Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 3:1 1 καὶ περίλυπος γενόμενος τῇ ψυχῇ καὶ στενάξας ἔκλαυσα καὶ ἠρξάμην προσεύχεσθαι μετὰ στεναγμῶν Tb 3:1
¶Then I was grieved and I wept, and in my sorrow I prayed, saying,
- - - 2 Tb 3:2 2 δίκαιος εἶ κύριε καὶ πάντα τὰ ἔργα σου δίκαια καὶ πᾶσαι αἱ ὁδοί σου ἐλεημοσύνη καὶ ἀλήθεια σὺ κρίνεις τὸν αἰῶνα Tb 3:2
“O Lord, you are just, and all your works and all your ways are mercy and truth, and you judge truly and justly for ever.
- - - 3 Tb 3:3 3 καὶ νῦν σύ κύριε μνήσθητί μου καὶ ἐπίβλεψον καὶ μή με ἐκδικήσῃς ταῖς ἁμαρτίαις μου καὶ ἐν τοῖς ἀγνοήμασίν μου καὶ τῶν πατέρων μου οἷς ἥμαρτον ἐναντίον σου Tb 3:3
Remember me and look upon me, do not punish me for my sins and my ignorance, nor for the sins of my fathers, who sinned before you,
- - - 4 Tb 3:4 4 καὶ παρήκουσα τῶν ἐντολῶν σου καὶ ἔδωκας ἡμᾶς εἰς ἁρπαγὴν καὶ αἰχμαλωσίαν καὶ θάνατον καὶ εἰς παραβολὴν καὶ λάλημα καὶ ὀνειδισμὸν ἐν πᾶσιν τοῖς ἔθνεσιν ἐν οἷς ἡμᾶς διεσκόρπισας Tb 3:4
for they did not obey your commandments. Therefore you have delivered us as spoil, and into captivity, and to death, and as a proverb of reproach to all the nations among whom we are dispersed.
- - - 5 Tb 3:5 5 καὶ νῦν πολλαί σου αἱ κρίσεις ὑπάρχουσιν ἀληθιναὶ ποιῆσαι ἐξ ἐμοῦ περὶ τῶν ἁμαρτιῶν μου ὅτι οὐκ ἐποιήσαμεν τὰς ἐντολάς σου καὶ οὐκ ἐπορεύθημεν ἀληθινῶς ἐνώπιόν σου Tb 3:5
And now your judgments are many and true. Deal with me according to my sins and my fathers’ sins, because we have not kept your commandments, nor have we walked in truth before you.
- - - 6 Tb 3:6 6 καὶ νῦν κατὰ τὸ ἀρεστόν σου ποίησον μετ’ ἐμοῦ καὶ ἐπίταξον ἀναλαβεῖν τὸ πνεῦμά μου ἐξ ἐμοῦ ὅπως ἀπολυθῶ ἀπὸ προσώπου τῆς γῆς καὶ γένωμαι γῆ διὸ λυσιτελεῖ μοι ἀποθανεῖν μᾶλλον ἢ ζῆν ὅτι ὀνειδισμοὺς ψευδεῖς ἤκουσα καὶ λύπη πολλὴ μετ’ ἐμοῦ κύριε ἐπίταξον ὅπως ἀπολυθῶ ἀπὸ τῆς ἀνάγκης ταύτης ἀπόλυσόν με εἰς τὸν τόπον τὸν αἰώνιον καὶ μὴ ἀποστρέψῃς τὸ πρόσωπόν σου κύριε ἀπ’ ἐμοῦ διὸ λυσιτελεῖ μοι ἀποθανεῖν μᾶλλον ἢ βλέπειν ἀνάγκην πολλὴν ἐν τῇ ζωῇ μου καὶ μὴ ἀκούειν ὀνειδισμούς Tb 3:6
Now therefore deal with me as it seems best to you, and command my spirit to be taken from me, so that I may be dissolved and become earth; for it is better for me to die than to live, because I have heard false reproaches and have much sorrow. Command therefore that I may now be delivered out of this distress and go into the everlasting place. Do not turn your face away from me.”
- - - 7 Tb 3:7 7 ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ταύτῃ συνέβη Σαρρα τῇ θυγατρὶ Ραγουηλ τοῦ ἐν Ἐκβατάνοις τῆς Μηδίας καὶ αὐτὴν ἀκοῦσαι ὀνειδισμοὺς ὑπὸ μιᾶς τῶν παιδισκῶν τοῦ πατρὸς ἑαυτῆς Tb 3:7
¶It happened the same day, in Ecbatane a city of Media, that Sarah the daughter of Raguel was also reproached by her father’s maids;
- - - 8 Tb 3:8 8 διότι ἦν ἐκδεδομένη ἀνδράσιν ἑπτά καὶ Ασμοδαῖος τὸ δαιμόνιον τὸ πονηρὸν ἀπέκτεννεν αὐτοὺς πρὶν ἢ γενέσθαι αὐτοὺς μετ’ αὐτῆς καθάπερ ἀποδεδειγμένον ἐστὶν ταῖς γυναιξίν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ ἡ παιδίσκη σὺ εἶ ἡ ἀποκτέννουσα τοὺς ἄνδρας σου ἰδοὺ ἤδη ἀπεκδέδοσαι ἑπτὰ ἀνδράσιν καὶ ἑνὸς αὐτῶν οὐκ ὠνομάσθης Tb 3:8
because she had been married to seven husbands, whom Asmodeus the evil spirit had killed, before they had lain with her. “Do you not know,” they said, “that you have strangled your husbands? You have already had seven husbands, yet you have not taken the name of any of them.
- - - 9 Tb 3:9 9 τί ἡμᾶς μαστιγοῖς περὶ τῶν ἀνδρῶν σου ὅτι ἀπέθανον βάδιζε μετ’ αὐτῶν καὶ μὴ ἴδοιμεν υἱόν σου μηδὲ θυγατέρα εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα Tb 3:9
So then, do you beat us because of them? If they are dead, go your way after them; let us never see either son or daughter from you.”
- - - 10 Tb 3:10 10 ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ἐκείνῃ ἐλυπήθη ἐν τῇ ψυχῇ καὶ ἔκλαυσεν καὶ ἀναβᾶσα εἰς τὸ ὑπερῷον τοῦ πατρὸς αὐτῆς ἠθέλησεν ἀπάγξασθαι καὶ πάλιν ἐλογίσατο καὶ λέγει μήποτε ὀνειδίσωσιν τὸν πατέρα μου καὶ ἐροῦσιν αὐτῷ μία σοι ὑπῆρχεν θυγάτηρ ἀγαπητὴ καὶ αὐτὴ ἀπήγξατο ἀπὸ τῶν κακῶν καὶ κατάξω τὸ γῆρας τοῦ πατρός μου μετὰ λύπης εἰς ᾅδου χρησιμώτερόν μοί ἐστιν μὴ ἀπάγξασθαι ἀλλὰ δεηθῆναι τοῦ κυρίου ὅπως ἀποθάνω καὶ μηκέτι ὀνειδισμοὺς ἀκούσω ἐν τῇ ζωῇ μου Tb 3:10
When she heard these things, she was very sorrowful, so that she thought about strangling herself; but she said, “I am the only daughter of my father, and if I do this, it shall be a reproach to him, and I shall bring his old age with sorrow to the grave.”
- - - 11 Tb 3:11 11 ἐν αὐτῷ τῷ καιρῷ διαπετάσασα τὰς χεῖρας πρὸς τὴν θυρίδα ἐδεήθη καὶ εἶπεν εὐλογητὸς εἶ θεὲ ἐλεήμων καὶ εὐλογητὸν τὸ ὄνομά σου εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας καὶ εὐλογησάτωσάν σε πάντα τὰ ἔργα σου εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα Tb 3:11
Then she prayed toward the window and said, “Blessed are you, O Lord my God, and your holy and glorious name is blessed and honorable for ever; let all your works praise you for ever.
- - - 12 Tb 3:12 12 καὶ νῦν ἐπὶ σὲ τὸ πρόσωπόν μου καὶ τοὺς ὀφθαλμούς μου ἀνέβλεψα Tb 3:12
And now, O Lord, I set my eyes and my face toward you,
- - - 13 Tb 3:13 13 εἰπὸν ἀπολυθῆναί με ἀπὸ τῆς γῆς καὶ μὴ ἀκούειν με μηκέτι ὀνειδισμούς Tb 3:13
and say, ‘Take me out of the earth, so that I may no longer hear this reproach.
- - - 14 Tb 3:14 14 σὺ γινώσκεις δέσποτα ὅτι καθαρά εἰμι ἀπὸ πάσης ἀκαθαρσίας ἀνδρὸς Tb 3:14
You know, Lord, that I am pure, free from all sin with man,
- - - 15 Tb 3:15 15 καὶ οὐχὶ ἐμόλυνά μου τὸ ὄνομα καὶ οὐδὲ τὸ ὄνομα τοῦ πατρός μου ἐν τῇ γῇ τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας μου μονογενής εἰμι τῷ πατρί μου καὶ οὐχ ὑπάρχει αὐτῷ ἕτερον τέκνον ἵνα κληρονομήσῃ αὐτόν οὐδὲ ἀδελφὸς αὐτῷ ἐγγὺς οὔτε συγγενὴς αὐτῷ ὑπάρχει ἵνα συντηρήσω ἐμαυτὴν αὐτῷ γυναῖκα ἤδη ἀπώλοντό μοι ἑπτά καὶ ἵνα τί μοί ἐστιν ἔτι ζῆν καὶ εἰ μή σοι δοκεῖ ἀποκτεῖναί με κύριε νῦν εἰσάκουσον ὀνειδισμόν μου Tb 3:15
and that I never polluted my name, nor the name of my father, in the land of my captivity. I am the only daughter of my father, and he has no child to be his heir; nor does he have any near kinsman, nor any son of a near kinsman alive, to whom I might give myself as a wife. My seven husbands are already dead and so why should I live? But if it does not please you that I should die, then command some regard to be given to me and pity to be taken on me, so that I will no longer hear reproach.’”
- - - 16 Tb 3:16 16 ἐν αὐτῷ τῷ καιρῷ εἰσηκούσθη ἡ προσευχὴ ἀμφοτέρων ἐνώπιον τῆς δόξης τοῦ θεοῦ Tb 3:16
¶So the prayers of them both were heard before the majesty of the great God.
- - - 17 Tb 3:17 17 καὶ ἀπεστάλη Ραφαηλ ἰάσασθαι τοὺς δύο Τωβιν ἀπολῦσαι τὰ λευκώματα ἀπὸ τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν αὐτοῦ ἵνα ἴδῃ τοῖς ὀφθαλμοῖς τὸ φῶς τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ Σαρραν τὴν Ραγουηλ δοῦναι αὐτὴν Τωβια τῷ υἱῷ Τωβιθ γυναῖκα καὶ λῦσαι Ασμοδαιον τὸ δαιμόνιον τὸ πονηρὸν ἀπ’ αὐτῆς διότι Τωβια ἐπιβάλλει κληρονομῆσαι αὐτὴν παρὰ πάντας τοὺς θέλοντας λαβεῖν αὐτήν ἐν ἐκείνῳ τῷ καιρῷ ἐπέστρεψεν Τωβιθ ἀπὸ τῆς αὐλῆς εἰς τὸν οἶκον αὐτοῦ καὶ Σαρρα ἡ τοῦ Ραγουηλ καὶ αὐτὴ κατέβη ἐκ τοῦ ὑπερῴου Tb 3:17
And Raphael was sent to heal them both, that is, to scale away the whiteness of Tobit’s eyes, and to give Sarah the daughter of Raguel as a wife to Tobias the son of Tobit; and to bind Asmodeus the evil spirit, because she belonged to Tobias by right of inheritance. At the very same time, Tobit came home and entered into his house, and Sarah the daughter of Raguel came down from her upper room.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard