Σοφία Σαλωμῶνος Wisdom of Solomon
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Wsd 10:1 1 αὕτη πρωτόπλαστον πατέρα κόσμου μόνον κτισθέντα διεφύλαξεν καὶ ἐξείλατο αὐτὸν ἐκ παραπτώματος ἰδίου Wsd 10:1
guarded to the end the first formed father of the world, who was created alone, and delivered him out of his own transgression,
- - - 2 Wsd 10:2 2 ἔδωκέν τε αὐτῷ ἰσχὺν κρατῆσαι ἁπάντων Wsd 10:2
and gave him strength to rule over all things.
- - - 3 Wsd 10:3 3 ἀποστὰς δὲ ἀπ’ αὐτῆς ἄδικος ἐν ὀργῇ αὐτοῦ ἀδελφοκτόνοις συναπώλετο θυμοῖς Wsd 10:3
But when an unrighteous man fell away from her in his anger, he perished himself in the rage with which he killed his brother.
- - - 4 Wsd 10:4 4 δι’ ὃν κατακλυζομένην γῆν πάλιν ἔσωσεν σοφία δι’ εὐτελοῦς ξύλου τὸν δίκαιον κυβερνήσασα Wsd 10:4
When for his cause the earth was drowning with a flood, wisdom again saved it, guiding the righteous man’s course by a paltry piece of wood.
- - - 5 Wsd 10:5 5 αὕτη καὶ ἐν ὁμονοίᾳ πονηρίας ἐθνῶν συγχυθέντων ἔγνω τὸν δίκαιον καὶ ἐτήρησεν αὐτὸν ἄμεμπτον θεῷ καὶ ἐπὶ τέκνου σπλάγχνοις ἰσχυρὸν ἐφύλαξεν Wsd 10:5
Moreover, when nations consenting together in wickedness had been confounded, wisdom
knew the righteous man, and preserved him blameless to God, and kept him strong when his heart yearned toward his child.
- - - 6 Wsd 10:6 6 αὕτη δίκαιον ἐξαπολλυμένων ἀσεβῶν ἐρρύσατο φυγόντα καταβάσιον πῦρ Πενταπόλεως Wsd 10:6
While the ungodly were perishing, wisdom
delivered a righteous man, when he fled from the fire that descended out of heaven on the five cities.
- - - 7 Wsd 10:7 7 ἧς ἔτι μαρτύριον τῆς πονηρίας καπνιζομένη καθέστηκε χέρσος καὶ ἀτελέσιν ὥραις καρποφοροῦντα φυτά ἀπιστούσης ψυχῆς μνημεῖον ἑστηκυῖα στήλη ἁλός Wsd 10:7
To whose wickedness a smoking waste still witnesses, and plants bearing fair fruit that doesn’t ripen, a disbelieving soul has a memorial: a standing pillar of salt.
- - - 8 Wsd 10:8 8 σοφίαν γὰρ παροδεύσαντες οὐ μόνον ἐβλάβησαν τοῦ μὴ γνῶναι τὰ καλά ἀλλὰ καὶ τῆς ἀφροσύνης ἀπέλιπον τῷ βίῳ μνημόσυνον ἵνα ἐν οἷς ἐσφάλησαν μηδὲ λαθεῖν δυνηθῶσιν Wsd 10:8
For having passed wisdom by, not only were they disabled from recognising the things which are good, but they also left behind them for their life a monument of their folly, to the end that where they stumbled, they might fail even to be unseen;
- - - 9 Wsd 10:9 9 σοφία δὲ τοὺς θεραπεύοντας αὐτὴν ἐκ πόνων ἐρρύσατο Wsd 10:9
but wisdom delivered those who waited on her out of troubles.
- - - 10 Wsd 10:10 10 αὕτη φυγάδα ὀργῆς ἀδελφοῦ δίκαιον ὡδήγησεν ἐν τρίβοις εὐθείαις ἔδειξεν αὐτῷ βασιλείαν θεοῦ καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ γνῶσιν ἁγίων εὐπόρησεν αὐτὸν ἐν μόχθοις καὶ ἐπλήθυνεν τοὺς πόνους αὐτοῦ Wsd 10:10
When a righteous man was a fugitive from a brother’s wrath,
wisdom guided him in straight paths. She showed him God’s kingdom, and gave him knowledge of holy things. She prospered him in his toils, and multiplied the fruits of his labor.
- - - 11 Wsd 10:11 11 ἐν πλεονεξίᾳ κατισχυόντων αὐτὸν παρέστη καὶ ἐπλούτισεν αὐτόν Wsd 10:11
When in their covetousness men dealt harshly with him, she stood by him and made him rich.
- - - 12 Wsd 10:12 12 διεφύλαξεν αὐτὸν ἀπὸ ἐχθρῶν καὶ ἀπὸ ἐνεδρευόντων ἠσφαλίσατο καὶ ἀγῶνα ἰσχυρὸν ἐβράβευσεν αὐτῷ ἵνα γνῷ ὅτι παντὸς δυνατωτέρα ἐστὶν εὐσέβεια Wsd 10:12
She guarded him from enemies, and she kept him safe from those who lay in wait. Over his severe conflict, she watched as judge, that he might know that godliness is more powerful than every one.
- - - 13 Wsd 10:13 13 αὕτη πραθέντα δίκαιον οὐκ ἐγκατέλιπεν ἀλλὰ ἐξ ἁμαρτίας ἐρρύσατο αὐτόν Wsd 10:13
When a righteous man was sold,
wisdom didn’t forsake him, but she delivered him from sin. She went down with him into a dungeon,
- - - 14 Wsd 10:14 14 συγκατέβη αὐτῷ εἰς λάκκον καὶ ἐν δεσμοῖς οὐκ ἀφῆκεν αὐτόν ἕως ἤνεγκεν αὐτῷ σκῆπτρα βασιλείας καὶ ἐξουσίαν τυραννούντων αὐτοῦ ψευδεῖς τε ἔδειξεν τοὺς μωμησαμένους αὐτὸν καὶ ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ δόξαν αἰώνιον Wsd 10:14
and in bonds she didn’t depart from him, until she brought him the sceptre of a kingdom, and authority over those that dealt like a tyrant with him. She also showed those who had mockingly accused him to be false, and gave him eternal glory.
- - - 15 Wsd 10:15 15 αὕτη λαὸν ὅσιον καὶ σπέρμα ἄμεμπτον ἐρρύσατο ἐξ ἔθνους θλιβόντων Wsd 10:15
delivered a holy people and a blameless seed from a nation of oppressors.
- - - 16 Wsd 10:16 16 εἰσῆλθεν εἰς ψυχὴν θεράποντος κυρίου καὶ ἀντέστη βασιλεῦσιν φοβεροῖς ἐν τέρασι καὶ σημείοις Wsd 10:16
She entered into the soul of a servant of the Lord, and withstood terrible kings in wonders and signs.
- - - 17 Wsd 10:17 17 ἀπέδωκεν ὁσίοις μισθὸν κόπων αὐτῶν ὡδήγησεν αὐτοὺς ἐν ὁδῷ θαυμαστῇ καὶ ἐγένετο αὐτοῖς εἰς σκέπην ἡμέρας καὶ εἰς φλόγα ἄστρων τὴν νύκτα Wsd 10:17
She rendered to holy men a reward of their toils. She guided them along a marvelous way, and became to them a covering in the day-time, and a starry flame through the night.
- - - 18 Wsd 10:18 18 διεβίβασεν αὐτοὺς θάλασσαν ἐρυθρὰν καὶ διήγαγεν αὐτοὺς δι’ ὕδατος πολλοῦ Wsd 10:18
She brought them over the Red sea, and led them through much water;
- - - 19 Wsd 10:19 19 τοὺς δὲ ἐχθροὺς αὐτῶν κατέκλυσεν καὶ ἐκ βάθους ἀβύσσου ἀνέβρασεν αὐτούς Wsd 10:19
but she drowned their enemies, and she cast them up from the bottom of the deep.
- - - 20 Wsd 10:20 20 διὰ τοῦτο δίκαιοι ἐσκύλευσαν ἀσεβεῖς καὶ ὕμνησαν κύριε τὸ ὄνομα τὸ ἅγιόν σου τήν τε ὑπέρμαχόν σου χεῖρα ᾔνεσαν ὁμοθυμαδόν Wsd 10:20
Therefore the righteous plundered the ungodly, and they sang praise to your holy name, O Lord, and extolled with one accord your hand that fought for them,
- - - 21 Wsd 10:21 21 ὅτι ἡ σοφία ἤνοιξεν στόμα κωφῶν καὶ γλώσσας νηπίων ἔθηκεν τρανάς Wsd 10:21
because wisdom opened the mouth of the mute, and made the tongues of babes to speak clearly.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard