Τωβὶτ BA Tobit BA (Codices Vaticanus and Alexandrinus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 4:1 1 ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ἐκείνῃ ἐμνήσθη Τωβιτ περὶ τοῦ ἀργυρίου οὗ παρέθετο Γαβαηλ ἐν Ῥάγοις τῆς Μηδίας Tb 4:1
¶On that day Tobit remembered the money which he had committed to Gabael in Rages of Media,
- - - 2 Tb 4:2 2 καὶ εἶπεν ἐν ἑαυτῷ ἐγὼ ᾐτησάμην θάνατον τί οὐ καλῶ Τωβιαν τὸν υἱόν μου ἵνα αὐτῷ ὑποδείξω πρὶν ἀποθανεῖν με Tb 4:2
and he said to himself, “I have wished for death; therefore should I not call for my son Tobias so that I may transfer the money to him before I die?”
- - - 3 Tb 4:3 3 καὶ καλέσας αὐτὸν εἶπεν παιδίον ἐὰν ἀποθάνω θάψον με καὶ μὴ ὑπερίδῃς τὴν μητέρα σου τίμα αὐτὴν πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας τῆς ζωῆς σου καὶ ποίει τὸ ἀρεστὸν αὐτῇ καὶ μὴ λυπήσῃς αὐτήν Tb 4:3
And when he had called him, he said, “My son, when I am dead, bury me; and do not despise your mother, but honor her all the days of your life, and do what pleases her, and do not grieve her.
- - - 4 Tb 4:4 4 μνήσθητι παιδίον ὅτι πολλοὺς κινδύνους ἑόρακεν ἐπὶ σοὶ ἐν τῇ κοιλίᾳ ὅταν ἀποθάνῃ θάψον αὐτὴν παρ’ ἐμοὶ ἐν ἑνὶ τάφῳ Tb 4:4
Remember, my son, that she endured many dangers for you, when you were in her womb; and when she is dead, bury her next to me in one grave.
- - - 5 Tb 4:5 5 πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας παιδίον κυρίου τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν μνημόνευε καὶ μὴ θελήσῃς ἁμαρτάνειν καὶ παραβῆναι τὰς ἐντολὰς αὐτοῦ δικαιοσύνην ποίει πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας τῆς ζωῆς σου καὶ μὴ πορευθῇς ταῖς ὁδοῖς τῆς ἀδικίας Tb 4:5
My son, be mindful of the Lord our God all your days, and do not let your will be set to sin, nor to transgress his commandments; act uprightly all your life long, and do not follow the ways of the unrighteousness.
- - - 6 Tb 4:6 6 διότι ποιοῦντός σου τὴν ἀλήθειαν εὐοδίαι ἔσονται ἐν τοῖς ἔργοις σου Tb 4:6
For if you deal truly, your actions shall bring prosperity to you and to all those who live justly.
- - - 7 Tb 4:7 7 καὶ πᾶσι τοῖς ποιοῦσι τὴν δικαιοσύνην ἐκ τῶν ὑπαρχόντων σοι ποίει ἐλεημοσύνην καὶ μὴ φθονεσάτω σου ὁ ὀφθαλμὸς ἐν τῷ ποιεῖν σε ἐλεημοσύνην μὴ ἀποστρέψῃς τὸ πρόσωπόν σου ἀπὸ παντὸς πτωχοῦ καὶ ἀπὸ σοῦ οὐ μὴ ἀποστραφῇ τὸ πρόσωπον τοῦ θεοῦ Tb 4:7
¶“Give alms from your resources; and when you give alms, do not let your eye be envious, nor turn your face from any of the poor, and then the face of God shall not be turned away from you.
- - - 8 Tb 4:8 8 ὡς σοὶ ὑπάρχει κατὰ τὸ πλῆθος ποίησον ἐξ αὐτῶν ἐλεημοσύνην ἐὰν ὀλίγον σοι ὑπάρχῃ κατὰ τὸ ὀλίγον μὴ φοβοῦ ποιεῖν ἐλεημοσύνην Tb 4:8
If you have abundance, give alms accordingly; if you have only a little, do not be afraid to give according to that little;
- - - 9 Tb 4:9 9 θέμα γὰρ ἀγαθὸν θησαυρίζεις σεαυτῷ εἰς ἡμέραν ἀνάγκης Tb 4:9
for you will store up a good treasure for yourself against the day of necessity,
- - - 10 Tb 4:10 10 διότι ἐλεημοσύνη ἐκ θανάτου ῥύεται καὶ οὐκ ἐᾷ εἰσελθεῖν εἰς τὸ σκότος Tb 4:10
because alms deliver from death and preserve from falling into darkness.
- - - 11 Tb 4:11 11 δῶρον γὰρ ἀγαθόν ἐστιν ἐλεημοσύνη πᾶσι τοῖς ποιοῦσιν αὐτὴν ἐνώπιον τοῦ ὑψίστου Tb 4:11
For alms is a good gift, for all those who give it, in the sight of the most High.
- - - 12 Tb 4:12 12 πρόσεχε σεαυτῷ παιδίον ἀπὸ πάσης πορνείας καὶ γυναῖκα πρῶτον λαβὲ ἀπὸ τοῦ σπέρματος τῶν πατέρων σου μὴ λάβῃς γυναῖκα ἀλλοτρίαν ἣ οὐκ ἔστιν ἐκ τῆς φυλῆς τοῦ πατρός σου διότι υἱοὶ προφητῶν ἐσμεν Νωε Αβρααμ Ισαακ Ιακωβ οἱ πατέρες ἡμῶν ἀπὸ τοῦ αἰῶνος μνήσθητι παιδίον ὅτι οὗτοι πάντες ἔλαβον γυναῖκας ἐκ τῶν ἀδελφῶν αὐτῶν καὶ εὐλογήθησαν ἐν τοῖς τέκνοις αὐτῶν καὶ τὸ σπέρμα αὐτῶν κληρονομήσει γῆν Tb 4:12
Beware of all whoredom, my son, and prefer to take a wife from the posterity of your forefathers, and do not take a strange woman to wife, who is not of your father’s tribe; for we are the children of the prophets, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Remember, my son, that our fathers from the beginning, all of them married wives of their own kindred, and were blessed in their children, and their posterity shall inherit the land.
- - - 13 Tb 4:13 13 καὶ νῦν παιδίον ἀγάπα τοὺς ἀδελφούς σου καὶ μὴ ὑπερηφανεύου τῇ καρδίᾳ σου ἀπὸ τῶν ἀδελφῶν σου καὶ τῶν υἱῶν καὶ θυγατέρων τοῦ λαοῦ σου λαβεῖν σεαυτῷ ἐξ αὐτῶν γυναῖκα διότι ἐν τῇ ὑπερηφανίᾳ ἀπώλεια καὶ ἀκαταστασία πολλή καὶ ἐν τῇ ἀχρειότητι ἐλάττωσις καὶ ἔνδεια μεγάλη ἡ γὰρ ἀχρειότης μήτηρ ἐστὶν τοῦ λιμοῦ Tb 4:13
Now therefore, my son, love your brethren, and do not despise in your heart your brethren, the sons and daughters of your people, by not taking a wife from among them; for in pride is destruction and much trouble, and in lewdness is decay and great want; for lewdness is the mother of famine.
- - - 14 Tb 4:14 14 μισθὸς παντὸς ἀνθρώπου ὃς ἐὰν ἐργάσηται παρὰ σοὶ μὴ αὐλισθήτω ἀλλὰ ἀπόδος αὐτῷ παραυτίκα καὶ ἐὰν δουλεύσῃς τῷ θεῷ ἀποδοθήσεταί σοι πρόσεχε σεαυτῷ παιδίον ἐν πᾶσι τοῖς ἔργοις σου καὶ ἴσθι πεπαιδευμένος ἐν πάσῃ ἀναστροφῇ σου Tb 4:14
¶“Do not let the wages of any man, who has worked for you, be delayed by you, but give it to him promptly; for if you serve God, he will also repay you. Be prudent, my son, in all things you do, and be wise in all your conversation.
- - - 15 Tb 4:15 15 καὶ ὃ μισεῖς μηδενὶ ποιήσῃς οἶνον εἰς μέθην μὴ πίῃς καὶ μὴ πορευθήτω μετὰ σοῦ μέθη ἐν τῇ ὁδῷ σου Tb 4:15
Do not do to any man the things which you yourself hate. Do not drink wine to make you drunken; neither let drunkenness go with you on your journey.
- - - 16 Tb 4:16 16 ἐκ τοῦ ἄρτου σου δίδου πεινῶντι καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἱματίων σου τοῖς γυμνοῖς πᾶν ὃ ἐὰν περισσεύσῃ σοι ποίει ἐλεημοσύνην καὶ μὴ φθονεσάτω σου ὁ ὀφθαλμὸς ἐν τῷ ποιεῖν σε ἐλεημοσύνην Tb 4:16
Give of your bread to the hungry, and of your garments to those who are naked; and according to your abundance give alms; and do not let your eye be envious, when you give alms.
- - - 17 Tb 4:17 17 ἔκχεον τοὺς ἄρτους σου ἐπὶ τὸν τάφον τῶν δικαίων καὶ μὴ δῷς τοῖς ἁμαρτωλοῖς Tb 4:17
Pour out your bread on the burial of the just, but give nothing to the wicked.
- - - 18 Tb 4:18 18 συμβουλίαν παρὰ παντὸς φρονίμου ζήτησον καὶ μὴ καταφρονήσῃς ἐπὶ πάσης συμβουλίας χρησίμης Tb 4:18
Ask counsel of all who are wise, and despise not any counsel which is beneficial.
- - - 19 Tb 4:19 19 καὶ ἐν παντὶ καιρῷ εὐλόγει κύριον τὸν θεὸν καὶ παρ’ αὐτοῦ αἴτησον ὅπως αἱ ὁδοί σου εὐθεῖαι γένωνται καὶ πᾶσαι αἱ τρίβοι καὶ βουλαὶ εὐοδωθῶσιν διότι πᾶν ἔθνος οὐκ ἔχει βουλήν ἀλλὰ αὐτὸς ὁ κύριος δίδωσιν πάντα τὰ ἀγαθὰ καὶ ὃν ἐὰν θέλῃ ταπεινοῖ καθὼς βούλεται καὶ νῦν παιδίον μνημόνευε τῶν ἐντολῶν μου καὶ μὴ ἐξαλειφθήτωσαν ἐκ τῆς καρδίας σου Tb 4:19
¶“Bless the Lord your God always, and desire of him that your ways may be purposeful, and that all your paths and counsels may prosper; for not every nation has counsel; but the Lord himself gives all good things, and he humbles whom he will, as he will; now therefore, my son, remember my commandments, neither let them be put out of your mind.
- - - 20 Tb 4:20 20 καὶ νῦν ὑποδεικνύω σοι τὰ δέκα τάλαντα τοῦ ἀργυρίου ἃ παρεθέμην Γαβαήλῳ τῷ τοῦ Γαβρια ἐν Ῥάγοις τῆς Μηδίας Tb 4:20
And now I signify this to those who I committed ten talents, to Gabael the son of Gabrias at Rages in Media.
- - - 21 Tb 4:21 21 καὶ μὴ φοβοῦ παιδίον ὅτι ἐπτωχεύσαμεν ὑπάρχει σοι πολλά ἐὰν φοβηθῇς τὸν θεὸν καὶ ἀποστῇς ἀπὸ πάσης ἁμαρτίας καὶ ποιήσῃς τὸ ἀρεστὸν ἐνώπιον αὐτοῦ Tb 4:21
And do not be afraid, my son, that we might become poor; for you have much wealth, if you fear God and depart from all sin and do what is pleasing in his sight.”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard