες οἱ ἅγιοί σου ἄγγελοι ὅτι ἐμαστίγωσας καὶ ἠλέησάς με ἰδοὺ βλέπω Τωβιαν τὸν υἱόν μου Tb 11:14
And he wept and said, “Blessed are you, O God, and blessed is your name for ever; and blessed are all your holy angels.
- - - 15 Tb 11:15 15 καὶ εἰσῆλθεν ὁ υἱὸς αὐτοῦ χαίρων καὶ ἀπήγγειλεν τῷ πατρὶ αὐτοῦ τὰ μεγαλεῖα τὰ γενόμενα αὐτῷ ἐν τῇ Μηδίᾳ Tb 11:15
For you have scourged me, and have taken pity on me; for, behold, I see my son Tobias.” And his son went in rejoicing, and he told his father the great things which had happened to him in Media.
- - - 16 Tb 11:16 16 καὶ ἐξῆλθεν Τωβιτ εἰς συνάντησιν τῇ νύμφῃ αὐτοῦ χαίρων καὶ εὐλογῶν τὸν θεὸν πρὸς τῇ πύλῃ Νινευη καὶ ἐθαύμαζον οἱ θεωροῦντες αὐτὸν πορευόμενον ὅτι ἔβλεψεν καὶ Τωβιτ ἐξωμολογεῖτο ἐνώπιον αὐτῶν ὅτι ἠλέησεν αὐτὸν ὁ θεός Tb 11:16
Then Tobit went out to meet his daughter-in-law at the gate of Nineveh, rejoicing and praising God; and those who saw him go marveled because he had received his sight.
- - - 17 Tb 11:17 17 καὶ ὡς ἤγγισεν Τωβιτ Σαρρα τῇ νύμφῃ αὐτοῦ κατευλόγησεν αὐτὴν λέγων ἔλθοις ὑγιαίνουσα θύγατερ εὐλογητὸς ὁ θεός ὃς ἤγαγέν σε πρὸς ἡμᾶς καὶ ὁ πατήρ σου καὶ ἡ μήτηρ σου Tb 11:17
But Tobit gave thanks before them, because God had mercy on him. And when he came near to Sarah his daughter-in-law, he blessed her, saying, “You are welcome, daughter. May God be blessed, who brought you to us, and blessed be your father and your mother.” And there was joy among all his brethren who were at Nineveh.
- - - 18 Tb 11:18 18 καὶ ἐγένετο χαρὰ πᾶσι τοῖς ἐν Νινευη ἀδελφοῖς αὐτοῦ Tb 11:18
And Achiacharus, and Nasbas his brother’s son, came.
- - - 19 Tb 11:19 19 καὶ παρεγένετο Αχιαχαρος καὶ Νασβας ὁ ἐξάδελφος αὐτοῦ καὶ ἤχθη ὁ γάμος Τωβια μετ’ εὐφροσύνης ἑπτὰ ἡμέρας Tb 11:19
And Tobias’ wedding was kept for seven days with great joy.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard