Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 1:1 1 βίβλος λόγων Τωβιθ τοῦ Τωβιηλ τοῦ Ανανιηλ τοῦ Αδουηλ τοῦ Γαβαηλ τοῦ Ραφαηλ τοῦ Ραγουηλ ἐκ τοῦ σπέρματος Ασιηλ ἐκ φυλῆς Νεφθαλιμ Tb 1:1
¶The book of the words of Tobit, son of Tobiel, the son of Ananiel, the son of Aduel, the son of Gabael, a descendent of Asael, of the tribe of Naphtali,
- - - 2 Tb 1:2 2 ὃς ᾐχμαλωτεύθη ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις Ενεμεσσαρου τοῦ βασιλέως τῶν Ἀσσυρίων ἐκ Θισβης ἥ ἐστιν ἐκ δεξιῶν Κυδιως τῆς Νεφθαλιμ ἐν τῇ ἄνω Γαλιλαίᾳ ὑπεράνω Ασσηρ ὀπίσω ὁδοῦ δυσμῶν ἡλίου ἐξ ἀριστερῶν Φογωρ Tb 1:2
who, in the time of Shalmaneser king of the Assyrians, was led captive out of Thisbe, which is at the right hand of that city, which is properly called Naphtali, in Galilee above Asher.
- - - 3 Tb 1:3 3 ἐγὼ Τωβιθ ὁδοῖς ἀληθείας ἐπορευόμην καὶ ἐν δικαιοσύναις πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας τῆς ζωῆς μου καὶ ἐλεημοσύνας πολλὰς ἐποίησα τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς μου καὶ τῷ ἔθνει μου τοῖς πορευθεῖσιν μετ’ ἐμοῦ ἐν τῇ αἰχμαλωσίᾳ εἰς τὴν χώραν τῶν Ἀσσυρίων εἰς Νινευη Tb 1:3
¶I, Tobit, have walked all the days of my life in the ways of truth and justice, and I performed many charitable deeds for my brethren and my nation, who came with me to Nineveh into the land of the Assyrians.
- - - 4 Tb 1:4 4 καὶ ὅτε ἤμην ἐν τῇ χώρᾳ μου ἐν γῇ Ισραηλ καὶ ὅτε ἤμην νέος πᾶσα ἡ φυλὴ Νεφθαλιμ τοῦ πατρός μου ἀπέστησαν ἀπὸ τοῦ οἴκου Δαυιδ τοῦ πατρός μου καὶ ἀπὸ Ιερουσαλημ πόλεως τῆς ἐκλεγείσης ἐκ πασῶν φυλῶν Ισραηλ εἰς τὸ θυσιάζειν πάσαις φυλαῖς Ισραηλ καὶ ἡγιάσθη ὁ ναὸς τῆς κατασκηνώσεως τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ ᾠκοδομήθη ἐν αὐτῇ εἰς πάσας τὰς γενεὰς τοῦ αἰῶνος Tb 1:4
And when I was in my own country, in the land of Israel, in my youth, with all the tribe of Naphtali, my father fell away from the house of Jerusalem, which was chosen out of all the tribes of Israel so that all the tribes should sacrifice there, where the Temple of the dwelling place of the most High was consecrated and built for all ages.
- - - 5 Tb 1:5 5 πάντες οἱ ἀδελφοί μου καὶ ὁ οἶκος Νεφθαλιμ τοῦ πατρός μου ἐθυσίαζον ἐκεῖνοι τῷ μόσχῳ ὃν ἐποίησεν Ιεροβεαμ ὁ βασιλεὺς Ισραηλ ἐν Δαν ἐπὶ πάντων ὀρέων τῆς Γαλιλαίας Tb 1:5
Now all the tribes which revolted together, and the house of my father Naphtali, sacrificed to the heifer Baal.
- - - 6 Tb 1:6 6 κἀγὼ μονώτατος ἐπορευόμην πολλάκις εἰς Ιεροσόλυμα ἐν ταῖς ἑορταῖς καθὼς γέγραπται ἐν παντὶ Ισραηλ ἐν προστάγματι αἰωνίῳ τὰς ἀπαρχὰς καὶ τὰ πρωτογενήματα καὶ τὰς δεκάτας τῶν κτηνῶν καὶ τὰς πρωτοκουρίας τῶν προβάτων ἔχων ἀπέτρεχον εἰς Ιεροσόλυμα Tb 1:6
But I alone went often to Jerusalem at the feasts, as it was ordained for all the people of Israel by an everlasting decree, bringing the first fruits and tenths of increase, with the first-shorn sheep, and these I gave at the altar to the priests, the children of Aaron.
- - - 7 Tb 1:7 7 καὶ ἐδίδουν αὐτὰ τοῖς ἱερεῦσιν τοῖς υἱοῖς Ααρων πρὸς τὸ θυσιαστήριον καὶ τὴν δεκάτην τοῦ σίτου καὶ τοῦ οἴνου καὶ ἐλαίου καὶ ῥοῶν καὶ τῶν σύκων καὶ τῶν λοιπῶν ἀκροδρύων τοῖς υἱοῖς Λευι τοῖς θεραπεύουσιν ἐν Ιερουσαλημ καὶ τὴν δεκάτην τὴν δευτέραν ἀπεδεκάτιζον ἀργυρίῳ τῶν ἓξ ἐτῶν καὶ ἐπορευόμην καὶ ἐδαπάνων αὐτὰ ἐν Ιερουσαλημ καθ’ ἕκαστον ἐνιαυτόν Tb 1:7
The first tenth part of all increase I gave to the sons of Aaron, who ministered at Jerusalem; another tenth part I sold, and went, and spent it every year at Jerusalem;
- - - 8 Tb 1:8 8 καὶ ἐδίδουν αὐτὰ τοῖς ὀρφανοῖς καὶ ταῖς χήραις καὶ προσηλύτοις τοῖς προσκειμένοις τοῖς υἱοῖς Ισραηλ εἰσέφερον καὶ ἐδίδουν αὐτοῖς ἐν τῷ τρίτῳ ἔτει καὶ ἠσθίομεν αὐτὰ κατὰ τὸ πρόσταγμα τὸ προστεταγμένον περὶ αὐτῶν ἐν τῷ νόμῳ Μωσῆ καὶ κατὰ τὰς ἐντολάς ἃς ἐνετείλατο Δεββωρα ἡ μήτηρ Ανανιηλ τοῦ πατρὸς ἡμῶν ὅτι ὀρφανὸν κατέλιπέν με ὁ πατὴρ καὶ ἀπέθανεν Tb 1:8
and the third I gave to those who were in need, as Deborah my father’s mother had commanded me, because I was left an orphan by my father.
- - - 9 Tb 1:9 9 καὶ ὅτε ἐγενήθην ἀνήρ ἔλαβον γυναῖκα ἐκ τοῦ σπέρματος τῆς πατριᾶς ἡμῶν καὶ ἐγέννησα ἐξ αὐτῆς υἱὸν καὶ ἐκάλεσα τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Τωβιαν Tb 1:9
Furthermore, when I had reached the age of a man, I married Anna of my own kindred, and of her, I fathered Tobias.
- - - 10 Tb 1:10 10 μετὰ τὸ αἰχμαλωτισθῆναί με εἰς Ἀσσυρίους καὶ ὅτε ᾐχμαλωτίσθην εἰς Νινευη ἐπορευόμην καὶ πάντες οἱ ἀδελφοί μου καὶ οἱ ἐκ τοῦ γένους μου ἤσθιον ἐκ τῶν ἄρτων τῶν ἐθνῶν Tb 1:10
¶And when we were carried away captives to Nineveh, all my brethren and those who were of my kindred ate of the bread of the Gentiles.
- - - 11 Tb 1:11 11 ἐγὼ δὲ συνετήρησα τὴν ψυχήν μου μὴ φαγεῖν ἐκ τῶν ἄρτων τῶν ἐθνῶν Tb 1:11
But I kept myself from eating,
- - - 12 Tb 1:12 12 καὶ ὅτε ἐμεμνήμην τοῦ θεοῦ μου ἐν ὅλῃ ψυχῇ μου Tb 1:12
because I remembered God with all my heart.
- - - 13 Tb 1:13 13 καὶ ἔδωκέν μοι ὁ ὕψιστος χάριν καὶ μορφὴν ἐνώπιον Ενεμεσσαρου καὶ ἠγόραζον αὐτῷ πάντα τὰ πρὸς τὴν χρῆσιν Tb 1:13
And the most High gave me grace and favor before Shalmaneser, so that I was his purveyor.
- - - 14 Tb 1:14 14 καὶ ἐπορευόμην εἰς Μηδίαν καὶ ἠγόραζον αὐτῷ ἐκεῖθεν ἕως αὐτὸν ἀποθανεῖν καὶ παρεθέμην Γαβαήλῳ βαλλάντια τῷ ἀδελφῷ τῷ Γαβρι ἐν τῇ χώρᾳ τῆς Μηδίας ἀργυρίου τάλαντα δέκα Tb 1:14
And I went into Media, and I left in trust with Gabael, the brother of Gabrias, at Rages a city of Media, ten talents of silver.
- - - 15 Tb 1:15 15 καὶ ὅτε ἀπέθανεν Ενεμασσαρ καὶ ἐβασίλευσεν Σενναχηριμ υἱὸς αὐτοῦ ἀντ’ αὐτοῦ καὶ αἱ ὁδοὶ τῆς Μηδίας ἀπέστησαν καὶ οὐκέτι ἠδυνάσθην πορευθῆναι εἰς τὴν Μηδίαν Tb 1:15
Now when Shalmaneser was dead, Sennacherib his son reigned in his place; but his reign was troubled so that I could not go into Media.
- - - 16 Tb 1:16 16 ἐν ταῖς ἡμέραις Ενεμεσσαρου ἐλεημοσύνας πολλὰς ἐποίησα τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς μου τοῖς ἐκ τοῦ γένους μου Tb 1:16
And in the time of Shalmaneser I gave many alms to my brethren and gave my bread to the hungry,
- - - 17 Tb 1:17 17 τοὺς ἄρτους μου ἐδίδουν τοῖς πεινῶσιν καὶ ἱμάτια τοῖς γυμνοῖς καὶ εἴ τινα τῶν ἐκ τοῦ ἔθνους μου ἐθεώρουν τεθνηκότα καὶ ἐρριμμένον ὀπίσω τοῦ τείχους Νινευη ἔθαπτον αὐτόν Tb 1:17
and my clothes to the naked; and if I saw any of my nation dead, or cast out around the walls of Nineveh, I buried him.
- - - 18 Tb 1:18 18 καὶ εἴ τινα ἀπέκτεινεν Σενναχηριμ ὅτε ἀπῆλθεν φεύγων ἐκ τῆς Ιουδαίας ἐν ἡμέραις τῆς κρίσεως ἧς ἐποίησεν ἐξ αὐτοῦ ὁ βασιλεὺς τοῦ οὐρανοῦ περὶ τῶν βλασφημιῶν ὧν ἐβλασφήμησεν ἔθαψα πολλοὺς γὰρ ἀπέκτεινεν ἐν τῷ θυμῷ αὐτοῦ ἐκ τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ καὶ ἔκλεπτον τὰ σώματα αὐτῶν καὶ ἔθαπτον καὶ ἐζήτησεν αὐτὰ Σενναχηριμ καὶ οὐχ εὗρεν αὐτά Tb 1:18
And if the king Sennacherib had slain anyone, when he arrived and fled from Judea, I buried them privately; for in his wrath he killed many, but the bodies were not found when they were sought by the king.
- - - 19 Tb 1:19 19 καὶ ἐπορεύθη εἷς τις τῶν ἐκ τῆς Νινευη καὶ ὑπέδειξεν τῷ βασιλεῖ περὶ ἐμοῦ ὅτι ἐγὼ θάπτω αὐτούς καὶ ἐκρύβην καὶ ὅτε ἐπέγνων ὅτι ἔγνω περὶ ἐμοῦ ὁ βασιλεὺς καὶ ὅτι ζητοῦμαι τοῦ ἀποθανεῖν ἐφοβήθην καὶ ἀπέδρασα Tb 1:19
¶And when one of the Ninevites went and complained to the king about me, that I buried them and hid myself, I understood that I was sought to be put to death, so I withdrew myself out of fear.
- - - 20 Tb 1:20 20 καὶ ἡρπάγη πάντα ὅσα ὑπῆρχέν μοι καὶ οὐ κατελείφθη μοι οὐδέν ὃ οὐκ ἀνελήμφθη εἰς τὸ βασιλικόν πλὴν Αννας τῆς γυναικός μου καὶ Τωβια τοῦ υἱοῦ μου Tb 1:20
Then all my goods were forcibly taken away, neither was there anything left for me, except my wife Anna and my son Tobias.
- - - 21 Tb 1:21 21 καὶ οὐ διῆλθον ἡμέραι τεσσαράκοντα ἕως οὗ ἀπέκτειναν αὐτὸν οἱ δύο υἱοὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔφυγον εἰς τὰ ὄρη Αραρατ καὶ ἐβασίλευσεν Σαχερδονος υἱὸς αὐτοῦ μετ’ αὐτόν καὶ ἔταξεν Αχιχαρον τὸν Αναηλ τὸν τοῦ ἀδελφοῦ μου υἱὸν ἐπὶ πᾶσαν τὴν ἐκλογιστίαν τῆς βασιλείας αὐτοῦ καὶ αὐτὸς εἶχεν τὴν ἐξουσίαν ἐπὶ πᾶσαν τὴν διοίκησιν Tb 1:21
And before fifty-five days had passed, two of his sons killed him and they fled into the mountains of Ararath; and Sarchedonus his son reigned in his place; he appointed, over his father’s accounts and over all his affairs, Achiacharus, my brother Anael’s son.
- - - 22 Tb 1:22 22 τότε ἠξίωσεν Αχιχαρος περὶ ἐμοῦ καὶ κατῆλθον εἰς τὴν Νινευη Αχιχαρος γὰρ ἦν ὁ ἀρχιοινοχόος καὶ ἐπὶ τοῦ δακτυλίου καὶ διοικητὴς καὶ ἐκλογιστῆς ἐπὶ Σενναχηριμ βασιλέως Ἀσσυρίων καὶ κατέστησεν αὐτὸν Σαχερδονος ἐκ δευτέρας ἦν δὲ ἐξάδελφός μου καὶ ἐκ τῆς συγγενείας μου Tb 1:22
And since Achiacharus petitioned for me, I returned to Nineveh. Now Achiacharus was cupbearer and keeper of the signet and steward and overseer of the accounts; and Sarchedonus appointed him next to him; and he was my brother’s son.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard