Τωβὶτ S Tobit S (Codex Sinaiticus)
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Tb 8:1 1 καὶ ὅτε συνετέλεσαν τὸ φαγεῖν καὶ πιεῖν ἠθέλησαν κοιμηθῆναι καὶ ἀπήγαγον τὸν νεανίσκον καὶ εἰσήγαγον αὐτὸν εἰς τὸ ταμίειον Tb 8:1
¶And when they had dined, they brought Tobias in to her.
- - - 2 Tb 8:2 2 καὶ ἐμνήσθη Τωβιας τῶν λόγων Ραφαηλ καὶ ἔλαβεν τὸ ἧπαρ τοῦ ἰχθύος καὶ τὴν καρδίαν ἐκ τοῦ βαλλαντίου οὗ εἶχεν καὶ ἐπέθηκεν ἐπὶ τὴν τέφραν τοῦ θυμιάματος Tb 8:2
And as he went, he remembered the words of Raphael. And he took the ashes of the perfumes, and put the heart and the liver of the fish on them, and made a smoke with them.
- - - 3 Tb 8:3 3 καὶ ἡ ὀσμὴ τοῦ ἰχθύος ἐκώλυσεν καὶ ἀπέδραμεν τὸ δαιμόνιον ἄνω εἰς τὰ μέρη Αἰγύπτου καὶ βαδίσας Ραφαηλ συνεπόδισεν αὐτὸν ἐκεῖ καὶ ἐπέδησεν παραχρῆμα Tb 8:3
When the evil spirit had smelled this odor, he fled into the utmost parts of Egypt, and the angel bound him.
- - - 4 Tb 8:4 4 καὶ ἐξῆλθον καὶ ἀπέκλεισαν τὴν θύραν τοῦ ταμιείου καὶ ἠγέρθη Τωβιας ἀπὸ τῆς κλίνης καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ ἀδελφή ἀνάστηθι προσευξώμεθα καὶ δεηθῶμεν τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν ὅπως ποιήσῃ ἐφ’ ἡμᾶς ἔλεος καὶ σωτηρίαν Tb 8:4
And afterwards, when they were both secluded together, Tobias rose out of the bed and said, “Sister, arise, and let us pray that God will have pity on us.”
- - - 5 Tb 8:5 5 καὶ ἀνέστη καὶ ἤρξαντο προσεύχεσθαι καὶ δεηθῆναι ὅπως γένηται αὐτοῖς σωτηρία καὶ ἤρξατο λέγειν εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὁ θεὸς τῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν καὶ εὐλογητὸν τὸ ὄνομά σου εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας τῆς γενεᾶς εὐλογησάτωσάν σε οἱ οὐρανοὶ καὶ πᾶσα ἡ κτίσις σου εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας Tb 8:5
Then Tobias began to say, “Blessed are you, O God of our fathers, and blessed is your holy and glorious name for ever; let the heavens bless you, and all your creatures.
- - - 6 Tb 8:6 6 σὺ ἐποίησας τὸν Αδαμ καὶ ἐποίησας αὐτῷ βοηθὸν στήριγμα Ευαν τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐξ ἀμφοτέρων ἐγενήθη τὸ σπέρμα τῶν ἀνθρώπων καὶ σὺ εἶπας ὅτι οὐ καλὸν εἶναι τὸν ἄνθρωπον μόνον ποιήσωμεν αὐτῷ βοηθὸν ὅμοιον αὐτῷ Tb 8:6
You made Adam, and gave him Eve his wife as a helper and support; of them came mankind, for you have said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; let us make him a helper like himself.’
- - - 7 Tb 8:7 7 καὶ νῦν οὐχὶ διὰ πορνείαν ἐγὼ λαμβάνω τὴν ἀδελφήν μου ταύτην ἀλλ’ ἐπ’ ἀληθείας ἐπίταξον ἐλεῆσαί με καὶ αὐτὴν καὶ συγκαταγηρᾶσαι κοινῶς Tb 8:7
And now, O Lord, I take not this my sister for pleasure, but in righteousness; therefore mercifully ordain that we may grow old together.”
- - - 8 Tb 8:8 8 καὶ εἶπαν μεθ’ ἑαυτῶν αμην αμην Tb 8:8
And she said with him, “Amen.”
- - - 9 Tb 8:9 9 καὶ ἐκοιμήθησαν τὴν νύκτα Tb 8:9
¶So they both slept that night. And Raguel arose, and went and made a grave,
- - - 10 Tb 8:10 10 καὶ ἀναστὰς Ραγουηλ ἐκάλεσεν τοὺς οἰκέτας μεθ’ ἑαυτοῦ καὶ ᾤχοντο καὶ ὤρυξαν τάφον εἶπεν γάρ μήποτε ἀποθάνῃ καὶ γενώμεθα κατάγελως καὶ ὀνειδισμός Tb 8:10
saying, “I am afraid that he too is dead.”
- - - 11 Tb 8:11 11 καὶ ὅτε συνετέλεσαν ὀρύσσοντες τὸν τάφον ἦλθεν Ραγουηλ εἰς τὸν οἶκον καὶ ἐκάλεσεν τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ Tb 8:11
But when Raguel returned to his house,
- - - 12 Tb 8:12 12 καὶ εἶπεν ἀπόστειλον μίαν τῶν παιδισκῶν καὶ εἰσελθοῦσα ἰδέτω εἰ ζῇ καὶ εἰ τέθνηκεν ὅπως ἂν θάψωμεν αὐτόν ὅπως μηδεὶς γνῷ Tb 8:12
he said to his wife Edna, “Send one of the maids, and let her see if he is alive. If he is not, then we can bury him, and no one will know of it.”
- - - 13 Tb 8:13 13 καὶ ἀπέστειλαν τὴν παιδίσκην καὶ ἧψαν τὸν λύχνον καὶ ἤνοιξαν τὴν θύραν καὶ εἰσῆλθεν καὶ εὗρεν αὐτοὺς καθεύδοντας καὶ ὑπνοῦντας κοινῶς Tb 8:13
So the maid opened the door and went in and found them both asleep.
- - - 14 Tb 8:14 14 καὶ ἐξελθοῦσα ἡ παιδίσκη ὑπέδειξεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι ζῇ καὶ οὐδὲν κακόν ἐστιν Tb 8:14
And she came forth and told them that he was alive.
- - - 15 Tb 8:15 15 καὶ εὐλόγησαν τὸν θεὸν τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καὶ εἶπαν εὐλογητὸς εἶ θεέ ἐν πάσῃ εὐλογίᾳ καθαρᾷ εὐλογείτωσάν σε εἰς πάντας τοὺς αἰῶνας Tb 8:15
¶Then Raguel praised God and said, “O God, you are worthy to be praised with all pure and holy praise; therefore let your saints praise you with all your creatures, and let all your angels and your elect praise you for ever.
- - - 16 Tb 8:16 16 καὶ εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὅτι εὔφρανάς με καὶ οὐκ ἐγένετο καθὼς ὑπενόουν ἀλλὰ κατὰ τὸ πολὺ ἔλεός σου ἐποίησας μεθ’ ἡμῶν Tb 8:16
You are to be praised, for you have made me joyful; and what I feared has not happened, but you have dealt with us according to your great mercy.
- - - 17 Tb 8:17 17 καὶ εὐλογητὸς εἶ ὅτι ἠλέησας δύο μονογενεῖς ποίησον αὐτοῖς δέσποτα ἔλεος καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ συντέλεσον τὴν ζωὴν αὐτῶν μετ’ εὐφροσύνης καὶ ἐλέου Tb 8:17
You are to be praised because you had mercy on two who were each the only begotten children of their fathers; grant them mercy, O Lord, and finish their life in health with joy and mercy.”
- - - 18 Tb 8:18 18 τότε εἶπεν τοῖς οἰκέταις αὐτοῦ χῶσαι τὸν τάφον πρὸ τοῦ ὄρθρον γενέσθαι Tb 8:18
Then Raguel directed his servants to fill the grave.
- - - 19 Tb 8:19 19 καὶ τῇ γυναικὶ εἶπεν ποιῆσαι ἄρτους πολλούς καὶ εἰς τὸ βουκόλιον βαδίσας ἤγαγεν βόας δύο καὶ κριοὺς τέσσαρας καὶ εἶπεν συντελεῖν αὐτούς καὶ ἤρξαντο παρασκευάζειν Tb 8:19
And he kept the wedding feast for fourteen days.
- - - 20 Tb 8:20 20 καὶ ἐκάλεσεν Τωβιαν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ δέκα τεσσάρων ἡμερῶν οὐ μὴ κινηθῇς ἐντεῦθεν ἀλλ’ αὐτοῦ μενεῖς ἔσθων καὶ πίνων παρ’ ἐμοὶ καὶ εὐφρανεῖς τὴν ψυχὴν τῆς θυγατρός μου τὴν κατωδυνωμένην Tb 8:20
For before the days of the marriage were finished, Raguel had said to him by an oath, that he should not depart until the fourteen days of the marriage were fulfilled,
- - - 21 Tb 8:21 21 καὶ ὅσα μοι ὑπάρχει λάμβανε αὐτόθεν τὸ ἥμισυ καὶ ὕπαγε ὑγιαίνων πρὸς τὸν πατέρα σου καὶ τὸ ἄλλο ἥμισυ ὅταν ἀποθάνω ἐγώ τε καὶ ἡ γυνή μου ὑμέτερόν ἐστιν θάρσει παιδίον ἐγώ σου ὁ πατὴρ καὶ Εδνα ἡ μήτηρ σου καὶ παρὰ σοῦ ἐσμεν ἡμεῖς καὶ τῆς ἀδελφῆς σου ἀπὸ τοῦ νῦν εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα θάρσει παιδίον Tb 8:21
and that then he should take half of his goods and go in safety to his father, and that he would have the rest “when I and my wife are dead.”
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard