Σοφία Σαλωμῶνος Wisdom of Solomon
CATSS LXX Wiki Latin Translation LXX / Vulgata Clementina Westminster Leningrad Codex Wiki Latin Translation HB / Vulgata Clementina 1 Wsd 6:1 1 ἀκούσατε οὖν βασιλεῖς καὶ σύνετε μάθετε δικασταὶ περάτων γῆς Wsd 6:1
Hear therefore, you kings, and understand. Learn, you judges of the ends of the earth.
- - - 2 Wsd 6:2 2 ἐνωτίσασθε οἱ κρατοῦντες πλήθους καὶ γεγαυρωμένοι ἐπὶ ὄχλοις ἐθνῶν Wsd 6:2
Give ear, you rulers who have dominion over many people, and make your boast
in multitudes of nations,
- - - 3 Wsd 6:3 3 ὅτι ἐδόθη παρὰ κυρίου ἡ κράτησις ὑμῖν καὶ ἡ δυναστεία παρὰ ὑψίστου ὃς ἐξετάσει ὑμῶν τὰ ἔργα καὶ τὰς βουλὰς διερευνήσει Wsd 6:3
because your dominion was given to you from the Lord, and your sovereignty from the Most High. He will search out your works, and will inquire about your plans,
- - - 4 Wsd 6:4 4 ὅτι ὑπηρέται ὄντες τῆς αὐτοῦ βασιλείας οὐκ ἐκρίνατε ὀρθῶς οὐδὲ ἐφυλάξατε νόμον οὐδὲ κατὰ τὴν βουλὴν τοῦ θεοῦ ἐπορεύθητε Wsd 6:4
because being officers of his kingdom, you didn’t judge rightly, nor did you keep the law, nor did you walk according to God’s counsel.
- - - 5 Wsd 6:5 5 φρικτῶς καὶ ταχέως ἐπιστήσεται ὑμῖν ὅτι κρίσις ἀπότομος ἐν τοῖς ὑπερέχουσιν γίνεται Wsd 6:5
He will come upon you awfully and swiftly, because a stern judgment comes on those who are in high places.
- - - 6 Wsd 6:6 6 ὁ γὰρ ἐλάχιστος συγγνωστός ἐστιν ἐλέους δυνατοὶ δὲ δυνατῶς ἐτασθήσονται Wsd 6:6
For the man of low estate may be pardoned in mercy, but mighty men will be mightily tested.
- - - 7 Wsd 6:7 7 οὐ γὰρ ὑποστελεῖται πρόσωπον ὁ πάντων δεσπότης οὐδὲ ἐντραπήσεται μέγεθος ὅτι μικρὸν καὶ μέγαν αὐτὸς ἐποίησεν ὁμοίως τε προνοεῖ περὶ πάντων Wsd 6:7
For the Sovereign Lord of all will not be impressed with anyone, neither will he show deference to greatness; because it is he who made both small and great, and cares about them all;
- - - 8 Wsd 6:8 8 τοῖς δὲ κραταιοῖς ἰσχυρὰ ἐφίσταται ἔρευνα Wsd 6:8
but the scrutiny that comes upon the powerful is strict.
- - - 9 Wsd 6:9 9 πρὸς ὑμᾶς οὖν ὦ τύραννοι οἱ λόγοι μου ἵνα μάθητε σοφίαν καὶ μὴ παραπέσητε Wsd 6:9
Therefore, my words are to you, O princes, that you may learn wisdom and not fall away.
- - - 10 Wsd 6:10 10 οἱ γὰρ φυλάξαντες ὁσίως τὰ ὅσια ὁσιωθήσονται καὶ οἱ διδαχθέντες αὐτὰ εὑρήσουσιν ἀπολογίαν Wsd 6:10
For those who have kept the things that are holy in holiness will be made holy. Those who have been taught them will find what to say in defense.
- - - 11 Wsd 6:11 11 ἐπιθυμήσατε οὖν τῶν λόγων μου ποθήσατε καὶ παιδευθήσεσθε Wsd 6:11
Therefore set your desire on my words. Long for them, and you princes will be instructed.
- - - 12 Wsd 6:12 12 λαμπρὰ καὶ ἀμάραντός ἐστιν ἡ σοφία καὶ εὐχερῶς θεωρεῖται ὑπὸ τῶν ἀγαπώντων αὐτὴν καὶ εὑρίσκεται ὑπὸ τῶν ζητούντων αὐτήν Wsd 6:12
Wisdom is radiant and doesn’t fade away; and is easily seen by those who love her, and found by those who seek her.
- - - 13 Wsd 6:13 13 φθάνει τοὺς ἐπιθυμοῦντας προγνωσθῆναι Wsd 6:13
She anticipates those who desire her, making herself known.
- - - 14 Wsd 6:14 14 ὁ ὀρθρίσας πρὸς αὐτὴν οὐ κοπιάσει πάρεδρον γὰρ εὑρήσει τῶν πυλῶν αὐτοῦ Wsd 6:14
He who rises up early to seek her won’t have difficulty, for he will find her sitting at his gates.
- - - 15 Wsd 6:15 15 τὸ γὰρ ἐνθυμηθῆναι περὶ αὐτῆς φρονήσεως τελειότης καὶ ὁ ἀγρυπνήσας δι’ αὐτὴν ταχέως ἀμέριμνος ἔσται Wsd 6:15
For to think upon her is perfection of understanding, and he who watches for her will quickly be free from care;
- - - 16 Wsd 6:16 16 ὅτι τοὺς ἀξίους αὐτῆς αὐτὴ περιέρχεται ζητοῦσα καὶ ἐν ταῖς τρίβοις φαντάζεται αὐτοῖς εὐμενῶς καὶ ἐν πάσῃ ἐπινοίᾳ ὑπαντᾷ αὐτοῖς Wsd 6:16
because she herself goes around, seeking those who are worthy of her, and in their paths she appears to them graciously, and in every purpose she meets them.
- - - 17 Wsd 6:17 17 ἀρχὴ γὰρ αὐτῆς ἡ ἀληθεστάτη παιδείας ἐπιθυμία φροντὶς δὲ παιδείας ἀγάπη Wsd 6:17
For her true beginning is desire for instruction; and desire for instruction is love.
- - - 18 Wsd 6:18 18 ἀγάπη δὲ τήρησις νόμων αὐτῆς προσοχὴ δὲ νόμων βεβαίωσις ἀφθαρσίας Wsd 6:18
And love is observance of her laws. To give heed to her laws confirms immortality.
- - - 19 Wsd 6:19 19 ἀφθαρσία δὲ ἐγγὺς εἶναι ποιεῖ θεοῦ Wsd 6:19
Immortality brings closeness to God.
- - - 20 Wsd 6:20 20 ἐπιθυμία ἄρα σοφίας ἀνάγει ἐπὶ βασιλείαν Wsd 6:20
So then desire for wisdom promotes to a kingdom.
- - - 21 Wsd 6:21 21 εἰ οὖν ἥδεσθε ἐπὶ θρόνοις καὶ σκήπτροις τύραννοι λαῶν τιμήσατε σοφίαν ἵνα εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα βασιλεύσητε Wsd 6:21
If therefore you delight in thrones and sceptres, you princes of peoples, honor wisdom, that you may reign forever.
- - - 22 Wsd 6:22 22 τί δέ ἐστιν σοφία καὶ πῶς ἐγένετο ἀπαγγελῶ καὶ οὐκ ἀποκρύψω ὑμῖν μυστήρια ἀλλὰ ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς γενέσεως ἐξιχνιάσω καὶ θήσω εἰς τὸ ἐμφανὲς τὴν γνῶσιν αὐτῆς καὶ οὐ μὴ παροδεύσω τὴν ἀλήθειαν Wsd 6:22
But what wisdom is, and how she came into being, I will declare. I won’t hide mysteries from you; but I will explore from her first beginning, bring the knowledge of her into clear light, and I will not pass by the truth.
- - - 23 Wsd 6:23 23 οὔτε μὴν φθόνῳ τετηκότι συνοδεύσω ὅτι οὗτος οὐ κοινωνήσει σοφίᾳ Wsd 6:23
Indeed, I won’t travel with consuming envy, because envy will have no fellowship with wisdom.
- - - 24 Wsd 6:24 24 πλῆθος δὲ σοφῶν σωτηρία κόσμου καὶ βασιλεὺς φρόνιμος εὐστάθεια δήμου Wsd 6:24
But a multitude of wise men is salvation to the world, and an understanding king is stability for his people.
- - - 25 Wsd 6:25 25 ὥστε παιδεύεσθε τοῖς ῥήμασίν μου καὶ ὠφεληθήσεσθε Wsd 6:25
Therefore be instructed by my words, and you will profit.
- - -
Match Diacritics KEYMAP Wildcard