Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 7:1 1 καὶ ὅτε εἰσῆλθεν εἰς Ἐκβάτανα λέγει αὐτῷ Αζαρια ἄδελφε ἀπάγαγέ με εὐθεῖαν πρὸς Ραγουηλ τὸν ἀδελφὸν ἡμῶν καὶ ἀπήγαγεν αὐτὸν εἰς τὸν οἶκον Ραγουήλου καὶ εὗρον αὐτὸν καθήμενον παρὰ τὴν θύραν τῆς αὐλῆς καὶ ἐχαιρέτισαν αὐτὸν πρῶτοι καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς χαίρετε πολλά ἀδελφοί καὶ καλῶς ἤλθατε ὑγιαίνοντες καὶ ἤγαγεν αὐτοὺς εἰς τὸν οἶκον αὐτοῦ Tb 7:1
¶And when they arrived at Ecbatane, they came to the house of Raguel, and Sarah met them. And after they had greeted one another, she brought them into the house.
- - - 2 Tb 7:2 2 καὶ εἶπεν Εδνα τῇ γυναικὶ αὐτοῦ ὡς ὅμοιος ὁ νεανίσκος οὗτος Τωβει τῷ ἀδελφῷ μου Tb 7:2
Then Raguel said to Edna his wife, “How much this young man is like Tobit my kinsman!”
- - - 3 Tb 7:3 3 καὶ ἠρώτησεν αὐτοὺς Εδνα καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς πόθεν ἐστέ ἀδελφοί καὶ εἶπαν αὐτῇ ἐκ τῶν υἱῶν Νεφθαλιμ ἡμεῖς τῶν αἰχμαλωτισθέντων ἐν Νινευη Tb 7:3
And Raguel asked them, “Where do you come from, brethren?” They said to him, “We are of the sons of Naphtali, who are captives in Nineveh.”
- - - 4 Tb 7:4 4 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς γινώσκετε Τωβιν τὸν ἀδελφὸν ἡμῶν καὶ εἶπαν αὐτῇ γινώσκομεν ἡμεῖς αὐτόν Tb 7:4
Then he said to them, “Do you know Tobit our kinsman?” And they said, “We know him.” Then he said, “Is he in good health?”
- - - 5 Tb 7:5 5 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς ὑγιαίνει καὶ εἶπαν αὐτῇ ὑγιαίνει καὶ ζῇ καὶ εἶπεν Τωβιας ὁ πατήρ μού ἐστιν Tb 7:5
And they said, “He is both alive and in good health.” And Tobias said, “He is my father.”
- - - 6 Tb 7:6-7 6 καὶ ἀνεπήδησεν Ραγουηλ καὶ κατεφίλησεν αὐτὸν καὶ ἔκλαυσεν καὶ ἐλάλησεν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ εὐλογία σοι γένοιτο παιδίον ὁ τοῦ καλοῦ καὶ ἀγαθοῦ πατρός ὦ ταλαιπώρων κακῶν ὅτι ἐτυφλώθη ἀνὴρ δίκαιος καὶ ποιῶν ἐλεημοσύνας καὶ ἐπιπεσὼν ἐπὶ τὸν τράχηλον Τωβια τοῦ ἀδελφοῦ αὐτοῦ ἔκλαυσεν Tb 7:6-7
(6) Then Raguel leaped up and kissed him and wept. (7) And he blessed him and said to him, “You are the son of an honest and good man.” But when he heard that Tobit was blind, he was sorrowful and wept.
- - - 7 Tb 7:8 7 καὶ Εδνα ἡ γυνὴ αὐτοῦ ἔκλαυσεν αὐτόν καὶ Σαρρα ἡ θυγάτηρ αὐτῶν ἔκλαυσεν καὶ αὐτή Tb 7:8
And likewise Edna his wife and Sarah his daughter wept. Yet still they entertained them cheerfully, and afterwards they had a ram of the flock killed, and they set a supply of meat on the table. Then Tobias said to Raphael, “Brother Azariah, speak about those things which you spoke about on the way here, and let this matter be completed.”
- - - 8 8 8 καὶ ἔθυσεν κριὸν ἐκ προβάτων καὶ ὑπεδέξατο αὐτοὺς προθύμως 8 - - - 9 9 9 καὶ ὅτε ἐλούσαντο καὶ ἐνίψαντο καὶ ἀνέπεσαν δειπνῆσαι εἶπεν Τωβιας τῷ Ραφαηλ Αζαρια ἄδελφε εἰπὸν Ραγουηλ ὅπως δῷ μοι Σαρραν τὴν ἀδελφήν μου 9 - - - 10 Tb 7:9-10 10 καὶ ἤκουσεν Ραγουηλ τὸν λόγον καὶ εἶπεν τῷ παιδί φάγε καὶ πίε καὶ ἡδέως γενοῦ τὴν νύκτα ταύτην οὐ γάρ ἐστιν ἄνθρωπος ᾧ καθήκει λαβεῖν Σαρραν τὴν θυγατέρα μου πλὴν σοῦ ἄδελφε ὡσαύτως δὲ καὶ ἐγὼ οὐκ ἔχω ἐξουσίαν δοῦναι αὐτὴν ἑτέρῳ ἀνδρὶ πλὴν σοῦ ὅτι σὺ ἔγγιστά μου καὶ μάλα τὴν ἀλήθειάν σοι ὑποδείξω παιδίον Tb 7:9-10
(9) ¶So he communicated the matter to Raguel. And Raguel said to Tobias, “Eat and drink, and make merry, (10) for it is fitting that you should marry my daughter. Nevertheless I will declare to you the truth.
- - - 11 Tb 7:11 11 ἔδωκα αὐτὴν ἑπτὰ ἀνδράσιν τῶν ἀδελφῶν ἡμῶν καὶ πάντες ἀπέθανον τὴν νύκτα ὁπότε εἰσεπορεύοντο πρὸς αὐτήν καὶ νῦν παιδίον φάγε καὶ πίε καὶ κύριος ποιήσει ἐν ὑμῖν Tb 7:11
I have given my daughter in marriage to seven men, who each died on the night that they came in to her. Nevertheless be merry for now.” But Tobias said, “I will eat nothing here until we agree and swear one to another.”
- - - 12 Tb 7:12 12 καὶ εἶπεν Τωβιας οὐ μὴ φάγω ἐντεῦθεν οὐδὲ μὴ πίω ἕως ἂν διαστήσῃς τὰ πρὸς ἐμέ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Ραγουηλ ὅτι ποιῶ καὶ αὐτὴ δίδοταί σοι κατὰ τὴν κρίσιν τῆς βίβλου Μωυσέως καὶ ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ κέκριταί σοι δοθῆναι κομίζου τὴν ἀδελφήν σου ἀπὸ τοῦ νῦν σὺ ἀδελφὸς εἶ αὐτῆς καὶ αὐτὴ ἀδελφή σου δέδοταί σοι ἀπὸ τῆς σήμερον καὶ εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα καὶ ὁ κύριος τοῦ οὐρανοῦ εὐοδώσει ὑμᾶς παιδίον τὴν νύκτα ταύτην καὶ ποιήσαι ἐφ’ ὑμᾶς ἔλεος καὶ εἰρήνην Tb 7:12
Raguel said, “Then take her from this time forward, according to the custom, for you are her kinsman, and she is yours, and may the merciful God give you good success in all things.”
- - - 13 Tb 7:13 13 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν Ραγουηλ Σαρραν τὴν θυγατέρα αὐτοῦ καὶ ἦλθεν πρὸς αὐτόν καὶ λαβόμενος τῆς χειρὸς αὐτῆς παρέδωκεν αὐτὴν αὐτῷ καὶ εἶπεν κόμισαι κατὰ τὸν νόμον καὶ κατὰ τὴν κρίσιν τὴν γεγραμμένην ἐν τῇ βίβλῳ Μωυσέως δοῦναί σοι τὴν γυναῖκα ἔχε καὶ ἄπαγε πρὸς τὸν πατέρα σου ὑγιαίνων καὶ ὁ θεὸς τοῦ οὐρανοῦ εὐοδώσαι ὑμῖν εἰρήνην Tb 7:13
Then he called his daughter Sarah, and she came to her father, and he took her by the hand and gave her to be wife to Tobias, saying, “Behold, take her after the Law of Moses, and lead her away to your father.” And he blessed them.
- - - 14 Tb 7:14-15 14 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν τὴν μητέρα αὐτῆς καὶ εἶπεν ἐνεγκεῖν βιβλίον καὶ ἔγραψεν συγγραφὴν βιβλίου συνοικήσεως καὶ ὡς δίδωσιν αὐτὴν αὐτῷ γυναῖκα κατὰ τὴν κρίσιν τοῦ Μωυσέως νόμου ἀπ’ ἐκείνου ἤρξαντο φαγεῖν καὶ πιεῖν Tb 7:14-15
(14) And he called Edna his wife, and took paper and wrote an instrument of covenants and sealed it. (15) Then they began to eat.
- - - 15 Tb 7:16 15 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν Ραγουηλ Εδναν τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ ἀδελφή ἑτοίμασον τὸ ταμίειον τὸ ἕτερον καὶ εἰσάγαγε αὐτὴν ἐκεῖ Tb 7:16
¶Afterwards Raguel called his wife Edna and said to her, “Sister, prepare another room and bring her into it.”
- - - 16 Tb 7:17 16 καὶ βαδίσασα ἔστρωσεν εἰς τὸ ταμίειον ὡς εἶπεν αὐτῇ καὶ ἤγαγεν αὐτὴν ἐκεῖ καὶ ἔκλαυσεν περὶ αὐτῆς καὶ ἀπεμάξατο τὰ δάκρυα καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ Tb 7:17
Then, when she had done as he had asked her, she brought her into it. And she wept and received the tears of her daughter, and she said to her,
- - - 17 Tb 7:18 17 θάρσει θύγατερ ὁ κύριος τοῦ οὐρανοῦ δῴη σοι χαρὰν ἀντὶ τῆς λύπης σου θάρσει θύγατερ καὶ ἐξῆλθεν Tb 7:18
“Be of good comfort, my daughter. May the Lord of heaven and earth give you joy in place of this your sorrow. Be of good comfort, my daughter.”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard