Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 13:1 1 καὶ εἶπεν Tb 13:1
¶Then Tobit wrote a prayer of rejoicing and said, “Blessed be God who lives for ever and blessed be his kingdom.
- - - 2 Tb 13:2 2 εὐλογητὸς ὁ θεὸς ὁ ζῶν εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα καὶ ἡ βασιλεία αὐτοῦ ὅτι αὐτὸς μαστιγοῖ καὶ ἐλεᾷ κατάγει ἕως ᾅδου κατωτάτω τῆς γῆς καὶ αὐτὸς ἀνάγει ἐκ τῆς ἀπωλείας τῆς μεγάλης καὶ οὐκ ἔστιν οὐδέν ὃ ἐκφεύξεται τὴν χεῖρα αὐτοῦ Tb 13:2
For he scourges and has mercy; he leads down to hell and brings up again; neither is there any who can avoid his hand.
- - - 3 Tb 13:3 3 ἐξομολογεῖσθε αὐτῷ οἱ υἱοὶ Ισραηλ ἐνώπιον τῶν ἐθνῶν ὅτι αὐτὸς διέσπειρεν ὑμᾶς ἐν αὐτοῖς Tb 13:3
Confess him before the Gentiles, you children of Israel, for he has scattered us among them.
- - - 4 Tb 13:4 4 καὶ ἐκεῖ ὑπέδειξεν ὑμῖν τὴν μεγαλωσύνην αὐτοῦ καὶ ὑψοῦτε αὐτὸν ἐνώπιον παντὸς ζῶντος καθότι αὐτὸς ἡμῶν κύριός ἐστιν καὶ αὐτὸς θεὸς ἡμῶν καὶ αὐτὸς πατὴρ ἡμῶν καὶ αὐτὸς θεὸς εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας Tb 13:4
There declare his greatness and extol him before all the living, for he is our Lord and he is the God our Father for ever.
- - - 5 Tb 13:5 5 μαστιγώσει ὑμᾶς ἐπὶ ταῖς ἀδικίαις ὑμῶν καὶ πάντας ὑμᾶς ἐλεήσει ἐκ πάντων τῶν ἐθνῶν ὅπου ἂν διασκορπισθῆτε ἐν αὐτοῖς Tb 13:5
And he will scourge us for our iniquities, and will have mercy again, and will gather us out of all the nations among whom he has scattered us.
- - - 6 Tb 13:6 6 ὅταν ἐπιστρέψητε πρὸς αὐτὸν ἐν ὅλῃ τῇ καρδίᾳ ὑμῶν καὶ ἐν ὅλῃ τῇ ψυχῇ ὑμῶν ποιῆσαι ἐνώπιον αὐτοῦ ἀλήθειαν τότε ἐπιστρέψει πρὸς ὑμᾶς καὶ οὐ μὴ κρύψῃ τὸ πρόσωπον αὐτοῦ ἀφ’ ὑμῶν οὐκέτι Tb 13:6
If you turn to him with your whole heart and with your whole mind and deal uprightly before him, then he will turn to you and will not hide his face from you. Therefore see what he will do with you, and confess him with your whole mouth, and praise the Lord of might, and extol the everlasting King. In the land of my captivity, I praise him and declare his might and majesty to a sinful nation. O you sinners, turn and do justice before him; who can tell if he will accept you and have mercy on you?
- - - 7 7 7 καὶ νῦν θεάσασθε ἃ ἐποίησεν μεθ’ ὑμῶν καὶ ἐξομολογήσασθε αὐτῷ ἐν ὅλῳ τῷ στόματι ὑμῶν καὶ εὐλογήσατε τὸν κύριον τῆς δικαιοσύνης καὶ ὑψώσατε τὸν βασιλέα τῶν αἰώνων 7 - - - 8 8 8 8 - - - 9 Tb 13:7 9 Tb 13:7
¶“I will extol my God and my soul shall praise the King of heaven and shall rejoice in his greatness.
- - - 10 Tb 13:8-9 10 Tb 13:8-9
(8) Let all men speak and let all praise him for his righteousness. (9) O Jerusalem, the holy city, he will scourge you for your children’s works and will have mercy again on the sons of the righteous.
- - - 11 Tb 13:10 11 καὶ πάλιν ἡ σκηνή σου οἰκοδομηθήσεταί σοι μετὰ χαρᾶς Tb 13:10
Give praise to the Lord, for he is good, and praise the everlasting King, so that his tabernacle may be built in you again with joy; and there let him make joyful in you those who are captives, and love in you for ever those who are miserable.
- - - 12 12 12 καὶ εὐφράναι ἐν σοὶ πάντας τοὺς αἰχμαλώτους καὶ ἀγαπήσαι ἐν σοὶ πάντας τοὺς ταλαιπώρους εἰς πάσας τὰς γενεὰς τοῦ αἰῶνος 12 - - - 13 Tb 13:11 13 φῶς λαμπρὸν λάμψει εἰς πάντα τὰ πέρατα τῆς γῆς ἔθνη πολλὰ μακρόθεν ἥξει σοι καὶ κάτοικοι πάντων τῶν ἐσχάτων τῆς γῆς πρὸς τὸ ὄνομα τὸ ἅγιόν σου καὶ τὰ δῶρα αὐτῶν ἐν ταῖς χερσὶν αὐτῶν ἔχοντες τῷ βασιλεῖ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ γενεαὶ γενεῶν δώσουσιν ἐν σοὶ ἀγαλλίαμα καὶ ὄνομα τῆς ἐκλεκτῆς εἰς τὰς γενεὰς τοῦ αἰῶνος Tb 13:11
Many nations shall come from far to the name of the Lord God with gifts in their hands, with gifts to the King of heaven; all generations shall praise you with great joy.
- - - 14 Tb 13:12 14 ἐπικατάρατοι πάντες οἳ ἐροῦσιν λόγον σκληρόν ἐπικατάρατοι ἔσονται πάντες οἱ καθαιροῦντές σε καὶ κατασπῶντες τὰ τείχη σου καὶ πάντες οἱ ἀνατρέποντες τοὺς πύργους σου καὶ ἐμπυρίζοντες τὰς οἰκήσεις σου καὶ εὐλογητοὶ ἔσονται πάντες εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα οἱ φοβούμενοί σε Tb 13:12
Cursed are all those who hate you and blessed shall be all those who love you for ever.
- - - 15 Tb 13:13 15 τότε πορεύθητι καὶ ἀγαλλίασαι πρὸς τοὺς υἱοὺς τῶν δικαίων ὅτι πάντες ἐπισυναχθήσονται καὶ εὐλογήσουσιν τὸν κύριον τοῦ αἰῶνος μακάριοι οἱ ἀγαπῶντές σε καὶ μακάριοι οἳ χαρήσονται ἐπὶ τῇ εἰρήνῃ σου Tb 13:13
Rejoice and be glad for the children of the just, for they shall be gathered together and shall bless the Lord of the just.
- - - 16 Tb 13:14-15 16 καὶ μακάριοι πάντες οἱ ἄνθρωποι οἳ ἐπὶ σοὶ λυπηθήσονται ἐπὶ πάσαις ταῖς μάστιξίν σου ὅτι ἐν σοὶ χαρήσονται καὶ ὄψονται πᾶσαν τὴν χαράν σου εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα ἡ ψυχή μου εὐλόγει τὸν κύριον τὸν βασιλέα τὸν μέγαν Tb 13:14-15
(14) O blessed are those who love you, for they shall rejoice in your peace. Blessed are those who have been sorrowful for all your scourges, for they shall rejoice for you, when they have seen all your glory, and shall be glad for ever. (15) Let my soul bless God the great King.
- - - 17 Tb 13:16-17 17 ὅτι Ιερουσαλημ οἰκοδομηθήσεται τῇ πόλει οἶκος αὐτοῦ εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας μακάριος ἔσομαι ἂν γένηται τὸ κατάλειμμα τοῦ σπέρματός μου ἰδεῖν τὴν δόξαν σου καὶ ἐξομολογήσασθαι τῷ βασιλεῖ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καὶ αἱ θύραι Ιερουσαλημ σαπφείρῳ καὶ σμαράγδῳ οἰκοδομηθήσονται καὶ λίθῳ τιμίῳ πάντα τὰ τείχη σου οἱ πύργοι Ιερουσαλημ χρυσίῳ οἰκοδομηθήσονται καὶ οἱ προμαχῶνες αὐτῶν χρυσίῳ καθαρῷ αἱ πλατεῖαι Ιερουσαλημ ἄνθρακι ψηφολογηθήσονται καὶ λίθῳ Σουφιρ Tb 13:16-17
(16) For Jerusalem shall be built up with sapphires and emeralds and precious stone, your walls and towers and battlements with pure gold. (17) And the streets of Jerusalem shall be paved with beryl and carbuncle and stones of Ophir.
- - - 18 Tb 13:18 18 καὶ αἱ θύραι Ιερουσαλημ ᾠδὰς ἀγαλλιάματος ἐροῦσιν καὶ πᾶσαι αἱ οἰκίαι αὐτῆς ἐροῦσιν αλληλουια εὐλογητὸς ὁ θεὸς τοῦ Ισραηλ καὶ εὐλογητοὶ εὐλογήσουσιν τὸ ὄνομα τὸ ἅγιον εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα καὶ ἔτι Tb 13:18
And all her streets shall say, ‘Alleluia,’ and they shall praise him, saying, ‘Blessed be God, who has extolled it for ever.’”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard