Σοφία Σαλωμῶνος Wisdom of Solomon
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Wsd 12:1 1 τὸ γὰρ ἄφθαρτόν σου πνεῦμά ἐστιν ἐν πᾶσιν Wsd 12:1
For your incorruptible spirit is in all things.
- - - 2 Wsd 12:2 2 διὸ τοὺς παραπίπτοντας κατ’ ὀλίγον ἐλέγχεις καὶ ἐν οἷς ἁμαρτάνουσιν ὑπομιμνῄσκων νουθετεῖς ἵνα ἀπαλλαγέντες τῆς κακίας πιστεύσωσιν ἐπὶ σέ κύριε Wsd 12:2
Therefore you convict little by little those who fall from the right way, and, putting them in remembrance by the things wherein they sin, you admonish them, that escaping from their wickedness they may believe in you, O Lord.
- - - 3 Wsd 12:3 3 καὶ γὰρ τοὺς πάλαι οἰκήτορας τῆς ἁγίας σου γῆς Wsd 12:3
For truly the old inhabitants of your holy land,
- - - 4 Wsd 12:4 4 μισήσας ἐπὶ τῷ ἔχθιστα πράσσειν ἔργα φαρμακειῶν καὶ τελετὰς ἀνοσίους Wsd 12:4
hating them because they practiced detestable works of enchantments and unholy rites—
- - - 5 Wsd 12:5 5 τέκνων τε φονὰς ἀνελεήμονας καὶ σπλαγχνοφάγον ἀνθρωπίνων σαρκῶν θοῖναν καὶ αἵματος ἐκ μέσου μύστας θιάσου Wsd 12:5
merciless slaughters of children and sacrificial banquets of men’s flesh and of blood—
- - - 6 Wsd 12:6 6 καὶ αὐθέντας γονεῖς ψυχῶν ἀβοηθήτων ἐβουλήθης ἀπολέσαι διὰ χειρῶν πατέρων ἡμῶν Wsd 12:6
allies in an impious fellowship, and murderers of their own helpless babes, it was your counsel to destroy by the hands of our fathers;
- - - 7 Wsd 12:7 7 ἵνα ἀξίαν ἀποικίαν δέξηται θεοῦ παίδων ἡ παρὰ σοὶ πασῶν τιμιωτάτη γῆ Wsd 12:7
that the land which in your sight is most precious of all might receive a worthy colony of God’s servants.
* - - - 8 Wsd 12:8 8 ἀλλὰ καὶ τούτων ὡς ἀνθρώπων ἐφείσω ἀπέστειλάς τε προδρόμους τοῦ στρατοπέδου σου σφῆκας ἵνα αὐτοὺς κατὰ βραχὺ ἐξολεθρεύσωσιν Wsd 12:8
Nevertheless you even spared these as men, and you sent hornets
as forerunners of your army, to cause them to perish little by little.
- - - 9 Wsd 12:9 9 οὐκ ἀδυνατῶν ἐν παρατάξει ἀσεβεῖς δικαίοις ὑποχειρίους δοῦναι ἢ θηρίοις δεινοῖς ἢ λόγῳ ἀποτόμῳ ὑφ’ ἓν ἐκτρῖψαι Wsd 12:9
Not that you were unable to subdue the ungodly under the hand of the righteous in battle, or by terrible beasts or by a stern word to make away with them at once,
- - - 10 Wsd 12:10 10 κρίνων δὲ κατὰ βραχὺ ἐδίδους τόπον μετανοίας οὐκ ἀγνοῶν ὅτι πονηρὰ ἡ γένεσις αὐτῶν καὶ ἔμφυτος ἡ κακία αὐτῶν καὶ ὅτι οὐ μὴ ἀλλαγῇ ὁ λογισμὸς αὐτῶν εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα Wsd 12:10
but judging them little by little you gave them a chance to repent, not being ignorant that their nature by birth was evil, their wickedness inborn, and that their manner of thought would never be changed.
- - - 11 Wsd 12:11 11 σπέρμα γὰρ ἦν κατηραμένον ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς οὐδὲ εὐλαβούμενός τινα ἐφ’ οἷς ἡμάρτανον ἄδειαν ἐδίδους Wsd 12:11
For they were a cursed seed from the beginning. It wasn’t through fear of any that you left them unpunished for their sins.
- - - 12 Wsd 12:12 12 τίς γὰρ ἐρεῖ τί ἐποίησας ἢ τίς ἀντιστήσεται τῷ κρίματί σου τίς δὲ ἐγκαλέσει σοι κατὰ ἐθνῶν ἀπολωλότων ἃ σὺ ἐποίησας ἢ τίς εἰς κατάστασίν σοι ἐλεύσεται ἔκδικος κατὰ ἀδίκων ἀνθρώπων Wsd 12:12
For who will say, “What have you done?” Or “Who will withstand your judgment?” Who will accuse you for the perishing of nations which you caused? Or who will come and stand before you as an avenger for unrighteous men?
- - - 13 Wsd 12:13 13 οὔτε γὰρ θεός ἐστιν πλὴν σοῦ ᾧ μέλει περὶ πάντων ἵνα δείξῃς ὅτι οὐκ ἀδίκως ἔκρινας Wsd 12:13
For there isn’t any God beside you that cares for all, that you might show that you didn’t judge unrighteously.
- - - 14 Wsd 12:14 14 οὔτε βασιλεὺς ἢ τύραννος ἀντοφθαλμῆσαι δυνήσεταί σοι περὶ ὧν ἐκόλασας Wsd 12:14
No king or prince will be able to confront you about those whom you have punished.
- - - 15 Wsd 12:15 15 δίκαιος δὲ ὢν δικαίως τὰ πάντα διέπεις αὐτὸν τὸν μὴ ὀφείλοντα κολασθῆναι καταδικάσαι ἀλλότριον ἡγούμενος τῆς σῆς δυνάμεως Wsd 12:15
But being righteous, you rule all things righteously, deeming it a thing alien from your power to condemn one who doesn’t deserve to be punished.
- - - 16 Wsd 12:16 16 ἡ γὰρ ἰσχύς σου δικαιοσύνης ἀρχή καὶ τὸ πάντων σε δεσπόζειν πάντων φείδεσθαί σε ποιεῖ Wsd 12:16
For your strength is the source of righteousness, and your sovereignty over all makes you to forbear all.
- - - 17 Wsd 12:17 17 ἰσχὺν γὰρ ἐνδείκνυσαι ἀπιστούμενος ἐπὶ δυνάμεως τελειότητι καὶ ἐν τοῖς εἰδόσι τὸ θράσος ἐξελέγχεις Wsd 12:17
For when men don’t believe that you are perfect in power, you show your strength, and in dealing with those who think this, you confuse their boldness.
- - - 18 Wsd 12:18 18 σὺ δὲ δεσπόζων ἰσχύος ἐν ἐπιεικείᾳ κρίνεις καὶ μετὰ πολλῆς φειδοῦς διοικεῖς ἡμᾶς πάρεστιν γάρ σοι ὅταν θέλῃς τὸ δύνασθαι Wsd 12:18
But you, being sovereign in strength, judge in gentleness, and with great forbearance you govern us; for the power is yours whenever you desire it.
- - - 19 Wsd 12:19 19 ἐδίδαξας δέ σου τὸν λαὸν διὰ τῶν τοιούτων ἔργων ὅτι δεῖ τὸν δίκαιον εἶναι φιλάνθρωπον καὶ εὐέλπιδας ἐποίησας τοὺς υἱούς σου ὅτι διδοῖς ἐπὶ ἁμαρτήμασιν μετάνοιαν Wsd 12:19
But you taught your people by such works as these, how the righteous must be kind. You made your sons to have good hope, because you give repentance when men have sinned.
- - - 20 Wsd 12:20 20 εἰ γὰρ ἐχθροὺς παίδων σου καὶ ὀφειλομένους θανάτῳ μετὰ τοσαύτης ἐτιμωρήσω προσοχῆς καὶ διέσεως δοὺς χρόνους καὶ τόπον δι’ ὧν ἀπαλλαγῶσι τῆς κακίας Wsd 12:20
For if on those who were enemies of your servants
and deserving of death, you took vengeance with so great deliberation and indulgence, giving them times and opportunities when they might escape from their wickedness,
- - - 21 Wsd 12:21 21 μετὰ πόσης ἀκριβείας ἔκρινας τοὺς υἱούς σου ὧν τοῖς πατράσιν ὅρκους καὶ συνθήκας ἔδωκας ἀγαθῶν ὑποσχέσεων Wsd 12:21
with how great care you judged your sons, to whose fathers you gave oaths and covenants of good promises!
- - - 22 Wsd 12:22 22 ἡμᾶς οὖν παιδεύων τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ἡμῶν ἐν μυριότητι μαστιγοῖς ἵνα σου τὴν ἀγαθότητα μεριμνῶμεν κρίνοντες κρινόμενοι δὲ προσδοκῶμεν ἔλεος Wsd 12:22
Therefore while you chasten us, you scourge our enemies ten thousand times more, to the intent that we may ponder your goodness when we judge, and when we are judged may look for mercy.
- - - 23 Wsd 12:23 23 ὅθεν καὶ τοὺς ἐν ἀφροσύνῃ ζωῆς βιώσαντας ἀδίκως διὰ τῶν ἰδίων ἐβασάνισας βδελυγμάτων Wsd 12:23
Therefore also the unrighteous that lived in a life of folly, you tormented through their own abominations.
- - - 24 Wsd 12:24 24 καὶ γὰρ τῶν πλάνης ὁδῶν μακρότερον ἐπλανήθησαν θεοὺς ὑπολαμβάνοντες τὰ καὶ ἐν ζῴοις τῶν αἰσχρῶν ἄτιμα νηπίων δίκην ἀφρόνων ψευσθέντες Wsd 12:24
For truly they went astray very far in the ways of error, Taking as gods those animals
which even among their enemies were held in dishonor, deceived like foolish babes.
- - - 25 Wsd 12:25 25 διὰ τοῦτο ὡς παισὶν ἀλογίστοις τὴν κρίσιν εἰς ἐμπαιγμὸν ἔπεμψας Wsd 12:25
Therefore, as to unreasoning children, you sent your judgment to mock them.
- - - 26 Wsd 12:26 26 οἱ δὲ παιγνίοις ἐπιτιμήσεως μὴ νουθετηθέντες ἀξίαν θεοῦ κρίσιν πειράσουσιν Wsd 12:26
But those who would not be admonished by mild correction will experience the deserved judgment of God.
- - - 27 Wsd 12:27 27 ἐφ’ οἷς γὰρ αὐτοὶ πάσχοντες ἠγανάκτουν ἐπὶ τούτοις οὓς ἐδόκουν θεούς ἐν αὐτοῖς κολαζόμενοι ἰδόντες ὃν πάλαι ἠρνοῦντο εἰδέναι θεὸν ἐπέγνωσαν ἀληθῆ διὸ καὶ τὸ τέρμα τῆς καταδίκης ἐπ’ αὐτοὺς ἐπῆλθεν Wsd 12:27
For through the sufferings they were indignant of, being punished in these creatures which they supposed to be gods, they saw and recognized as the true God him whom they previously refused to know. Therefore also the result of extreme condemnation came upon them.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard